• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

Love the white core and blue rim. I have a couple blanks Ions and will often acetone the scuff marks off to keep that nice clean look.

Gave a 173g Proton Envy a test run today. Holy schnikes; this is just the mold I was looking for. Slightly overstable, shallow and beadless. Feels virtually identical to my Opto Pures but flies like it has a bead. Perfect compliment to Pures.

Yesterday was the first time I actually putted with the Soft vs. N Envy. The Soft felt sooo much better. I have drier hands this time of year, and with the weather being a little cooler, the grip felt amazing on the Soft. It wasn't quite as perfect as the Electron blend, but still sweet.

Maybe the wrong thread but didn't want to start a new one for one question:
I went over to a friends place and got to feel up a soft envy and it's like buttah! Thing is I like slightly understable putters to minimize low speed fade. I'm currently using soft swans which are pretty sweet but I'd love to try out an MVP/Axiom understable putter in the soft plastic like a soft Envy. I had been reading that a Proxy was similar but more understable than an envy which sounds perfect but it seems it's not available in soft? Any understable soft putters available available either now or on the near term horizon?

yeah wait for the atom for sure if you like the feel of a envy/proxy but want something which beats into a more understable flight much easier. wont be long! could still get a proxy in the meantime :D

I love the Envy as my approach and put, especially the Soft N, but I'm having a lot of trouble with it overshooting the basket instead of turning...the Envy doesn't seem to like to curve much, it just wants to go straight and then drop like a brick. I suppose I should take this as a training opportunity to shoot straight for the basket, but especially on approaches within 100 feet, how should I be throwing to not overshoot?

I think the Envy's strength is not in its fade, but in its high speed stability. It's a disc that you can really lay into, which is great for a putter that finishes the way it does. It will also mask some OAT. This may not be the best for form teaching, but in the real world, OAT eaters matter.

I generally jump putt approach from that range to control the distance, or else do a "lazy" flick with just the wirst.

@ 100', if the Envy isn't fading, there's probably some anhyzer going on?
On a flat release, or especially a slight hyzer, even my beat N Envy will fade noticably even further out that that.

That being said, it can be tough to range shorter up shots with it when using anhyzer on the throw, it really stretches out the distance.