• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

I don't think the Eclipse is a meat hook or anything, but on the variability of Envies what would you say is more OS than an eclipse plastic envy? I don't really love the eclipse plastic feel...but I haven't been able to find any plastic more OS than that in an envy and I've pretty much tried them all. I'm open to going back and re-trying some of the plastics though (to this point I haven't bothered because it has seemed to be a near-universal recommendation that the eclipse is the beefiest of the envies).

I would say that a plasma is probably the most stable out of the box meaning that it is fairly resistant to turn and it always Stables out. Unfortunately I have not tried any of the new runs. most of the ones that I am throwing are the old patent pendings but even after 6 or 7 years they still maintain a reliable hookup they've taken forever to break into straight on the front end. Like two out of my eight are neutral in terms of high speed stability and those the ones that I have dubbed my yard envies.

I would also guess that standard Neutron is fairly close. I think that the soft Neutron exhibits a little bit more high-speed turn but tends to have a little bit more low speed fade than a normal Neutron. Standard Neutron seems to break into the straightest ride after about a year

I only have one SE prism plasma envy that I'm throwing and I have found it to be one of the least high-speed stable envy that I own but it is reliable to hook up and fade and makes a good putter because it feels a little bit more broken in its flight I turned it over a couple of times off the Hop and it doesn't necessarily fly like any of my other envies it is too easy to turn over

I can't really comment on proton all of mine are first runs and if I'm going to buy something like proton I'm just going to buy an eclipse one

Even beat-up Electron Envies seem to retain a fair amount of high-speed stability while losing their finishing fade. Like I said, the DX Teebird of putters (meant as a strong compliment).

100% agree. I have a first run Electron Envy that is finally beat in to be actually understable, but my newish Electron Envy is my second most stable Envy and it's got several gashes in the rim after playing a fairly rocky course with it.

I don't think the Eclipse is a meat hook or anything, but on the variability of Envies what would you say is more OS than an eclipse plastic envy? I don't really love the eclipse plastic feel...but I haven't been able to find any plastic more OS than that in an envy and I've pretty much tried them all. I'm open to going back and re-trying some of the plastics though (to this point I haven't bothered because it has seemed to be a near-universal recommendation that the eclipse is the beefiest of the envies).

Anyone looking for "the beefiest Envy" should just pick up an Entropy and call it a day.

I'm still waiting for them to run some more in the electron plastic and I'll probably cycle them and just ditch the Envy altogether.

Why would anyone want an Envy without an Overmold?

And, there really isn't anything like the Envy. It's too perfect of a disc and nothing comes close to it.

The Discmania Sensei is darn close.

And regarding flight, a neutron envy should fly pretty dead straight up to 100% of clean power. Of course I am at 5000'+ but if you can throw a teebird or similar disc straight 400+ the envy should still be going straight.

Anyone looking for "the beefiest Envy" should just pick up an Entropy and call it a day.

I'm still waiting for them to run some more in the electron plastic and I'll probably cycle them...

That looks better! Haha.. I niced it when I only read this far....

The entropy is the OS envy, I would also like to get my hands on some electrons and see what happens.

I have a plasma 174 Entropy coming as an L2 trade, excited to try that, I've been using my 168 se neutron in the last couple winters as a wind putter, it's pretty much a seamless transition other than it drops a bit faster, I hit a lotta cage until I dial it in.

Most of the premium envy are pretty much the same stability, couple little nuances but fairly consistent and all roughly the same amount of HSS, except prism, those are weird!

Kinda tempted to buy some more to try the "new" less stable runs if that's the case. I've also found the heavy ones seem to have less fade than my 167 PP plasma's, I just assumed it was one of those gyro lighter weight is weirdly stable problems.

Been a while since I bagged a breaker but I seem to recall them being a bit more overstable than any Envy I've thrown.

I've only thrown one, it's a very rigid plastic, and it has a Trevor Harbolt (sp?) stamp. It reminded me the most of an Envy in terms of rim and the flight characteristics.

Idk...seems like a YMMV situation, and I haven't thrown any other Breakers.

BREAKER

Diameter: 21.0cm
Height: 1.7cm
Rim Depth: 1.2cm
Rim Thickness: 1.0cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 19.0cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 5.7%
Rim Configuration: 62.00
Flexibility: 12.02kg

ENVY
Diameter: 21.0cm
Height: 1.8cm
Rim Depth: 1.4cm
Rim Thickness: 1.1cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 18.8cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 6.7%
Rim Configuration: 52.00
Flexibility: 8.73kg

picture.php

Snagged this.... Proto glow from gyropalooza box with a sweet teal rim. We have a thrower folks! :D oh ya!

Kinda a it's going to cheap it's worth $30 I'll bump kinda I'm on my way to bed Sorta bid :D :D funny enough I sold him a photon for $15 last week.. So $15 Envy

Last edited:
picture.php

Snagged this.... Proto glow from gyropalooza box with a sweet teal rim. We have a thrower folks! :D oh ya!

Kinda a it's going to cheap it's worth $30 I'll bump kinda I'm on my way to bed Sorta bid :D :D funny enough I sold him a photon for $15 last week.. So $15 Envy

My first thought was the Jon Lovitz "Jealous?"

This is good too once my eyes reset and resolved the image.

I'm interested in trying an Envy as a driving putter. I don't have any Axiom/MVP...can anyone tell me what a good pairing would be for the most overstable and most understable in terms of plastics?

Or does it make sense to pair it with a more understable mold?

I use the electron firm Envy as a straight to slightly understable putter. It pairs well with a Zone/Harp type of disc.

Some day when the Entropy is more readily available in electron plastic I'll happily pair it with my Envy.

I use the electron firm Envy as a straight to slightly understable putter. It pairs well with a Zone/Harp type of disc.

Some day when the Entropy is more readily available in electron plastic I'll happily pair it with my Envy.

Thanks. So, do you throw a premium plastic envy?

I'm thinking of paring a premium and Electron Envy with my Soft Exo Tactic and Razor Claw 2. Switching from some old P2's and P1x's for the shallower feel.

I the only 1 here that is finding my Medium & Firm Envys get more glide and US than my Softs? My Soft seem the just warp and fly straighter. My beat in Firmer Envys will develop drift.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Thanks. So, do you throw a premium plastic envy?

I'm thinking of paring a premium and Electron Envy with my Soft Exo Tactic and Razor Claw 2. Switching from some old P2's and P1x's for the shallower feel.

I have Envy's in all of the plastics but haven't bagged a premium plastic one in a while. The gap between my electron Envy and my Zone just isn't a spot that I need to fill. I can pretty much cover any shot with 250' with the Envy/Zone combo. I can honestly push the Envy out to around 280' comfortably but lately I've been just relegating anything over 260' to a midrange. Old age and medical issues are beginning to evolve my game for me.

I have Envy's in all of the plastics but haven't bagged a premium plastic one in a while. The gap between my electron Envy and my Zone just isn't a spot that I need to fill. I can pretty much cover any shot with 250' with the Envy/Zone combo. I can honestly push the Envy out to around 280' comfortably but lately I've been just relegating anything over 260' to a midrange. Old age and medical issues are beginning to evolve my game for me.

That seems simple enough, and smart. I might try to pick up an Electron and see what I think.

Do people putt with these too? Or are they a bit too fast?