• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

Just bought a 175 Proton Envy from Marshall Street. I've definitely loved Challengers in the past. Is this Envy gonna make me ditch my challys?

Just got my first pair of Envy's a couple days ago. Got an awesome color shift blue Plasma, along with a Proton. Absolutely love the disc, such a great driving putter. Have it paired with a soft neutron Proxy, and an ESP Zone in the bag. With this trio I have all shots covered that I will ever need.

When I first got my Proxy, I wasn't sure if I'd ever find another putter that I'd like to throw more, but the envy just may be it. Before I got my envy, the Zone was the only putter that I'd use for short flicks. So I always had trouble flicking short straight shots. But the envy kills it with that shot.

I keep playing the shorter tees at my local course just so I can throw my new putters off the tee more lol.

FYI, I putt with Electron Ions.

So after some suggestions from the good gyronauts of DGCR I traded for an Evny. The idea was that it would be a durable driving putter to pair with my more fragile, but beloved Atoms.

It has so far not been anything but amazing.

I've set up in my and my neighbors yard 4 holes from 180-220 feet. Basic territory that I would want this type of disc and unless I needed a very over stable flight it was perfect.

I'm going to keep the Harp since the LSS is more in evidence but am very impressed with te HSS of the Envy is downright impressive.

I can't get over how odd the flight is. It's kind of fast, but floaty. Pretty straight but dependable. The only other disc I have that is similar is the Yikun Claws and I'm not a fan of using lids on the course.

I think this Neutron Soft Envy just made my bag.

I think this Neutron Soft Envy just made my bag.

Are you FHing it? I'm just curious, I have mixed results with trying to flick longer approaches with a soft. It's my unclean form, I'm sure, but longer ones I do better with a firm.

Word on the street is that the soft envy is actually a little more OS than the other plastic types....

Mileage may vary on this. The way it seems to me (and I bag firm and soft Ns in all situations) is that the soft has some decreased glide compared to the firms. So it tends to start the fade earlier.

I notice the difference more in shots @ like 200-250 maybe. On (my) 'full power' shots both have minimal, manageable fade, and on shorter approaches, both have pretty dependable fade.

Curious as well on an stability differences plastic to plastic.

I originally had a Soft and Hard N, the hard N rolled away I got a call but then the guy never dropped it off and I lost his number. I can only think he threw it a few times and didn't want to get it back to me.

I was starting to feel like the soft was starting to lose some OS-ness as I was going long on some holes I really needed the fade at the end. I was thinking of getting another anyway when that one disappeared on me. It was by far my most thrown disc. So I got two more.
Now have a hard N and Plasma and out of the box I don't see much difference in their flights. Hard to compare with the one I lost as i've just had another jump in form correction and can't tell if it is true the hard N has more glide than soft or if i'm throwing better. The way my Proxy is flying I think it is more my throws than the disc.

Doesn't matter plastic really at all. Some have very slight dome vs flat being the biggest difference. The tiny domed up ones tend to be a little more LSS.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter plastic really at all. Some have very slight dome vs flat being the biggest difference. The tiny domed up ones tend to be a little more LSS.

Agreed. The difference I was talking about between firm and soft N is small, only noticeable on some shots. Not anything like different enough to, say, rate it with different Innova-style numbers.

good point. also FWIW the slight dome does eventually seem to flatten a little. I remember my old watermelon someone else is now throwing which was slightly domed but over time sunk a little like you see with ions/anodes but not nearly as drastic of a puddle top.

I was pouring water on one of my old ions the other day, lulz. held quite a bit!

Are you FHing it? I'm just curious, I have mixed results with trying to flick longer approaches with a soft. It's my unclean form, I'm sure, but longer ones I do better with a firm.

Yes I've doing FH and BH. BH it's been fading a bit with a flat shot but only when it's going very slowly.

FH I've been hyzerflipping it and it sits up goes very straight and then fades very slightly.

I use BT soft harps so the softer plastic is fine by me.

The envy/proxy combo is slowly working it's way into my bag.

Problem is, they take shots away from my mids and now I'm rethinking that setup.

Plus I still need to have a small bead Aviar because I've always had one.

Trying to get rid of overlap and simplify my bag, but the new addition makes that difficult.

The envy/proxy combo is slowly working it's way into my bag.

Problem is, they take shots away from my mids and now I'm rethinking that setup.

Plus I still need to have a small bead Aviar because I've always had one.

Trying to get rid of overlap and simplify my bag, but the new addition makes that difficult.

Yup, Envy/Proxy is the money combo for upshots and short drives and they fly almost as far as mids so it leaves a fairly narrow gap for mids meaning less shots for true mids.

I love the minimalist set-up, but I sure could have used an Envy today. The Ion is not quite stable enough for certain lines.

axiom is the champion plastic version? if so, these won't be coming out until it gets real warm. right now the plasma is working great. go plasma envy.

I love the minimalist set-up, but I sure could have used an Envy today. The Ion is not quite stable enough for certain lines.

I noticed this recently too, but with my Discraft molds. Boy did I miss my Zone. Why are overstable putters so awesome, when overstable mids seem to be disappearing from my bag? Yeah, I know, there was some thread about that...

Latest posts