• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom for $9.99

I will agree with this for sure! Especially if as a dealer you get random crap colors to try to pass off on people.

Even from the MFG standpoint imagine running and inventorying all the SKUs of color combos ( if they do that? )

I have wanted to try a Proxy and just cant justify spending $15 on UGLY plastic...:gross:...I will not even spend the $9.99 ( even for a thrower ) for one if MST would ship it for free!

Are the guys at Axiom/MVP color blind? I like colorful plastic but their "combos" are laughable at best.

What you like is never what someone else might like... Selling axiom is pretty puzzling. I think xyz discs are ugly but they sell right away. Keep some for myself and show a friend and he hates the colors.. Grabs a grey rim purple core off the shelf and we go throw..

:confused: there is no rhyme or reason to the colors people like or combos desired etc. Vibrams fuglys are nothing like axiom off colors either. Unless your talking copper plasma but even then...bling bling

Also the proxy that are in stock sre not ugly st all... Red/pink? Lol so dumb here.

Last edited:
I honestly could not care less about ugly. That doesn't even enter my mind. I just don't want something that looks like the color was derived from ground pine straw. I'd like to be able to actually find the disc after I throw it. Some of these so called ugly colors are great for that.

I'm okay with most of the combos since they feature heavily in Pink/Orange which I like, but the Green/Orange and Purple/Red I'm seeing a ton of are pretty rough.
They should get a list of college football colors and make those. Down here you could move some serious red/black or red/white proxys.

I'm with PMantle on this: as long as the colors are bright and i can see and find my discs, I'm not really caring TOO much about colors. I will also add this: even with bright flight plates, the black overmold rims of MVP discs are not all that easy to see. If anything, I'd like to see MVP make their rims in bright colors, even if it's only one bright color, etc.

As to college colors, that sounds like a good idea, but it'd probably be better to have limited edition runs with school logos. Red and Black is popular in the State of Georgia (I'm a UGA grad myself), but I can't see red, black, or red/black discs, and I doubt red and black discs would be nearly as popular in Louisiana, Tennessee, or parts of Alabama, etc. Crimson would be fine in parts of Alabama... except my blind eyes would probably not see a crimson disc sitting on the ground three feet in front of me (if it was a rattlesnake, it would bite me, etc.).

I handpicked some atlas from innova factory store. Orange center, pink rim. Deliciously ugly. Easy to spot though, twas why i bought it.

I like weird color combos! No earthy colors though.

I handpicked some atlas from innova factory store. Orange center, pink rim. Deliciously ugly. Easy to spot though, twas why i bought it.
I like weird color combos! No earthy colors though.

My recently acquired Axiom Insanity is orange flight plate with pink rim, though that rim looks purplish in direct contrast with the orange. Fugly combination but, like you said, very easy to spot.

Oh well, time will tell if this is just a campaign to get rid of fugly color combinations, or if there is a serious business problem between Axiom and Marshall.....

Oh well, time will tell if this is just a campaign to get rid of fugly color combinations, or if there is a serious business problem between Axiom and Marshall.....

It seems to me like dealers are more reluctant to restock Axiom then other brands. I have been watching Disc Golf Center's stock of Soft Proxies waiting for a restock with good colors, they only have 4 left and it is one of the newest discs on the market but no restock. If you look at all the Axiom they carry many molds only have 4-8 disc in stock, good luck getting the weight you want in a color combo you like.

Hey Axiom, how about making more discs in the good color combos.:popcorn:
It might be time to change my signature.

It seems to me like dealers are more reluctant to restock Axiom then other brands. I have been watching Disc Golf Center's stock of Soft Proxies waiting for a restock with good colors, they only have 4 left and it is one of the newest discs on the market but no restock. If you look at all the Axiom they carry many molds only have 4-8 disc in stock, good luck getting the weight you want in a color combo you like.

Another thing: one of the PIAS stores in my area made a point to stock more brands. They told me it was due to people requesting that they add more brands, and they responded like the good business-people they are. They added Trilogy (mostly DD and Lat64) and Prodigy discs to their lineup that was (and still is) mostly Innova and Discraft, as well as some others, and this enabled me to hold some Lat64 and Prodigy discs and then buy them.

The brands that they did NOT put on the racks was MVP/Axiom. Maybe they just added brands that were specifically requested, maybe they just overlooked MVP/Axiom... or maybe not.

The other PIAS that I frequently visit is still mostly Innova and indeed is mostly used discs right now, and I've only seen a couple of MVP discs there (and no Axioms). And the Academy and Dick's locations I sometimes visit have never had MVP/Axiom.

I'm not trying to insinuate that there's problems with all that, just that MVP/Axiom is not really out there in the stores in my area, and in the few places they are I rarely find the weight I'm looking for. That leaves online only, and then we're back to the discussion of the $9.99 Axioms at Marshall, and dwindling stock at DGC, etc.

P.S. Your signature is fine. Soft Proxy rules! (though my Proxy is firm neutron....)

I'm sure AIM can chime in, but I've heard it is very easy to buy from DD, as they offer 60 day terms to stores. My local shop also avoids dealing with MVP/Axiom because they do not, and are "hard" to deal with. Legacy is the same story.

No idea. Any problem ive had was resolved quickly with free extra discs or refund etc.

I assume larger accounts get some flexibility but have no idea.

Right, I do not doubt that the MVP crew does their best and make sure their customers are happy.

I am just talking about financing the purchases and pricing differences

Right, I do not doubt that the MVP crew does their best and make sure their customers are happy.

Actually, IMHO this might be the source of the rift between MVP/Axiom and Marshall. Certainly there's a problem, and some of the speculation is that MVP/Axiom did not do right by Marshall or something, while others are defending MVP/Axiom.

