• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

*starts another are cubby aces legit thread* :p

I still need an Ion ace let alone the envy :| had 2 shots blow up the chains in the past year but not stick.

*&^#$*@! overmolds.

*starts another are cubby aces legit thread* :p

I still need an Ion ace let alone the envy :| had 2 shots blow up the chains in the past year but not stick.

*&^#$*@! overmolds.

Haha seriously. I've been throwing Ions for three years, and I've hit chains and skipped off the tops of baskets and banged many a front rim, but I've yet to have one stick for the ace.

I have plenty of field aces with Ions though, two of them over 250'. Just waiting for that ace off the tee. It will happen!

I've been throwing mine a lot lately. In fact I just put one of the neutron testers back in my bag to compare against the proton I've been using since those came out.

164 Soft N's - These are getting seasoned finally, and are flying real nice. More glide on a putt than the heavies and a later fade. Still holding up to wind just fine off the tee, going very straight with a tiny, late fade thrown flat, holding a hyzer without flipping to flat thrown hyzer but they hang in the air more than the heavies.

175 Proton - Nice and stable still, I hadn't noticed it getting any straighter over the past month or so. Flattest top of all my Envy's, which I love for flicks. This has been an extremely consistent driving putter for me and I'm very happy with it. Great for short controlled drives, headwind or calm, doesn't matter.

175 Neutron - Less wear than the Proton, noticed it had a little extra bite to its fade. HSS on the heavies felt the same, but I do think I've managed to kill a tiny bit of the LSS of the proton. Not much at all, just enough to notice the Neutron fading a touch more aggressively.

I haven't noticed any stability differences between plastics, and when it comes to weights it seems the lighter ones fade later but don't really turn. I can still crank my 165's full power and they hold straight. I do think the Protons come out just a touch flatter on the shoulder, which makes them a bit comfier to grip.

I guess I can go a head and confirm this then. I've been talking with them about getting these to production since they sent me the pair of 165's I putt with. My Soft Neutron Envy's are my favorite disc in my bag.

rough guess on a date?

I'm about to order a few but I would rather wait for soft.

No word at the moment, it's not something they have immediate plans for AFAIK, just something they intend to do at some point. I'd go a head and order one or two to try out in the mean time.

Hopefully its soon for the sake of people that like putting with softs like I do. I've gotten them dialed in nicely on putts and they're performing very well.

thanks for the heads up

I only like using soft ions, but maybe the regular envy will be cool.

I My Soft Neutron Envy's are my favorite disc in my bag.

it's not something they have immediate plans for AFAIK, just something they intend to do at some point. I'd go a head and order one or two to try out in the mean time.

Hopefully its soon for the sake of people that like putting with softs like I do. I've gotten them dialed in nicely on putts and they're performing very well.

Maybe it's time for DGCR to start a campaign for Soft Neutron Envies.

I have bugged Brad now for a good year. Luckily have more than enough soft ions to last even if they never made soft N but its truly great plastic. So durable too!

I have a question for you guys.
I just got en Envy as my stable to overstable appoach putter. My plan was to use it as a bh hyzer approach/drive type of disc, especially when it's windy. I usually use wizards, but they break in quickly and I sometime need a little more fade. It's replacing my VP (although they don't compare that much).
Anyhow, I noticed that the fh grip on the envy was very confortable, also zone-like, and that got me thinking... I use an esp zone for forehand approach, and sometime for short, touchy, in the wind, bh approach. I love it for forehand, but I hate the skip for my short bh approaches (100 feet and less). I was thinking of trying a pro d zone thinking it would probably skip less, but maybe the envy could work similarly?
What is your experience with the envy on small bh approaches, does it has a tendency to skip a little? A lot?
In general, would you consider the envy a suitable replacement for a pro d zone in regard to what i intend to do with it?

Considering the pro d zone will probably break in fast and become less overstable, my guess is that it will ressemble the envy.

I have a question for you guys.
I just got en Envy as my stable to overstable appoach putter. My plan was to use it as a bh hyzer approach/drive type of disc, especially when it's windy. I usually use wizards, but they break in quickly and I sometime need a little more fade. It's replacing my VP (although they don't compare that much).
Anyhow, I noticed that the fh grip on the envy was very confortable, also zone-like, and that got me thinking... I use an esp zone for forehand approach, and sometime for short, touchy, in the wind, bh approach. I love it for forehand, but I hate the skip for my short bh approaches (100 feet and less). I was thinking of trying a pro d zone thinking it would probably skip less, but maybe the envy could work similarly?
What is your experience with the envy on small bh approaches, does it has a tendency to skip a little? A lot?
In general, would you consider the envy a suitable replacement for a pro d zone in regard to what i intend to do with it?

Considering the pro d zone will probably break in fast and become less overstable, my guess is that it will ressemble the envy.

I've got some experience with D Zones and a P Envy. I'd say that you could easily go with the Envy over a broken in Zone. In my experience, the broken in Zone is just as glideless and HSS as a regular Zone, but it loses its LSS and just goes straight, which I don't think is that useful of a flight. The Envy's not going to break in nearly as quickly, and while it's not as overstable as a Zone, it's got plenty of HSS and should be great for your short overstable approaches.

This is coming from someone who thinks the Envy is incredible, but with my Zone/Ion/beat Ion combo it doesn't fit in the bag. Maybe one day.

The ESP Zone is much more overstable. Having said that, I bag the envy, and find tons of uses for it every round.

Fffvv c. ""8

Edit:
^^
First post of my two year old daughter... Left the iPad unattended for 5 minutes and she's on dgcr, how great.

Last edited:
I've got some experience with D Zones and a P Envy. I'd say that you could easily go with the Envy over a broken in Zone. In my experience, the broken in Zone is just as glideless and HSS as a regular Zone, but it loses its LSS and just goes straight, which I don't think is that useful of a flight. The Envy's not going to break in nearly as quickly, and while it's not as overstable as a Zone, it's got plenty of HSS and should be great for your short overstable approaches.

This is coming from someone who thinks the Envy is incredible, but with my Zone/Ion/beat Ion combo it doesn't fit in the bag. Maybe one day.

I am interested in the skip aspect of both discs. Does a pro d zone skips at all, and how does it compare to the envy's tendency to skip?

The envy will skip but I wouldn't call it a massive skipper. The zone usually comes in a little hotter and from my experience skips more.

as someone who has bagged both pro d zones and N and P envy, the skip is negligible.
yes you get either to skip if desired, but neither are that prone to.

Fffvv c. ""8

Edit:
^^
First post of my two year old daughter... Left the iPad unattended for 5 minutes and she's on dgcr, how great.

That's awesome. Honestly, I'm surprised my two year old hasn't accomplished this yet.
:popcorn:

Latest posts