• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag building challenge

Sure nuff, I misread the numbers. Warrant is actually 1.2 according to Infinite Discs. When I checked the numbers for the EMac I saw a 1.2 and thought I was good, but that's the EMac's rim depth.

Let me try again.

Mids: X and Z Comet, Ti and ESP Buzzz.

PDGA has Warrant at 1.4. I think Infinite messes up the numbers sometimes.

But Comet-Buzzz is pretty perfect combo. I was throwing Buzzzes, but I felt like the gap between how thick those rims were compared to my fairways was too big.

Makes sense. I bag a Truth and a Warrant, and they feel the same to me.

It's not clear why I care about exact rim widths, but I do. Especially since I'm not even sure the PDGA measurements are exactly correct. And I doubt I can tell the difference between 1.4 and 1.5.

Hmmm I'll give it a shot. Kinda interesting looking at all the rim widths, as some have mentioned:

1.0:
Wizard for putts and approaches

1.2:
Z Buzzz (or two, one more beat and one fresh)
Z or X Comet
Ti or Z or ESP Zone

1.7:
Star Teebird
(could have thrown a Relay in here, as it has the same rim width and could replace my 1.6 width Leopard; but I can only have 9 molds...)

1.9:
Champ Firebird
Star and Champ Valkyrie
Champ Thunderbird

2.4 (I'm considering "warp" speed a different class)
Z Crank for max forehand drives

Putter: Soft Proxy
Tween: ESP Zone + Z Comet
Slow Fairway/Fast Mid: K1 Kaxe + Z Glide
Fairway: Proton & Plasma Craves + Opto Maul
Distance: C-Line and G-Line PDs

I had to forgo the bonus points, but this is my bag as is. I didn't realize until this exercise that my discs already matched rim widths.

Strangely, the Buzzz and Buzzz OS have different rim widths (1.2 v. 1.3).

I don't know anything about RDG. What are the Scale and Serpent like?

Not according to Discraft, they don't. I assume you are getting your information from the PDGA website? They actually measure when the discs are submitted, so they will likely be more trustworthy. I would replace them then with a KC Pro Roc and a DC Vroc, which do have the same rim width albeit a very different rim feel.

Scale is overstable with very little glide (not a total brick, and some glide can be beaten into it, but not much) but not as crazy overstable as a Harp or Zone. The Serpent has more glide and is very straight. Resistant to turn/wind but easy to shape. Scale has a Wizard rim (beaded) and Serpent has a Magic rim (not beaded)

Not according to Discraft, they don't. I assume you are getting your information from the PDGA website? They actually measure when the discs are submitted, so they will likely be more trustworthy. I would replace them then with a KC Pro Roc and a DC Vroc, which do have the same rim width albeit a very different rim feel.

Scale is overstable with very little glide (not a total brick, and some glide can be beaten into it, but not much) but not as crazy overstable as a Harp or Zone. The Serpent has more glide and is very straight. Resistant to turn/wind but easy to shape. Scale has a Wizard rim (beaded) and Serpent has a Magic rim (not beaded)

Yeah, my info is per PDGA. I'll look into the Scale and Serpent. Sound interesting.

Hmmm I'll give it a shot. Kinda interesting looking at all the rim widths, as some have mentioned:

1.0:
Wizard for putts and approaches

1.2:
Z Buzzz (or two, one more beat and one fresh)
Z or X Comet
Ti or Z or ESP Zone

1.7:
Star Teebird
(could have thrown a Relay in here, as it has the same rim width and could replace my 1.6 width Leopard; but I can only have 9 molds...)

1.9:
Champ Firebird
Star and Champ Valkyrie
Champ Thunderbird

2.4 (I'm considering "warp" speed a different class)
Z Crank for max forehand drives

Original challenge was for only 4 categories plus putting putter and 2 molds per catetory. But this is s good bag.

Putting Putter: JK Aviars
Throwing Putter: Nova and Stud
Mids: Champ and KC Pro Rocs
Fairways: Champ/Star FireBirds and Champ ThunderBirds
Distance: Star Destroyers.

How quickly is someone going to comment that it is the easiest bag setup ever.

