• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bad/Homer Course Reviews

eh... probably just a group of Udisc users that went to the course together

What? Statements like "Tee sign distances are misleading" aren't the insights you're looking for???

I did get a bit of a smile from "If somebody could open one of these closer to my house, that would be great......thanks."

And one of these guys REALLY likes the pro shop.

So all in all, I think DGCR did it's job today.

...smh

There needs to be a feature that keeps reviews locked until course pics are posted...

i get where you're coming from but disagree. depending on the reviewer, words can be very helpful. it's on us if we trust the word of an unknown, first-time reviewer.

i have liked the feature that locks reviews until the course installation is complete. but according to whom is the problem sometimes with that.

It's funny that this thread got my attention as I'm looking at some of the reviews of local courses I haven't played yet. I noticed that some local businesses have done reviews of courses that are either close to them or they even helped design.

One business doesn't seem to have inflated their scores too much - about .5 above the average on the few reviews they have done. However, I noticed another course that was installed last year has a review by the store right next to it that has it down as a 4.5, adding that "once it's complete it will be a 5." The course only has 3 reviews, one being a drive by, and they are all over the place (1, 3.5, 4.5), but I feel like it's at least a little distasteful to rate your own course if you're going to inflate the score. Maybe the course is actually that good, but the business didn't elaborate much in their review on their reasoning, or how the course plays.

Most of my reviews are of courses close to me and that I have played a good amount/will play a good amount, but I at least try to be reasonable with my scores. I loved White Birch in Hazelwood, MO., but I also know it's far from a 5 or a 4.

I loved White Birch in Hazelwood, MO., but I also know it's far from a 5 or a 4.

The course has a 2.68 average with only 3 reviews after 2015 and none of them are 4's or 5's. The last high review (4.5) was from 2012. I'm not sure what your gripe is.

The course has a 2.68 average with only 3 reviews after 2015 and none of them are 4's or 5's. The last high review (4.5) was from 2012. I'm not sure what your gripe is.

Sorry for not clarifying. I meant to use White Birch as an example of a course that is fun, but not worthy of a high rating.

The course I am referencing in regards to local businesses/designers rating high is Clinton Hills in Swansea, which has a high review from Van Man Disc Golf. Gateway has done a few reviews in the past, but I don't think those were as obviously inflated.

Emmitsburg Community Park (clicky) has 3 straight 4.0 reviews from first-time reviewers. The only other review is a 2.0. :\

Fun little woodsy course with plenty of wildlife, but when I played there a few months ago it was a work in progress with maybe 3.0 to 3.5 potential. The Appalachian foothills make a lovely backdrop, but unfortunately the actual course is mostly flat and swampy in places.

I need to get back up there. Perhaps the improvements have been spectacular! ;)

Rally the troops

Emmitsburg Community Park (clicky) has 3 straight 4.0 reviews from first-time reviewers. The only other review is a 2.0. :\

Fun little woodsy course with plenty of wildlife, but when I played there a few months ago it was a work in progress with maybe 3.0 to 3.5 potential. The Appalachian foothills make a lovely backdrop, but unfortunately the actual course is mostly flat and swampy in places.

I need to get back up there. Perhaps the improvements have been spectacular! ;)

There was a local "rally the troops" call to write reviews to offset the accurate 2.0 review.

I've played the course a couple times - spring, then fall. I'll probably do a review this summer, as the course does continue to improve. But there is only so much one can do with dead flat, swampish-prone land - I'm more interested to see how much of the pinball areas have been removed, and the final tees.

That course has been on YouTube tournament coverage, featuring Kevin Jones, Nathan Queen, Andrew Presnell, and a few others. Looked good from what I could tell, though it was pretty much all wide-open, doubt it's actually worthy of a 5 in person.

Speaking of a drive by.....

He clearly wasn't expressing a gripe. What's your problem?

i'm sure if Tyler can let it go, we can all let it go

Sorry for not clarifying. I meant to use White Birch as an example of a course that is fun, but not worthy of a high rating.

The course I am referencing in regards to local businesses/designers rating high is Clinton Hills in Swansea, which has a high review from Van Man Disc Golf. Gateway has done a few reviews in the past, but I don't think those were as obviously inflated.

I didn't think you needed to clarify, it was pretty clear you were just giving an example. <thumbs up emoji>

Latest posts