• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

The envyay kick my mids out its sneaky long amd can handle everything I throw at it. Haven't thrown a mid in a while now cause I trust the envy so much.

Anyone think of an envy like a slower seasoned up Roc? I have found the LSS really isn't as apparent as it was when fresh but keeping the same HSS. Its a great putter for those who don't like the feel of the Ion or want something a little different than their Anodes and not carry as many mid-range discs.

Would love to see a US/(true)lid-like putter (bead-free floaty gyro-ing proto magic clone) and a Zone clone in axiom colors Mmmm!

Didn't get to throw my Envy as much as I would have liked at the 303 Open this weekend (lots of wide open holes) but I did bust it out on a few get out of trouble shots. Of course it rocked as always. My next tournament is at Sakuna Pines which is a much more technical course that I always end up throwing a ton of putter shots on. Very excited for that!

An interesting note: of all my discs, my Envys (I bag a max weight Proton and Neutron) seem to be the least effected by my recent elevation change. Going from near sea level in Korea to literally a mile high (and higher) here in Colorado has made all my discs more overstable. Also has robbed me of some distance. The Envy is more OS but on a much lower degree than my other discs, including my Volts. It's not a putter thing either, because my Aviars and Polecats are noticeably more OS. Not sure why it is that way, but I'm loving it! Had a chain out off the tee on a 220 foot hole today, in fact!

Anyone think of an envy like a slower seasoned up Roc? I have found the LSS really isn't as apparent as it was when fresh but keeping the same HSS. Its a great putter for those who don't like the feel of the Ion or want something a little different than their Anodes and not carry as many mid-range discs.

Would love to see a US/(true)lid-like putter (bead-free floaty gyro-ing proto magic clone) and a Zone clone in axiom colors Mmmm!

More or less glide than an ion for putting?

less by a lot IMO and I push putt so really find a bigger difference than spin putting.

Ion is like a glove in that sense. Matter of fact I think Feldberg just had Latitude make an Ion clone for him :p (dagger ... not really lol)

Don't wanna scan the whole thread, sorry. I throw Neutron Envies and love them. How are the Protons? Just as flat? More or less HSS and LSS? I could use a touch more beef from mine occasionally. Thanks.

Don't wanna scan the whole thread, sorry. I throw Neutron Envies and love them. How are the Protons? Just as flat? More or less HSS and LSS? I could use a touch more beef from mine occasionally. Thanks.

I have followed the whole thread, and so far no one has stated that there is much difference, in both plastic or weight.
Hopefully this might have changed, and someone will chime in.

less by a lot IMO and I push putt so really find a bigger difference than spin putting.

Ion is like a glove in that sense. Matter of fact I think Feldberg just had Latitude make an Ion clone for him :p (dagger ... not really lol)

ha

I do love the ion but my weak putting would like a bit more glide than even the ion

I bag both and there isn't really a difference in flight, but there is in durability. Maybe not the best word, but my n envy is starting to straighten out some and loosing some fade. The Protron is staying more fresh. Both have the same air time.

Mine is getting a lot more use than any other o/s putter I've tried to bag. I get clean snappy releases, 260' drives on low, driver-like lines, and very nice pop hyzers.

Buddy took a throw with it and went a little wild right toward trees, and broke just in front of them and faded out. "I did not expect that." That was back to back with a Chief, which is nowhere near as stable, but very fun to throw nonetheless.

I bag both and there isn't really a difference in flight, but there is in durability. Maybe not the best word, but my n envy is starting to straighten out some and loosing some fade. The Protron is staying more fresh. Both have the same air time.

Sounds good, this may be what I am looking for. My N is straighter each day, too. May have to find a P. Same dome as the Ns?

I picked up 3 proton envies about two weeks ago and have been loving them. They are replacing the classic roc as my main putter. I just ordered another one tonite. I original got two 169g and one 174g. The 174g has become my main putter so I ordered a 173g as a back up. The 169g I have liked throwing them off the tee and for upshots. They are more stable than the classic roc but have a similar feel in the hand. And they fly farther for me. Great disc.:thmbup:

my new local course is a pitch and putt envy only course for me. nailed cage three times today in 12 holes. gonna nail an ace soon enough with this wonderful disc. as an experiment i am dropping my mids for a bit. Gonna roll envy pa4 as my mids for a couple weeks. i have not thrown a mid in a few weeks and i am thinking i won't miss them at all. that scares me, i have stacks of warships and suspects that may go by the wayside. For me to get a putter to 300 is a stretch consistently. today in the field after my round i was hitting 330 pretty easy with the envy.

I am noticing my 168 p is more lss than my 174 p envy. at first i thought it was me but nope that is what i see on the course and in the field. any who...

The Envy is my first foray into the MVP line since a few years ago. I threw Ions shortly after they first came out. Loved them when I clicked with them, but was far too inconsistent. The easier to grip Envy sounded like a good excuse to try another MVP/Axiom product. I really love the feel and flight of the disc. It is a better putter than I expected and flies really well off the tee. My only comment, not complaint, would be that the MVP over stable discs fly differently than other products. When the the MVP fan boy club touts a new OS disc it is not comparable to other OS discs for the most part. By that I mean that the MVP don't fade as much as other OS discs IMO. But they certainly do have great HSS. So yes, they are OS. But they are more dead on straight with a smaller fade than many OS discs. Not complaining, just comparing. I am really loving the Envy, but it is not a Zone, Harp or Sinus as far as fade. It is really its own unique disc. Really good, just tough to compare to other OS discs.

The Envy is my first foray into the MVP line since a few years ago. I threw Ions shortly after they first came out. Loved them when I clicked with them, but was far too inconsistent. The easier to grip Envy sounded like a good excuse to try another MVP/Axiom product. I really love the feel and flight of the disc. It is a better putter than I expected and flies really well off the tee. My only comment, not complaint, would be that the MVP over stable discs fly differently than other products. When the the MVP fan boy club touts a new OS disc it is not comparable to other OS discs for the most part. By that I mean that the MVP don't fade as much as other OS discs IMO. But they certainly do have great HSS. So yes, they are OS. But they are more dead on straight with a smaller fade than many OS discs. Not complaining, just comparing. I am really loving the Envy, but it is not a Zone, Harp or Sinus as far as fade. It is really its own unique disc. Really good, just tough to compare to other OS discs.

This is dead on. MVP discs definitely hold straight longer than most other OS discs before the fade kicks in, and the fade often times is much more gentle.

However, they do have beefy ones like the Resistor and Shock. But as far as putters, there is nothing in that range yet. The Envy was never advertised to be that, either. It was just what everyone wanted.

Barely worth mentioning but I hit an Envy ace. #8 at Malone red tees, just a 100' tunnel shot. Flat FH released perfectly. Me and my buddy were BSing, he said "Haven't you FH aced this before?" I say, as I'm about to throw, "Yeah, 2 times I think.....(throw)......maybe 3?" CHAINS.

Latest posts