Putting Putter: JK Aviars
Throwing Putter: Nova and Stud
Mids: Champ and KC Pro Rocs
Fairways: Champ/Star FireBirds and Champ ThunderBirds
Distance: Star Destroyers.

How quickly is someone going to comment that it is the easiest bag setup ever.

Damn easy. But for me there isn't a turnover fairway in there.

This is close to what I had at one time, but with Buzzzes instead of Rocs. There's a big gap between those rims (1.2 to 1.9), and I went looking for something to fill the gap.

Putting Putter: Anode
Throwing Putter: Anode and Ion
Mids: Tangent and Alias
Fairways: Telsa and Volt
Distance: Nitro

Only used eight slots out of nine because my bag needs to grow a little after losing several key discs this month. :doh:

Having fairways and control drivers is cheating, but that's a good bag. Does a fresh Opto Saint Pro hold up to wind?

I'm sorry, bag building is like religion to me, rules don't apply. :D
I'll remove my Flows and use the Saint Pro's as DDs (easier to get to 330').

Mine is Pop-top and flies almost identical to my Opto Culverin (replaced it in the bag today after some testing). Will gain som turn in a headwind but I feel that a hyzer release can counter it.
Have to do more testing in strong headwinds. Maybe I'll have to buy a Firebird, or just throw my Avery Teebird.

Putting Putter : N Proxy

Driving Putters: Soft N Envy, Plasma Proxy

Mids: N Alias, Plasma Theory

Fairways: N Crave, N Resistor

Drivers : P Insanity, N Wrath

I usually only carry the Theory as my mid and don't carry the Wrath, but I have carried this bag before.

Super easy, I already do this but without the plastic/disc limitations.

Putting Putter:Legacy Protege Clutch

Driving Putters: Legacy Icon Clutch, Vibram Firm V.P.

Mids: Elite X Discraft Comet, Legacy Pinnacle Ghost

Fairways: Legacy Pinnacle Rival, RDG Armor Tyrant

Drivers: Innova Star Wraith, Discraft Elite Z Crush

Of course the less stable of each category would be worked in and maybe a few grams off max weight.

Original challenge was for only 4 categories plus putting putter and 2 molds per catetory. But this is s good bag.

Okay, too confusing or I'm not OCD enough. I'm not sure the categories make sense with how I play.

But...

-Wizard (RFF or Soft)

"Tweeners" - 1.2
-Buzzz (max weight fresh Z & slightly lighter worn Z)
-Comet (X or less overstable Z) OR Zone (1 Ti, Z, or ESP is fine) depending on wind and course

"Mids" - 1.7
-Star Teebird
-Neutron Relay

"Fairways" - 1.9
-Firebird (1 max weight champ, and then maybe a star or DX just cuz)
-Valkyrie (1 flippier champ or star, and 1 more overstable champ/star)

"Drivers" - 2.5
-Nuke (max weight high PLH Z)
-Katana (one good not-too-flippy Champ will suffice)

I'm sorry, bag building is like religion to me, rules don't apply. :D
I'll remove my Flows and use the Saint Pro's as DDs (easier to get to 330').

Mine is Pop-top and flies almost identical to my Opto Culverin (replaced it in the bag today after some testing). Will gain som turn in a headwind but I feel that a hyzer release can counter it.
Have to do more testing in strong headwinds. Maybe I'll have to buy a Firebird, or just throw my Avery Teebird.

Saint Pro does seem like a mold that could cover all fairway duties if you find one to use in wind. Good to know it's possible.

Here we go:

Putting D-P2
Throwers 2x D-P2 & 2x S-P2
Mids P-MD3, S-MD3, C-MD3, Glow-MD3
Fairways 2 x S-PD & 2x C-PD
Drivers PD2s

That is just simple.

Lähetetty minun ONEPLUS A3003 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Here we go:

Putting D-P2
Throwers 2x D-P2 & 2x S-P2
Mids P-MD3, S-MD3, C-MD3, Glow-MD3
Fairways 2 x S-PD & 2x C-PD
Drivers PD2s

That is just simple.

Lähetetty minun ONEPLUS A3003 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

That is perfectly simple. MD3 seems like another mold that can cover all duties.

Latest posts