• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

Not really looking for a debate but I am going to have to disagree with you on a couple of things.

I wouldn't consider the eclipse to be on the beefier side. Admittedly I only own a couple of them but they are just middle of the road Envy's.

Also, the soft neutron (again I only have a few of them) are some of the more high speed stable Envy's I own.

Honestly I completely agree with you.

Some people seem to think that the eclipse is stable but I found it fairly neutral and workable and I also thought that with it getting dark so soon it's not a bad disc to have in the bag. I find the soft neutrons a little bit less high speed stable but they are plenty low speed stable they seem to hook up fairly nicely

I just find the softs to be a little bit different from the other envies and if his son is throwing with a little bit of off-axis torque it may not be the best choice. But again I completely agree with you I have no problems with my soft Neutron

Pretty much any premium Envy will work and a clean throw with an electron one is still plenty stable and straight

There are touring pros with 500+ feet of power who throw Envy's in base and premium

Yeah of course. Just looking for something without too much turn because he already has an understable putter.

Some people seem to think that the eclipse is stable but I found it fairly neutral and workable and I also thought that with it getting dark so soon it's not a bad disc to have in the bag. I find the soft neutrons a little bit less high speed stable but they are plenty low speed stable they seem to hook up fairly nicely

I just find the softs to be a little bit different from the other envies and if his son is throwing with a little bit of off-axis torque it may not be the best choice. But again I completely agree with you I have no problems with my soft Neutron

Pretty much any premium Envy will work and a clean throw with an electron one is still plenty stable and straight

Tempted by the soft neutron, since it's pretty cold these days. He likely has some torque, but nothing extreme. Thanks for the advice!

Just got my newest electron soft beat in, got 3 birdies and a near ace today.

Thanks to Black Friday I managed to order myself some more backup Envy's. Four of them. Grand total well under $25. I could have saved a little more and bought the Conrad Worlds special editions for $4.99 but I prefer my Envy's to be pink so I paid an extra dollar a disc to get the color I wanted.

I think they had Nomads for under $4 as well.

At discgolfcenter.com

Haha between the JC holy shot envy and the extra nomads I'm sure that's why MVP let dealers sell for below MSRP this weekend, that email makes soooo much sense now. :D

Aced a little 200' hole during a casual round with my wife this morning. I'm a RHBH guy and there is a ditch full of trees tight on the right side of the fairway. I had no choice but to just throw an Envy straight at it.

I picked up my first Electron Envy the other day. This one is stamped Signature Series Team MVP James Conrad, with no mention of Axiom. Not sure if thats the stock stamp these days. I've only thrown it twice, but so far it seems less stable than even my most beat up Neutron. It hyzer flipped right out of the box, flew straight and landed flat. The glide was pretty decent. This flies more like a Proxy than what I consider Envy flight

Electron Envy's are the best. I like them for that almost laser straight flight. They are also great for turnovers once they get a wee bit of wear on them. If I want something with more beef that's what things like Zones and Harps are for.

what is the closest disc to an envy without an overmold

Why would anyone want an Envy without an Overmold?

And, there really isn't anything like the Envy. It's too perfect of a disc and nothing comes close to it.

Hi Envy experts, looking to buy my son a good driving putter and thought the Envy was the obvious choice. But I don't know anything about them in various plastics. For reference he throws Destroyers 400' and will want to put full power into these.

I throw the same distance...the thing is that if you want to put "full power" into them...it's going to have to be on hyzer because it's a putter...so you can go with any envy with that line of thinking.

Some of it is going to depend on how wooded shots are...for example I wouldn't grab an electron envy in a heavily wooded area where it's going to hit a lot of trees...unless I wanted to cycle it to an understable putter. In an open area though, I love throwing an electron envy, mostly because of feel.

In my experience bagging usually 2-4 envies at a time...electron is straight with a soft finish back at the end...glow eclipse 2.0 is the most stable and handles higher power without flipping over as much. Kind of just depends on what kind of plastic he likes the feel of and how likely it is to get beaten in.

what is the closest disc to an envy without an overmold

As far as the flight, a Prodigy PX-3 is close.

It doesn't feel the same in the hand though. Although it's flat like an Envy it is deeper and has a big bead.

The Streamline Pilot would probably work but has more glide and also is deeper and doesn't feel anything like an Envy.

I don't think the Eclipse is a meat hook or anything, but on the variability of Envies what would you say is more OS than an eclipse plastic envy? I don't really love the eclipse plastic feel...but I haven't been able to find any plastic more OS than that in an envy and I've pretty much tried them all. I'm open to going back and re-trying some of the plastics though (to this point I haven't bothered because it has seemed to be a near-universal recommendation that the eclipse is the beefiest of the envies).

I don't think the Eclipse is a meat hook or anything, but on the variability of Envies what would you say is more OS than an eclipse plastic envy? I don't really love the eclipse plastic feel...but I haven't been able to find any plastic more OS than that in an envy and I've pretty much tried them all. I'm open to going back and re-trying some of the plastics though (to this point I haven't bothered because it has seemed to be a near-universal recommendation that the eclipse is the beefiest of the envies).

So, since moving production in-house, MVP's production has been all over the place. My Eclipse 2.0 Envies are my least stable of anything new. Prism Plasma has been the most stable of the new runs so far. That doesn't mean that will always be the case though. MVP might do a new run of Prism Plasma that come out less stable. But, for now, if you want the most stable, the general consensus is the current run of Prism Plasma is what you want.

When I was researching, alot of people said the Neutron Soft Envy was the most OS, so that's what I bought.

While it's a nice throwing putter, it's really not as OS as I expected. FWIW... I also haven't found it to be as crazy long as most say.

Having said that...

I recently picked up a Cosmic Neutron Stabilizer. THAT disc is what I wanted my Envy to be. It's reliably (but not crazy) OS, has excellent glide for its stability, is flat, and the plastic feels great. I can throw it as far as my Envy, and I can trust that it's not going to flip into mild headwind. It does feel a tad deeper than my Envy, but I don't notice it, even on touch forehand shots.

I'm >this close< to buying a Cosmic Neutron Pilot to see if it can replace either or both of my VIP Maiden & Neutron Soft Envy.

Last edited:
Does anyone else have a soft neutron Envy with ripples in the plastic?

Mine has raised ripples on the flight plate.

Never seen this before on any other plastic.

So, since moving production in-house, MVP's production has been all over the place. . . .

Unfortunately this has been my experience, too. Which is a shame because consistency had been one of MVP's strongest selling points (at least for the discs I throw).

I hope they can get back to their previous level of consistency between runs.

On topic, Envies are great throwing putters. I prefer Soft Electron - the DX Teebird of putters - and don't mind tossing them in the woods. If I ever get one sufficiently beat up it could replace the Soft Proxy for putting and understable drives.

But that hasn't happened yet.

Even beat-up Electron Envies seem to retain a fair amount of high-speed stability while losing their finishing fade. Like I said, the DX Teebird of putters (meant as a strong compliment).

Latest posts