• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Discs Distance Drivers

I'm pumped about the Fireball if for no other reason than I can wear one of my Street Fighter shirts and make some corny hadouken jokes :D

Some people prefer Axiom's wild colors, other dig the MVP look more.

Also none of the comparable molds are exactly the same. Proxy and Anode fly pretty similar but feel very different. Crave is straighter than the Servo, Clash is less OS than the Resistor, Alias is a touch shorter and beefier than the Axis etc. Slightly different flights, different feel in the hand and so on.

I'd imagine these will follow those trends. Just look at how the fairway drivers don't overlap.

I get that but it seems like a better time to push forward with higher speed discs. Having so many similar discs in the same category with nothing faster seems like it might turn new customers away. It's a lot to sort through...

Some people prefer Axiom's wild colors, other dig the MVP look more.

Also none of the comparable molds are exactly the same. Proxy and Anode fly pretty similar but feel very different. Crave is straighter than the Servo, Clash is less OS than the Resistor, Alias is a touch shorter and beefier than the Axis etc. Slightly different flights, different feel in the hand and so on.

I'd imagine these will follow those trends. Just look at how the fairway drivers don't overlap.

Exactly this. It's what every disc golf manufacturer does.

I get that but it seems like a better time to push forward with higher speed discs. Having so many similar discs in the same category with nothing faster seems like it might turn new customers away. It's a lot to sort through...

Maybe they feel they need to tweak more with this class before feeling comfortable with moving higher. Or maybe they're just having fun and like pretty colors. It'll be interesting to see what kind of pace they pump these out at, and how they sell. It'll likely dictate if they continue to flood the market so quickly or slow things down a bit.

psh have you seen the 17mm overmold lineup?

resistor, clash, servo, crave, switch, and inspire. all of them could be replaced with a VOLT YO.

I think Virus is a funny name for a driver. If you catch it, it won't be good for you!

They need to make one of these discs more understable than the Impulse.

yeah that I can see along with a motion which turns. I see a spot between the tesla and inertia too once an intertia starts to season they really like to turn but don't know about the other 1. . .

Fun time to throw MVP/Axiom for sure. 2015 should be cool.

what do you mean? any new volt starts out a little OS (nothing like a FB) more CPD or Champ TB--only volts which had turn were the sub 170g early runs and a slight dome. A seasoned volt is where its at though. I don't like a brand new one all that much with teslas in the bag. It does make for a good disc to cycle even though I have yet to beat a current one to actually understable.

This seriously needs to stop. I am gonna go broke buy spring. But, I will have a beautiful bag. Lmao. Seriously happy about this, but I as well am anticipating speed 12 drivers. Right now I am happy with what they have. I guess its time to start moving some of my Innova so my wife doesn't kill me when the MVP/Axiom starts rolling in the door. Lmao.

Latest posts