• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Proxy

I failed to mention that the Atom and Proxy are interchangeable enough to allow someone to pick one over the other and not miss a beat. With that said, however, I think the feel (in my opinion) between the two is slight enough that one may chose one mold over the other. Personally, I prefer the feel of the Atom over the Proxy.

The superb Proxy is being phased out by my Alias, which has very similar feel and flight, and extended range. I guess I could use the Proxy for putting...

What about an Electron Proxy? Heck, Electron Axiom, period. I suppose it's all in the works.

The superb Proxy is being phased out by my Alias, which has very similar feel and flight, and extended range. I guess I could use the Proxy for putting...

I played a 1 disc round with my Alias the other day and was surprised at how well I putted with it. It even putts similar to the Proxy. I still use the Proxy because it powers down better. Something like a 200' hole with OB behind it, I definitely don't want to overshoot it with my Alias.

Weird. Atom actually measures deeper vs proxy technically... But yeah its WAY more shallow. :|

Proxy 1.8cm vs Atom 1.9cm.

Lulz.

I played a 1 disc round with my Alias the other day and was surprised at how well I putted with it. It even putts similar to the Proxy. I still use the Proxy because it powers down better. Something like a 200' hole with OB behind it, I definitely don't want to overshoot it with my Alias.

Ok, I can see this, good point. One is going to take shots from the other in my bag though, and the Alias may be more versatile overall.

Weird. Atom actually measures deeper vs proxy technically... But yeah its WAY more shallow. :|

Proxy 1.8cm vs Atom 1.9cm.

Lulz.

May not be that big of a deal, but the rim depth for each:

Atom- 1.4

Proxy- 1.5

Rim depth defined by PDGA: Rim Depth - This attribute is measured using a metric ruler. The rim depth is defined as the distance
between a straight edge placed across both rims and the point where the rim meets the flight plate of the
disc.

The Atom is a tad shallower than the Proxy. Still, pretty similar to be interchangeable.

May not be that big of a deal, but the rim depth for each:

Atom- 1.4

Proxy- 1.5

Rim depth defined by PDGA: Rim Depth - This attribute is measured using a metric ruler. The rim depth is defined as the distance
between a straight edge placed across both rims and the point where the rim meets the flight plate of the
disc.

The Atom is a tad shallower than the Proxy. Still, pretty similar to be interchangeable.

You're going to feel both.

Since these 2 putters are causing sooo much confusion and disagreement, I think MVP should OOP one and rename the other. Or just throw an Alias...

You're going to feel both.

Since these 2 putters are causing sooo much confusion and disagreement, I think MVP should OOP one and rename the other. Or just throw an Alias...

Combine both them and name it "prom".

lol, something like that.

They might as well OOP the Ion too since so many hate beaded putters. AIM has 200 Ions so I doubt even he'll mind.

I would love to rename the Proxy. Call it Pride, great pairing with Envy. Why did they stop with the 7 deadly sins anyway?

It's hard to remember but axiom and MVP are two different companies. So what if the proxy and atom are super close. They are different companies after all.

The Proton Atom feels like a deeper disc in the hand than the Electron Atom. Seems to sit firmly between the Envy and Proxy in flight. For me the P Atom in the hand feels closer to the Proxy than the E Atom. All 3 are great flying molds. Might need to get a golf cart so I can carry all this cool sh!t.

It's hard to remember but axiom and MVP are two different companies. So what if the proxy and atom are super close. They are different companies after all.

They are different brands, not different companies. The same company earns the profits from both. If I were the owner, I would ask if both discs take from each other's sales, or add to the overall revenue.

From this discussion so far, it's pretty clear many people like both. So it's a smart business decision to keep both.

The Proton Atom feels like a deeper disc in the hand than the Electron Atom. Seems to sit firmly between the Envy and Proxy in flight. For me the P Atom in the hand feels closer to the Proxy than the E Atom. All 3 are great flying molds. Might need to get a golf cart so I can carry all this cool sh!t.

To be expected from premium plastic vs base, no surprise there, IMO. All this Proxy/Atom scrutiny...:confused:

To be expected from premium plastic vs base, no surprise there, IMO. All this Proxy/Atom scrutiny...:confused:

Yes. I'm really kinda baffled by this my self. Its not like there aren't multiple versions of this across the speed classes. Servo/crave, inertia/insanity, theory/tangent. switch/inspire, envy/atom and obviously atom/proxy(of course this isn't always the case. It depends on where you are comparing the discs in the flight spectrum). The MVP disc usually tends to have a bit of turn with more fade, and the Axiom discs usually have little to no turn or fade. It just depends on how you throw, or how you like to approach certain types of shots, on which you're gonna like.

Last edited: