• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Austin, Tx (Beginner)

I'm not gonna say anything except that Austin is the hotbed of disc golf in Texas and one of the best in the country. Get online and look for the local clubs. Mr. Gordon is one of the leaders. Heck, just drop by Disc Nation and you're likely to get all the info you need.

Good discing

I'm not gonna say anything except that Austin is the hotbed of disc golf in Texas and one of the best in the country. Get online and look for the local clubs. Mr. Gordon is one of the leaders. Heck, just drop by Disc Nation and you're likely to get all the info you need.

Good discing

Thank you

That was the store I visited to even buy my first set of discs. They gave me a map of local courses but no input as far as beginner friendly.

The Flying Armadillo is a short hop south of you in San Marcos and has two beginner friendly courses. One is a super short putt-putt type course that's perfect to get started on. The full size course has 3 different tee pads (red for beginners, white for intermediate players, and blue for advanced) to accommodate players of all skill levels. There's also a pro shop onsite if you need plastic or gear.

I'm new to Austin, Tx and new to Disc golf any recommendations on good beginning courses near Austin? Thanks

I'm a beginner as well and have played in Kyle mostly. Steeplechase Park. I have also played at the Flying Armadillo and at Mary Seamoore Park off Slaughter. If you need company let me know I'm always up to having a friend to play with. Mostly play solo or with my youngest daughter.

Zilker Zilker Zilker Zilker. Still the one I play for fun. You can see most of the pins from the tee and it's not all tunnels, but still works out a lot of shots. The way it's laid out you can skip around to holes if you wanna play a few over and over, or skip slow groups, etc. Nice and compact but still tons of fun to throw even if you're amazingly skilled like me.

Live Oak brewery is also very beginner friendly like Zilker. Probably the next best thing when Zilker is packed in the spring/summer. We(MINT Discs) also host a putting league every Wednesday night there so its a good chance to meet some more disc golfer and we have beginner friendly divisions to help get people started.

There are no reviews of the live oak course, you should post one. I was actually thinking about playing it when i'm in town in a couple weeks. what hours does the course keep?
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=9572

Live Oak brewery is also very beginner friendly like Zilker. Probably the next best thing when Zilker is packed in the spring/summer. We(MINT Discs) also host a putting league every Wednesday night there so its a good chance to meet some more disc golfer and we have beginner friendly divisions to help get people started.