• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

All this talk about magical Soft Neutron Envys is tempting my "buy, buy, buy" trigger finger. I'm loving my Proton but find that a more grippy and beefier Envy would be even better. My Protons hold hyzers well (better than any other putter I've ever thrown) but aren't that overstable; mine barely even pull out of a medium level of anhyzer.

All this talk about magical Soft Neutron Envys is tempting my "buy, buy, buy" trigger finger. I'm loving my Proton but find that a more grippy and beefier Envy would be even better. My Protons hold hyzers well (better than any other putter I've ever thrown) but aren't that overstable; mine barely even pull out of a medium level of anhyzer.

Mmmm. I don't know if it will be wildly different than your P? I've got a max wt-ish P Envy that I haven't thrown a ton (prefer the Ns for some reason,) and I wouldn't say that the soft is CRAZY more OS. It's not gonna full power super-flex like a Zone or anything.

You in the CAC? I'm playing MM1, maybe we can meet before/after or something, you can toss one of mine a few times and see what you think.

Last edited:
Mmmm. I don't know if it will be wildly different than your P? I've got a max wt-ish P Envy that I haven't thrown a ton (prefer the Ns for some reason,) and I wouldn't say that the soft is CRAZY more OS. It's not gonna full power super-flex like a Zone or anything.

You in the CAC? I'm playing MM1, maybe we can meet before/after or something, you can toss one of mine a few times and see what you think.

MA2 for me at CAC so it looks like we won't ever be near the same courses. If I ever win the damn thing I'll move up to MA1.

A max weight soft Envy will hold its stability much much longer than a regular neutron or proton. As Toro said it still won't be Zone OS but more so than the other regs.

Feels shallower and obviously faster. Very similar stability of wizards and ions but more forgiving with a lower profile and smaller bead. Slightly more LSS at max weight vs lighter ones but very HSS at any power.

Out of my throwing stock, I noted one of my Soft Envies was noticeably softer than the others. Not a ton, but enough I only throw it. I got more confident using this particular disc and found more often than not, I was finishing longer and longer putts with it where I would normally draw my Atom. Now, I'm putting almost full time with this really soft envy (and most upshots and some drives) and I don't really feel my others have the same pliability. I'm afraid I'm going to burn through this guy. Do we need Super Soft Envies? I have 4 soft envies, 3 are about the same, but one is really soft.

The envy is one great ****ing disc. If it weren't for the Legacy Hunter, I'd still be throwing the **** out of Envies.

Out of my throwing stock, I noted one of my Soft Envies was noticeably softer than the others. I'm afraid I'm going to burn through this guy. Do we need Super Soft Envies? I have 4 soft envies, 3 are about the same, but one is really soft.

I also have 4 soft envies, and one of them being more "pliable". It's a 165g blue rim/white core which I obtained quite some months after the others. I wasn't sure if the slight variation was due to it being a light weight envy or if it was what the current production of soft neutron was turning out to be.

My guess is that its the lastest production seeing how a lot of people are describing neutrons being a bit softer. Hopefully, someone else can add more info.

My 163 soft is a bit softer than the 174 soft I had. I think it has more to do with the weight. My 153 P Crave is also softer than my 164 N Crave.

I usually putt with my harder P Envies because of the way I grip my putts, but for longer putts, approaches and many drives, the soft is my go to of all my discs.

I've seen 3 or 4 softs in 174g that were softer than usual, even more so than my two 165's.

I've seen 3 or 4 softs in 174g that were softer than usual, even more so than my two 165's.

Yeah, just to add to the data, its a 170 class of mine that's the softest. Medium blue with a pink rim. I know MVP/Axiom has a lot on their plates, but I think Soft and Super Soft has been a proven marketable. I'd hit it.

Anyone heard any rumors on when this disc might be out in their Electron base plastic? It might just beat out my PA1's for putting. It's the best throwing putter on the market.

I need something to place something between my Opto Pure and premi JOKERi. I now carry a Shield but it just doesn't feel right in the hand leading to some bad releases every now and then.
Would an Envy be the same as a Shield stabilitywise?
Very HSS with little to no fade at the end?

E: and in what plastic?

There's some fade at the end, about 1.5-2 in fade in my opinion. You might want to consider the Axiom Proxy instead of the Envy