• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Average Drive of DGCR throwers

Huckfreely

Since I started posting at DGCR my distance has improved from about 360-380 ft on a good day about 450-500 easy with no wind.
Any one else experience this exaggeration?

Headwind.. 900 feet.. you dont even wanna KNOW in a tail wind son. <--- totally legit /nod

I got started on here after playing for 1 month. So I have gone from 200ft to 360ft :) I have plateaued over the last year.

There is a very good thread on DGR re: Stuck at 300?, which is linked in the Technique forum's sticky. I tend to think that the average real-world drive for most folks is 300, +/- about 25 feet, and those on DGCR, being those who are arguably very engaged with the sport, naturally would drive slightly, but not drastically, longer, and likely have more folks with big arms, perhaps 400+.

Me? Average drive is 275ish feet, no exaggeration.

Last edited:
:cool:uh, if we are do internet feet: then I have been throwing 400-450' regularly.
if we are doing reality, my average flat level ground throw is about 275-345 depending on wind and how much power I try to put behind the disc, max I believe was at around 350' but internet max I think I would put it at around 487' to make it believable.:gross::hfive:

Honestly though. I dont know.. so many variables and i dont step off my throws so i really dont pay attention. Some days i have a missile arms. Other days i have a noodle.

I havent had a big jump in distance lately like most people have had, more like a steady climb over the past few years. I'd say gaining 50-75 feet a year but I've finally ended up toying with the '500 mark, but havent been able to hit it yet. so i guess i didnt answer your question because i am probably not your average dgcr member. However you can all putt better than me probably lol...

There is a very good thread on DGR re: Stuck at 300?, which is linked in the Technique forum's sticky. I tend to think that the average real-world drive for most folks is 300, +/- about 25 feet, and those on DGCR, being those who are arguably very engaged with the sport, naturally would drive slightly, but not drastically, longer, and likely have more folks with big arms, perhaps 400+.

Me? Average drive is 275ish feet, no exaggeration.

That's about where i am as well.

at my home couse, I took a gps distance app and found that most holes were 50-100' off of the listed fee at the tee. is there a certain way you are suppose to measure feet? because hole 1 the backside course I believe says something like 265' and its 300' on gps, and its always within five feet on gps as I have measured multiple times to guage the accuracy. anyone care to enlighten us here?

I don't know, I'm still waiting for one of my drives to land so I can measure it.