• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

It's all so subjective too. And it's also always about the run and about the individual mold. I have a Med Electron from about a year ago that is really stable, more than most of my premium Envies, and it's got some chunks out of it at this point. It's also much firmer than the old Med E was. My old Med E is really beat and US, and my old Soft E is beat but still moderately stable. Sits between the two others. But those are mine, and from the specific runs mine came from. YMMV.

What I'd really like is a premium plastic Envy that has the glide/length of the Electrons. (My Soft Neutron has noticeably less glide than my Electron.)

What I'd really like is a premium plastic Envy that has the glide/length of the Electrons. (My Soft Neutron has noticeably less glide than my Electron.)

Fission is what you want. Though it's slick, so it also feels eh. But you can wipe it with some acetone to scuff it up and give it some tack.

Fission is what you want. Though it's slick, so it also feels eh. But you can wipe it with some acetone to scuff it up and give it some tack.

Dude really?

I've only thrown a 155 fission envy and it is the most stable one I've ever owned.

Dude really?

I've only thrown a 155 fission envy and it is the most stable one I've ever owned.

The ask was for length/glide. My 154g Fission absolutely bombs. I can't speak to stability, because some electrons are just as stable as the Fissions, and some are neutral. Who knows what OP's Electron is like. They just asked for longer with more glide, so, in short, YES REALLY.

The ask was for length/glide. My 154g Fission absolutely bombs. I can't speak to stability, because some electrons are just as stable as the Fissions, and some are neutral. Who knows what OP's Electron is like. They just asked for longer with more glide, so, in short, YES REALLY.

Crazy man, I didn't know if it was a lightweight thing or what but I expected electron level stability.... My one and only is borderline entropy, maybe it just needs a dozen more rounds on it. Not my favourite envy.

Come to think of it I get longest straight lines from a premium proto glow envy from the gyro box. Good glide on the one I'm throwing, freakishly straight maybe a little turn.

Have you tried a Neutron Proxy? They fly really similar to Electron Envies IMO

I have not. I have an Eclipse 2.0 Proxy. It flies nice. Pretty similar to my Electron Envy, actually. It gets similar distance (and has similar glide) to my Soft Neutron Envy, though.

I'll have to feel one up. Are they deeper than the Envy? (I prefer shallower discs.)

If they are it's not by much. I find them closest to seasoned premium envy, just straight and intuitive with a lot of glide. Only in neutron plastic so far. I like that the inner rim is totally square. I think proxy's are decent but not for me, they feel weird... the hand feel is almost the same with the ohm.

If they are it's not by much. I find them closest to seasoned premium envy, just straight and intuitive with a lot of glide. Only in neutron plastic so far. I like that the inner rim is totally square. I think proxy's are decent but not for me, they feel weird... the hand feel is almost the same with the ohm.

To be clear... You're saying the hand feel of the Envy & Ohm are almost the same, correct?

To be clear... You're saying the hand feel of the Envy & Ohm are almost the same, correct?

Yes.. Ish.. Id say entropy then atom then ohm but check it out feel wise. I find it feels more envy than a proxy. The flight is great, like a broken in plasma envy. Great turn resistance but turnable with low fade and good glide. Someone called it a stable glitch.

Last edited:
I'll have to feel one up. Are they deeper than the Envy? (I prefer shallower discs.)

picture.php

picture.php

From this less than scientific photo actually looks like my flat top se ohm (on the left) is shorter than a pp plasma envy. It does feel a touch wider though.

I will echo Neutron or Neutron Soft Proxy is the premium that flys like base envy. I currently have plenty of broken in electron envys so I am not bagging a fresh one right now. Neutron Soft proxy is 80% of my putter drives. rarely throwing my Neutron or beat Electron envys.

I will echo Neutron or Neutron Soft Proxy is the premium that flys like base envy.

Interesting. Do you (or anyone else) know how an Eclipse Glow Proxy flies, compared with Neutron or Soft Neutron Proxy?

Currently throwing a seasoned Electron Envy for my straight approach putter.

I only have thrown my eclipse at night, sometimes with an LED taped to it (local snow rules). I would say my eclipse 2.0 are a touch less stable, or at least require less power than my neutron (1 sparkly one) or my neutron soft (known for being a touch more stable than other proxy).

The Eclipse was my only throwing putter, and covered almost all putting and midrange shots for my glow season. I could trust it more to not pull out of gentle annys than my others. I plan to field test it sometime soon against my Neutron/Neutron softs. It may be closer to what I need for a more minimal throwing putter lineup.

I currently still carry a seasoned electron envy for straighter low powered or finishing right higher powered putter throws. I actually disc down to a serpent or wizard for shorter approaches, cause I still do not love powering down envy/proxy, though the
Beat Electron does well. Glow proxy did well enough for glow.

Interesting. Do you (or anyone else) know how an Eclipse Glow Proxy flies, compared with Neutron or Soft Neutron Proxy?

Currently throwing a seasoned Electron Envy for my straight approach putter.

They're all different, unfortunately. I had one that was pretty domey and more stable than most of my Envies, but then I've also heard of people with flat Eclipse Proxies that are pretty understable.