And to the point of what I wrote in earlier posts: IMHO MVP/Axiom needs to take a serious look at their business model, their relationships with their customers (DG vendors), and their all around situation. There ARE issues there. I like MVP/Axiom discs, so I'm not writing this as a hater, and I really do hope they get things right and better. But they need to not bury their heads in the sand and pretend nothing is wrong....

I'm sure AIM can chime in, but I've heard it is very easy to buy from DD, as they offer 60 day terms to stores. My local shop also avoids dealing with MVP/Axiom because they do not, and are "hard" to deal with. Legacy is the same story.

A buddy of mine placed the disc orders for our local pias for quite a while and he always s said dynamic was very easy to work with as well. He also mentioned that margins on mvp discs were slimmer than other manufacturers, especially if you wanted to keep them at relatively competitive prices.

Compared to other items in the store, disc margins in general are on the lower end of what they sell. So from their perspective it's tough to dedicate a lot of retail space for a product that doesn't make you much, let alone carrying a ton of brands and molds that may never sell.

I'm just curious, but there seems to be some mention about how mvp/axiom do business compared to others, etc, and why it might not be good, yada yada...but nobody is actually saying anything. What's so different about how mvp or axiom do things? do they actually not sell? Do any of you have any proof or numbers on what sells? Do any of you actually know anything about them? No? Or did we just jump from speculation to "something must change" that fast?

Prices high, whatever, that's not a very good reason considering many people seem to like them.

From a Facebook comment in the MVP fan group following confusion over MST pulling all MVP/Axiom rom their flight chart this week (this is not me, but another FB user... just passing it along for reference):

"i used to work at MST, and I know that there has always been a love hate relationship between MST and MVP. customer service stuff. for example, when ordering discs from MVP, sometimes MVP will be out of stock on the molds and weight range that was ordered. So instead of refunding the payment for the discs that were ordered but unavailable, they would just send whatever they had to fill the order. Most of the times, things that we didnt order. Kind of sucks because we didnt order them because we didnt need them because we had so many that didnt sell as well as their other molds/weights. Example. if all we have left are 150 class inertias, so we order max weight inertias. they dont have any so they send us more 150 class inertias. Now we have twice as many of something that hasnt sold as fast as the max weights. So this is very frustrating to have your money sunk into products that arent moving when you ordered something else and would much rather have been refunded for it. I mean, imagine ordering a Proton Tesla, the store being out of stock and just sending you a Proton Vector. "same value", but VERY different products. its frustrating.

SO thats all i can guess is going on here. Some frustrations with the company. Distributors are "customers" too. so not getting what you paid for is annoying. Again, i'm not bashing MVP. also, there are issues with over crowding on the flight guide. Just too many molds. So that issue is always at hand. maybe this was a convenient way to send a message and free up some room on the guide. Again not speaking ill of MVP, Just trying to maybe illuminate the reason for some of their actions regarding MVP."

Others go on to say its not that way anymore, too, so a whole lot of speculating to go around...

Last edited:
Another FB post in the same thread
"Here is Marshalls response. "We removed them from our chart because we needed more room and simply have run our of love for MVP. They keep 'bait and switching' our orders and refuse to correct the problem. We wish it were different, but that is not the case. As for an old snapshot, I'm not sure that's possible to do. If you place an order however, our physical copies come free with each purchase. The physical copies still have MVP on them. I hope this helps answer your questions!""

All i can say is if they didnt have what i ordered i was sent a refund.

I cannot imagine if what did happen once with 150 class inertias that it would happen multiple times. Its pretty easy to pickup the phone and get something done with good communication. Just never been an issue with MVP via email so if it were to get serious i just dont see having a problem and surely the brothers think im crazy so if anyone would be told to screw off its me! Lol

All i can say is if they didnt have what i ordered i was sent a refund.
I cannot imagine if what did happen once with 150 class inertias that it would happen multiple times. Its pretty easy to pickup the phone and get something done with good communication. Just never been an issue with MVP via email so if it were to get serious i just dont see having a problem and surely the brothers think im crazy so if anyone would be told to screw off its me! Lol

That may be your experience, but apparently MST has been having a different experience. It also sounds like this was an ongoing problem between MST and MVP. I *can* imagine that this problem of sending the incorrect weight orders happening multiple times.

IMHO, MST did not make their decision lightly; after all, they are not in business to NOT sell discs. So for them to take this step is pretty indicative of a problem -- and an effort in communication to fix the problem failing, possibly several times.

IMHO, MVP really needs to take a good hard look at themselves and their customer service.

Ive been ordering since the the times brad would reply back late as hell at night after school etc... You have no idea what you are talking about.

It just doesnt add up them growing as fast if they sucked at wholesale. Hell they have an entire new facility.

MVP is a very young company compared to innova dc dd etc..

It just doesnt add up them growing as fast if they sucked at wholesale. Hell they have an entire new facility.

I'm not sure how having a new facility has anything to do with their alleged problems with MST, but I'll leave that aside for now.

Ive been ordering since the the times brad would reply back late as hell at night after school etc... You have no idea what you are talking about.
MVP is a very young company compared to innova dc dd etc..

I'm glad your experience with MVP has been good. But that doesn't mean they have not had problems with MST. MST took the effort to remove MVP/Axiom from their flight guide, and are now selling off Axiom discs at deep discount, possibly below cost. Did MST just do this on a whim? There is obviously a serious problem between those two companies, and blind defense of MVP doesn't make that go away.

So how do you know the problem isnt MST?

Sometimes you just have to tell some clients thanks but no thanks. Maybe thats the best for both of them. Its not the end of either company lol.