• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Proxy

Still only bagging the Proxy as a putter. Should have added the Envy a long time ago cuz I'm usually running the basket or using fade-ins. Next disc order will include a couple Envy's. :doh:

Will there EVER be an Electron Proxy?

Just curious.... why MVP is like Westside - very reluctant to put out their discs in all plastics, across the board.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Plasma, Soft N and Melon Proxies.... But since it's my go-to putter, it sure would be nice to have a blend that doesn't require friction gloves in the cold/wet.

Will there EVER be an Electron Proxy?

Just curious.... why MVP is like Westside - very reluctant to put out their discs in all plastics, across the board.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Plasma, Soft N and Melon Proxies.... But since it's my go-to putter, it sure would be nice to have a blend that doesn't require friction gloves in the cold/wet.

Seriously. Atom.

MVP is nothing like westside really when it comes to plastics. There is only so much room to release new stuff tho.

yeah its like a roc vs buzzz i know...

:rolleyes:

My main DG buddy uses proxy for driving and atom for putting/driving. He couldn't tell a blind diff from his melon proxy vs proton atom i had out last round.

My point if is you really want a baseline like envy/proxy just get a damn atom. It will work until every disc is released in every plastic. Good god.

The Proxy is a lot more comfortable in a putting grip for me. The parting line height difference especially because I keep the pad of my index finger on the outer rim. That minor difference between the molds changes their feel quite a bit for me.

Either way I prefer putting Ions :p

Nope. I've thrown electron atoms. It's not a proxy. In the hand, or in flight. I really wanted to like the atom, but it's not the same disc.

Now, my 2 yr old seasoned melons, that I've scrubbed with soft soap and a nylon scrubber, have a nice soft easy grip, except in the rain. I can live with them, indeed I rely on them, but I do have to wear the gloves in wet and really cold weather.

The Proxy is a lot more comfortable in a putting grip for me. The parting line height difference especially because I keep the pad of my index finger on the outer rim. That minor difference between the molds changes their feel quite a bit for me.

What about that vertical seam on your new proxy? That would drive me nuts with my finger on the edge, just knowing it's there...somewhere.

I wonder why Innova makes the Aviar, small bead Aviar, and big bead Aviar, and JK Aviar, and Yeti Aviar. They're all the same thing. :popcorn:

What about that vertical seam on your new proxy? That would drive me nuts with my finger on the edge, just knowing it's there...somewhere.

It's only visual, you can't feel it.

Nope. I've thrown electron atoms. It's not a proxy. In the hand, or in flight. I really wanted to like the atom, but it's not the same disc.

Now, my 2 yr old seasoned melons, that I've scrubbed with soft soap and a nylon scrubber, have a nice soft easy grip, except in the rain. I can live with them, indeed I rely on them, but I do have to wear the gloves in wet and really cold weather.

Lol... Sure! Night and day difference.

I mean are we talking ion vs spin here? That would make sense.

You're right... Both MikeC and myself are talking out of our ass here. :doh:

Hey AIM, maybe once in a while you could accept the fact that others might have a slightly different opinion of an MVP/Axiom disc - and we aren't wrong.

The Atom feels different against my index finger - strike one.

It also drops out of the sky like a brick, and doesn't have nearly the glide and carry that the Proxy has. Strike two.

Perhaps for you those aren't "significant" differences, but I can assure you, for circle putting - it makes quite a different. In fact, other than the fact they are both overmolded putters, with good HSS - that's about where the similarities end for me. They don't feel the same, they don't fly the same, or come in comparable plastic blends.

Hate the feel of the atom for a putter. Love the proxy. Atom feels way shallower in the hand despite the same core. Proxy for me is way more comfortable for putting grip. The atom fades as well off the tee and approaches I have to coax fade out of the proxy. That said I putt anodes, so on to be electron anodes!

The Proxy and Atom are similar but different. The Atom is a tad shallower than the Proxy. Proxy seems to have a higher shoulder (if I'm correct). The closest putter that seems to be related to the Atom is the Pure. I putted with the Pure for quite some time (made the change to support American, smaller companies) and the Atom fits that role. If you like the Pure, you will like the Atom.

When the Proxy comes out in Electron, I'll see if it will take the Atom's spot.

Latest posts