• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bad/Homer Course Reviews

"from time to time....constantly"

b06d22c738bf970f5a9ca2852cde582a.jpg

Mr. Butlertron you're one of my favorite reviewers and I really respect your opinion, but that's one of the best reviews of Tom Brown ever. I once even cashed in the Open division at a tournament there and would agree with just about everything the reviewer said. The reviewer says there's not many options in town so it's no wonder they've played it 500+ times. Not everyone wants to drive an extra 30-45 minutes each way just to play a little better course. I flipping hate traffic...in fact just yesterday when I played a round I went to our 3 Star course to play rather than our 4.5 Star course because I didn't want to drive an extra 15 minutes each way.

You're right, I'm probably being just as pessimistic about his review as he is with the course. That being said, it's impossible not to notice the red flags. His stats don't match up with the experience he claims to have, his cons can be easily picked apart, and the review is not as well rounded as I'd expect from a player with that much experience at a specific course. Is that not the essence of a bad/homer review?

Perhaps Mr. B, perhaps. I'm too shocked by wellsbranch cussing to think clearly though :) :) :)

I rate wellsbranch cussing at 4.387 (excellent).
—SHOCK FACTOR: No one saw that coming.
—COMEDIC GOLD: The most humble of commentators dropping the b word out of nowhere is hysterical.
—FILTER AVOIDANCE: I added 0.263 points for the creative replacement of the i with the exclamation point in the b word.
—QUICK PLAY ON WORDS: I read wellsbranch's post in about 10 seconds; so figure about 30 seconds for a group of four.

Perhaps Mr. B, perhaps. I'm too shocked by wellsbranch cussing to think clearly though :) :) :)

I rate wellsbranch cussing at 4.387 (excellent).
—SHOCK FACTOR: No one saw that coming.
—COMEDIC GOLD: The most humble of commentators dropping the b word out of nowhere is hysterical.
—FILTER AVOIDANCE: I added 0.263 points for the creative replacement of the i with the exclamation point in the b word.
—QUICK PLAY ON WORDS: I read wellsbranch's post in about 10 seconds; so figure about 30 seconds for a group of four.

Don't take this the wrong way wellsbranch - I love your reviews...buuuuuuttt

MikeK, you win the thread. BRILLIANT!!!!

Don't take this the wrong way wellsbranch - I love your reviews...buuuuuuttt

MikeK, you win the thread. BRILLIANT!!!!

until swatso joined in

currently cleaning off my screen and keyboard after spraying my drink all over

good stuff, this thread is banging today

also, i was most surprised by Mark considering a down-vote for the first time in 635 days

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=11806&mode=rev#85711

4.5 review. No tee pads, only grass. No baskets, only masonry line tied around trees. Also, course is only temporary, but hoping to become permanent.

That is a busy park, and I'm not sure it's safe to put an 18 hole DG course in it. Definitely not 4.5 worthy.
That is the future of DG.
No baskets, no pads, and PPV coverage only.
This is how we will grow the sport.
Without baskets or designated tee pads, you can drop a course of anywhere.
The possibilities are ample, instead of discs we can use: baseballs, eggs, tomatoes, your brothers left shoe......you get it.

kyflash, I love your creative verve and open mindedness! We can create new rules and new games. Why not! Frankly though, a few of your suggestions don't seem too realistic... Baseballs probably have too much roll-away factor and could be dangerous to unwitting noggins as they are quite dense... Eggs? Come one, that's silly, even if they're hard boiled... Maybe tomatoes have some merit? Sack-o-tomatoes golf? In a match each participant totes their own sack and numbers of each are verified... If you run out of usable tomatoes you're out of luck! I can see the strategy developing now; sacrifice the long bombs, lay-up into soft grass, soft-rollers like lawn bowling? But I think your best idea is Your-Brother's-Left-Shoe golf! Shoes would hold up pretty well for a while and different throws could be developed over time depending on model; custom shoe-string assemblies to swing-and-fling, leverage off the heal, toe-fling? Possibilities are endless! Could be good for putting? Only real problem I see is that this sport would be discriminatory to those that don't have a brother or those who have trouble accessing (stealing) one of their left shoes... Right-shoes strictly forbidden...

That is the future of DG.
No baskets, no pads, and PPV coverage only.
This is how we will grow the sport.
Without baskets or designated tee pads, you can drop a course of anywhere.
The possibilities are ample, instead of discs we can use: baseballs, eggs, tomatoes, your brothers left shoe......you get it.

I get it, lol.

I don't have an issue with object courses, when I started playing, courses with baskets in my area were few and far between. We made object courses in a variety of places that had the available space, and it was a ton of fun. We were new to the game and didn't care. Now I've become spoiled and prefer baskets. Bottom line though, I would never give one of our object courses a 4.5 disc review.

I can see the tournament conversations now:

"Duuuuude, do we throw to the maple or the oak?"
"I donno brah I thought on hole 4 we were teeing off from behind the boulder not the stump."
"Nah man that putt doesn't count cause you hit the telephone pole 12' up not 4' up."

Good times.

The entirety of the review: smdh

Times Played 1 Played On 10/10/2020 Review Date10/10/2020 Review By: daim1992
Played: 6 Reviewed: 1
0 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: A lot of work has gone into this place I love it
Cons: Don't come to play unless u ready for a good hike workout

0 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Send a Private Message Send PM - Follow this Reviewer - Report this Review

from reneecwest for menagha dgc in menagha mn

3/5

Pros: Variety of throws. Some trees, some open. Some up throws and some down. Good flow and signage. All mowed and big trees. Huge property
Cons: Not quite done yet. 12 holes only. Seems big enough to have full 18

from reneecwest for menagha dgc in menagha mn

3/5

Pros: Variety of throws. Some trees, some open. Some up throws and some down. Good flow and signage. All mowed and big trees. Huge property
Cons: Not quite done yet. 12 holes only. Seems big enough to have full 18

I see you've played it. What's it's actual rating?

EDIT: it's in MN, so of course you played it.

I am so thankful for this thread...

... and the remaining few others that haven't devolved into garbage!

You mean courses are too gimmicky now and making baskets smaller would probably eliminate racism? If you could point me somewhere that talks about these issues you'd really be doing me a solid.