• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Discs Distance Drivers

I thought they were developing "complementary" models? which are "gap fillers" in other words.

Pretty sure that was from the Q&A.

Of course, there is one and it's called the Volt

LOL. this seriously was the thought in my head reading your first post.

Echoing the interest about something in between the Tesla and Inertia. With four forthcoming molds, I wonder if even two of them might fit between those two discs. I think there's the space for it. Maybe a longer Switch, with Inertia-like turn and Tesla-like fade, and a longer Crave, with Tesla-like HSS and Intertia-like LSS.

Also echoing the disappointment over the lack of max speeds, though I'm not surprised to see more of this class first.

If they could make the Volt in weights lower than 170 then I would be on board. Holding out hope they can drop 'em down one day, but other drivers seem to be the priority.

Yeah, that's a fair point. I'd love to be able to get Volts @ about 168. I think the venom is, they can't get the Volt class much below 170 because of the amount of mass that has to go into the cores.

I might be interested in a tesla/inertia tweener disc but as others have stated above the volt does fill that spot. Hopefully MVP is working on some 12ish speed drivers to release alongside these. It would be nice to have 12ish speed inertia/tesla type discs b4 bowling green ams.

I do think another 4 10 speed drivers is a bit much. I could definitely see something between the Motion and Tesla and (as everyone else has said) between the Tesla and Inertia. For myself at least, I just don't see the need for anything else in that speed class, but maybe others will disagree.

Axiom is actually owned and operated by MVP right? I mean on their website, it says "by MVP Disc Sports" so I'm assuming they are not just having their discs manufactured by MVP; they are part of MVP, correct? Which means, I think, that they are looking to fill gaps or create discs complementary to those in MVP's lineup, not just create their own full lineup. Of course, if the color choices get popular enough, maybe MVP will just move all their regular lineup to the Axiom brand...

Yeah, that's a fair point. I'd love to be able to get Volts @ about 168. I think the venom is, they can't get the Volt class much below 170 because of the amount of mass that has to go into the cores.

There were tons of Volts below 170 in the early runs. I know because I have a ****load of them in my garage.

There were tons of Volts below 170 in the early runs. I know because I have a ****load of them in my garage.

Yeah, I was more thinking I'd like to be able to see how one of the 'new' HS stable Volts flies in the mid 160's. 7-10 g of wt seems to make some slight difference in flight in some discs. If there are any I haven't really seen them out there.

The "guess your weight" carnie challenges above notwithstanding.

Last edited:
If you want to bridge the gap between Teslas and Inertias, grab a 163-166 Tesla. They fit that role perfectly!

both start in an a and end is a s is the only resemblance, compared to wraith and wrath

but the axis is by far superior to the atlas

Both are pretty straight mids with pretty similar names, not to mention the overmold. Dave Dunipace had previously stated they didn't see any reason to use overmolds, then MVP got popular. I thought it was amusing, lots of little coincidences IMO.

If you want to bridge the gap between Teslas and Inertias, grab a 163-166 Tesla. They fit that role perfectly!

Both are pretty straight mids with pretty similar names, not to mention the overmold. Dave Dunipace had previously stated they didn't see any reason to use overmolds, then MVP got popular. I thought it was amusing, lots of little coincidences IMO.

yeah innova jumped ship pretty quick

I'm hoping these are more in line with Volt speeds and not Tesla speeds. Aren't the Volt and Amp also 20mm, just with blunter noses to give them a slightly slower speed? There's only 2 discs there, 4 more could compliment them nicely.

I have wanted Axiom to release a disc called the Wrath ever since the Envy was announced. Insanity is a bit much though, and Fireball and Virus.... IDK about those at all.

8 drivers of the same "speed"? I don't get it. OTOH, if there is one between Inertia and Tesla, it will be bought.

looking at the wing designs from the teaser video, the fireball looks like an elongated Clash, which would put the Wrath closer to a faster Crave? That would be something between a Tesla and Inertia I suppose. The Insanity is the one that looks the most confusing. The wing design doesn't look that understable, which a name like Insanity is just asking for.