• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

2ZmPlkC.jpg

Yeah they do, and you don't.

ALSO I tried to replicate that picture with a medium envy and sprained my wrist. Thx

[QUOTE they're gonna be released. [/QUOTE]

Music to my ears

why do people like the soft ones over the medium ones?

I've liked putting softs the entire time I've played disc golf. Don't know if its my weird putting grip or what, but they've always worked better for me.

I dig them for drives and upshots too, but I like firms too for that role. So for me its mainly the putts.

Once the Softs hit regular production I'll probably be carrying mostly softs with a max weight firm for putter rollers etc.

I've heard a rumor that they could release this year, but that is 100% subject to change.

I plan to put up a 167 pink one from that video I just posted for a pass-around soon so everyone can try one for themselves.

Mike do you notice the soft neutron drops out of the air quicker on putts. I have a 173g soft N. Ion and it seems to drop a lot quicker than my reg neutrons in the same weights. Should I look for a lighter one like your 165g ones to have a similar putting flight to my reg 170-173g putters. Of course this is assuming I can eventually get my hands on one.

Okay, ive made the decision to give an Envy a toss....but which is better, proton or neutron? is there much of a difference?

Mike do you notice the soft neutron drops out of the air quicker on putts. I have a 173g soft N. Ion and it seems to drop a lot quicker than my reg neutrons in the same weights. Should I look for a lighter one like your 165g ones to have a similar putting flight to my reg 170-173g putters. Of course this is assuming I can eventually get my hands on one.

I don't notice a difference in flight on putts between the soft and regular versions of any putter on the market to be honest, so I'm not sure.

The only other thing I can add is when I putted Ions I used a 171. For me, the more OS a mold I putt with, the lighter I like to go.

My go to putting putter range is 169-171, but with the Envy I'm glad they sent me 165 Soft's because that's about where I'd want them even if I could choose any weight due to the Envy being more OS.

Cool man I appreciate the response. Before the Envy came out I used a N. Anode @ 173g and now my putting Envy is 170g It's the perfect weight for me in its stability. I built my putting style around yours because the stance felt the most comfortable to me and I have the best accuracy with a spin put style. You have a very fluid motion to the basket and it is fun to watch. I apologize for any gushing:)

(im mike too :p) Ever weigh those putters? its very possible that soft N ion isn't 173g :thmbup: but yes I like a lighter 165g proton to pair with the 177g on longer putts or upshots needing more touch. The flights are no different though just how the discs respond to lower power.

I lost my proton envy when i drove off with it on the roof of my car at heistand park in madison last week.
I asked at glide, and someone turned it in there even with no ink.
Thanks, kind stranger.