• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Inspire

A Saint should be longer and more stable. But someone who has thrown it can confirm that.

Can anyone compare this to a Saint? Sounds like it would produce similar lines.

A Saint should be longer and more stable. But someone who has thrown it can confirm that.

Kinda depends on your power level. For bigger arms I know the Saint can tend more toward the understable side. For me, at a bit lower power, the Inspire is more understable than the Saint, with noticeably less fade at the end of the flight.

I enjoyed testing out my Inspires today.

I was getting smooth, controlled turnovers. They have a ton of glide, probably the most out of MVP's entire line-up.

I'm not 100% sure why yet but I clicked with these pretty much right away, while the Switch took me some time to dial in, and even once I did I wasn't totally convinced I needed to bag it.

The Inspire I see making the bag though. I'm not quite sure how it will interact with my understable speed 9 and 10.5 MVP drivers, but I'll figure that out.

All I know is I've never had a disc with such a narrow rim blast past 400' so easily. This thing just wants to cruise.

Played Alum Creek State Park outside of Columbus today and the Inspire and Craves were just awesome in the woods. The soft, light fade of the Inspire just sets the disc down nicely but I can still force it into a long turn to get more L-R distance than I get with a Tangent. Planning to play another heavily wooded course, Portage Lakes State Park, tomorrow morning to see how they do there.

I've bagged a Switch since release, and I really didn't miss it today. With the Crave in the bag, the Inspire is feeling like a more versatile compliment.

I think the Inertia is easier to flip, and has better glide. The Inspire also has great glide, but it doesn't have the zoom that the Inertia does.

I got a 163g and I must say it has some insane glide...I only got a couple of fair shots with it yesterday because it was really windy, but I like what I saw. I can already say that there is more contrast in feel and flight between the Inspire/Switch than with the Crave/Servo.

I can already say that there is more contrast in feel and flight between the Inspire/Switch than with the Crave/Servo.
That's interesting, can you elaborate a bit? It seems the releationship ought to be fairly similar between the Servo/Switch and the Crave/Inspire (they should have a bit less hss, a chunk more lss).

I'll put it like this: I'm likely not consistent enough, which is why I'm not seeing a marked difference between the Servo/Crave, so I probably won't be picking up an Inspire right away, since I have a Switch and I'm hard pressed to believe that the Switch/Inspire relationship is THAT different from the Servo/Crave.

I'm still working my Crave through that initial break-in period. Once it's lost that 'new disc smell,' my tune could very well change.

(Side note: I'm also working through an early anti-Crave bias, no fault of the discs. I put it about 25 ft up in a weird, scraggly cedar tree last weekend. This tree is akin to the Charlie-Brown's-kite-eater in Peanuts: It's next to a drainage that uses largish rocks. I proceded to get not only the disc stuck up there, but in the effort to knock it down, also lodged 2 rocks that each had to weigh 5-10 lbs each...7 lb rocks stuck in a effing tree?! I wound up having to climb it to get the disc down. I'm 42, I don't like climbing trees any more.)

(Side note: I'm also working through an early anti-Crave bias, no fault of the discs. I put it about 25 ft up in a weird, scraggly cedar tree last weekend. This tree is akin to the Charlie-Brown's-kite-eater in Peanuts: It's next to a drainage that uses largish rocks. I proceded to get not only the disc stuck up there, but in the effort to knock it down, also lodged 2 rocks that each had to weigh 5-10 lbs each...7 lb rocks stuck in a effing tree?! I wound up having to climb it to get the disc down. I'm 42, I don't like climbing trees any more.)

This is great ^...

Reminds me of one of the first discs I got stuck in a tree. It was about 30 feet up in a thick evergreen tree. Couldn't get it down, so I gave up on it. After a couple days, I go play again, and bring a couple of my kids' soccer and playground balls with me. The disc is still up there, and in the course of trying to knock it down I get BOTH balls stuck in the tree. I eventually got the disc down, and then had to spend another half hour getting the balls back so I didn't have to hear about it from my kids.

But, they constantly remind me of a time earlier this year where I got one stuck in a tree and used another disc to get it down. I throw the disc up, it knocks the stuck one loose, and in doing so sits down on the tree limb in the exact same position of the one it just knocked out of there. They thought it was the greatest thing they'd ever seen... lol.

I can already say that there is more contrast in feel and flight between the Inspire/Switch than with the Crave/Servo.

That's interesting, can you elaborate a bit? It seems the releationship ought to be fairly similar between the Servo/Switch and the Crave/Inspire (they should have a bit less hss, a chunk more lss).

This speculative post from earlier in the thread pretty much nails it on the head...

The Switch is a unique disc...For me it is more a workable turn and fader than a true understable disc like an XL/Leo. I'm hoping it's got more glide and less fade than the Switch and it may find a place in the bag...The kind of disc that can go as far as anything downhill/downwind.

The Inspire is totally this disc for me. Perhaps it the light weight (@163 its the lightest MVP disc I've thrown by some margin), but it just locks onto a straight or turnover line and glides forever. It also feels like it has a more gyro design when I hit it...like I'm throwing a ring with a thin skin for a flightplate.

My Inspire is a black with blue overmold. The plastic feels incredible...It is quite soft and grippy. This is also the domiest MVP driver I've had to date. Despite the light weight and understable design of the disc I had zero issues with overpowering it in the field today. It also flew better into a mild headwind than it should have. I'm not sure how other Inspires look/feel, but the one I have is money and in the bag already. As much as I've been enjoying all the new stuff so far in 2014, this disc is my hands down favorite so far. It's like a driver version of my FR Ion.

^^Can you post a picture of the dome on yours? Mine is flat, almost puddled, and I would love to see them come out with more dome.

10329252_4257471932126_5494322467367722435_n.jpg

Thanks. Looks like mine with the rounded shoulder and flat top, very similar to the Switch. I would like to see a nice, gradual roundness to the top of the flight plate on these to see what it would do to the glide, but it has been some time since MVP cranked out something not flat.