• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

baskets stolen at saddle hills??

dreadlock86

course bagger
Diamond level trusted reviewer
i just heard that 6 baskets were stolen at saddle hills. anyone heard anything about this and know if it is true? i was planning on heading there tomorrow.

first i had heard of it... i really hope not that course was getting really nice now that the back 9 are coming in.

i really hope it's not the case but a friend of a friend said he was there yesterday and 6 baskets were gone. i'd like to believe there is an explanation other than theft but it is probably just wishful thinking.

maybe they were still working on that part of the course they just took them out to make adjustments to them... maybe

anyone else have any info on this? hoping to find out something more concrete before tomorrow.

I played in Rockwall today (awesome as usual). The group behind us had a boom box (or something similar) playing loud enough for us to hear it ahead of them. I like music as much as anyone, but the disc golf course isn't the place. Certainly not if in a neighborhood like Saddle Hills.

Hopefully not because of DGers! We, in Charlotte NC, just installed another new course today. Our initial hole #1 was within whispering distance of a tot lot and elementary school. But what do many DGers do while waithing for their buds? They pop a fliptop tab, talk trash, or do other activities. We realigned/renumbered the course so the nanny complaints could be minimized (didn't want complaints to jeopardize our work). Never want the inappropriate actions of a few to have a course pulled!

we need dye packed baskets that explode purple dye all over thieves when they putt on stolen baskets.

Saddle Hills cleanup tomorrow at noon!!!

The city pulled the baskets on 4 of the holes because they were deemed hazards & will stay that way until they are cleaned up. So there is going to be a clean up @ Saddle Hills at Noon. Basically all the small stumps and any other tripping hazards must be cleared before they put the baskets back. They also said hole 4 wouldn't get it's basket back until there were steps. So all of those that can come out to saddle hills and help us get out baskets back.

The city pulled the baskets on 4 of the holes because they were deemed hazards & will stay that way until they are cleaned up. So there is going to be a clean up @ Saddle Hills at Noon. Basically all the small stumps and any other tripping hazards must be cleared before they put the baskets back. They also said hole 4 wouldn't get it's basket back until there were steps. So all of those that can come out to saddle hills and help us get out baskets back.

I'm glad this wasn't a neighbor problem. Saddle Hills is my favorite 9 hole course and I'm looking forward to getting to the other side of the metroplex to play it as 18.

As an old guy with arthritis in one of my big toes... thanks for removing the stumps. I wish I could be there, but I played all day today and my bride is my supervisor for home repair tomorrow.

6 of the baskets are pulled and hole 4 is not one of them.

6, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14 are pulled.

I'm glad this wasn't a neighbor problem. Saddle Hills is my favorite 9 hole course and I'm looking forward to getting to the other side of the metroplex to play it as 18.

you will not be disappointed!!

Latest posts