• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

whats up with the lack of Waco thread

2naphish

Birdie Member
i nave come here a few times in the past 3 days or so to see discussions AKA opinions on the Waco 2024 tour stop. i'm not seeing anything, should i be boycotting this tournament for some political statement or another reason? i got really excited for Nate Sextons / Ricky W's play and of course the dramatic finish that i will be watching tomorrow (i hope). just wondering where this site is heading.

i nave come here a few times in the past 3 days or so to see discussions AKA opinions on the Waco 2024 tour stop. i'm not seeing anything, should i be boycotting this tournament for some political statement or another reason? i got really excited for Nate Sextons / Ricky W's play and of course the dramatic finish that i will be watching tomorrow (i hope). just wondering where this site is heading.
Judging by things like the lack of talk about the big event of the week it may have already arrived there.

I was looking for a Waco tread all week but did not have the time to start one up.

But interesting leaderboard...not only at the top. . but more that alot of big names in both FPO and MPO was WAY down the leaderbord that did not even make the cut

I was at a tournament on Sat and there was NO talk of Waco. The award/raffle, which ran WAY too long and late was in a brewery. They had the end of live and then Jomez rd 1 on with nearly nobody paying attention. Maybe the problem is not a forum?

It's as simple as no one took the time to create a thread for WACO 2024.

This is a user driven site. We provide the content. If you want to see a thread on a topic, and that thread doesn't already exist, then start one.

... but please take a few minutes to search and make good faith effort to ensure the thread you want doesn't already exist. Conversations get hard to follow when there's multiple threads on the same topic.

The Lake Waco course was added to be a money maker for the DGPT. They wanted to get a couple hundred extra people to line a bolf course and collect a few bucks from them.
Meanwhile they are trying to sell us on paying good money to watch their TV feed of a bolf course that replaced perhaps the most iconic finishing holes in the sport.

The Lake Waco course was added to be a money maker for the DGPT. They wanted to get a couple hundred extra people to line a bolf course and collect a few bucks from them.
Meanwhile they are trying to sell us on paying good money to watch their TV feed of a bolf course that replaced perhaps the most iconic finishing holes in the sport.
And not to mention that they took old 15 (fence, road, electric box) out and left the old 16 in.
The only reason you previously played the old 16 was to get from 15 to 17 and 18. It was no more than a filler hole.
I do however like the new to this year 16 but not he renumbered 15 that had been 16.
They said that the old 15 (fence, road, electric box) have become home to "vendor ally".
Could have done that on old 16 and had much more room.

UDisc had a lot of event info available ahead of time w/ the registration lists, hole maps/caddy book info, tee times etc.. which helped drive some of the pre-event discussion when new courses/hole changes were added or who was playing certain events.

DGPT, PDGA event page, & PDGA live (w/ stats) still lacks most of that in a easy to view format. The PDGA Live event page doesn't get established until the day of the event starting these days (triggered by Tournament Manager somehow?). I think DGPT has a ways to go to replace the utility that UDisc had for fans seeking to follow along with the event results and look at the course information & different stats as the rounds are in progress from linked pages.

Relying on the player/Jomez practice rounds to analyze the course leaves fans reliant on those videos and they didn't get released till the day before the event (front 9). Maybe with the short commute to Austin for next weekend we will see those released earlier to see the changes to that 'Open at Austin' course.

na yall got it all wrong

brutus used to fire all these tourney threads off and we got spoiled

then brutus stopped and no one stepped up
He was always on top of things with that.
Miss that damned buckey fan.

And not to mention that they took old 15 (fence, road, electric box) out and left the old 16 in.
The only reason you previously played the old 16 was to get from 15 to 17 and 18. It was no more than a filler hole.
I do however like the new to this year 16 but not he renumbered 15 that had been 16.
They said that the old 15 (fence, road, electric box) have become home to "vendor ally".
Could have done that on old 16 and had much more room.
Old 15 was horrible viewing imo. I would rather watch holes on a golf course than holes with a road bordering either side of the fairway. In general I don't like golf course disc golf either but they managed to generate some interest with Holes 17 and 18 at Lake Waco. Some of the earlier holes were less than aesthetically pleasing though.

Hole 15 ran between the two parking area entrances, so they pretty much had to use it. The logistics of parking and foot traffic really forced that choice IMO. That being said, it made for a nice walk-around to have those changes. You could see a lot more action without being crowded in there.

Hmmm.... Lake Waco was hardly a bolf course. It turned out to be a pretty awesome course with all kinds of shots, not just power bomb hyzers. The finish was epic and worth every cent I paid to DGTV to watch. It was a 100% win for DGPT and for the fans who attended and watched online.

I didn't mind Laco as much compared to some of the other ball golf courses on tour.

It was nice seeing some different faces on the top couple cards. Can't complain when the win comes down to the last hole. Just sucks seeing somebody run away with it and the last 9 holes not meaning anything.

The raised teeboxes were quite short on the golf course. There were some awkward looking runups as quite a few were placed on upward slopes.

Latest posts