• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Basket Stolen at North Asheboro, NC

BrotherDave

Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
From hole 2, sometime last week. Just cut the lock and pulled it right out. They replaced it with the practice basket nobody really used, thankfully. So, if anybody runs across any DGA mach 3's in the area, let me know.

Played there Memorial Day and it was gone and replaced with a stick and a white rag tied to the top. I got a 2 after hitting the stick. We played there and then played 2 rds at Creekside, blues then whites. Two neat courses pretty close to each other. Nice day trip from Southside VA.

My best guess it that it has been taken to a scrap yard by now. :(

So hole 10 was stolen a few months ago, replaced, and now somebody has stolen it. AGAIN. That's 3 baskets in 2 years.

Somebody is making their own private course or something. So pissed off right now.

Video cameras plus tarring and feathering is the solution.

Maybe there are few soccer players with new barbecue grills? That's where my money's at. :D

I'm not sure what they actually used, but I contacted Fate, TX parks and rec about a basket that was loose in the ground, and didn't have a lock on it about a month ago. They came out, re-set the base and put some sort of locking device on the basket that didn't look like it could be tampered with too easily. More concrete, better locks I think are in order. Springfield Park in Rowlett also did the same, they re set all of their baskets deeper to keep them after all 9 were stolen a while back.

very ****ty ...i have always enjoyed most of this course... kinda crazy because the houses all around ... you would think someone might have seen something ... one of my biggest fears for my course.... i got a team of Pit Bulls , AK 47s and a guy walking around that looks like Mr T watching mine ..along with a few well placed Game cams ... guys that do this suck!