• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BCS Survey

khmer

Birdie Member
I am conducting a survey for class. Please take the time to provide feedback regarding my business concept. Your input will truly be utilized in reviewing the feasibility of the concept. Please be honest with your feedback, even if you feel the idea is not feasible. I am seeking candid and substantive comments only to help me review the viability of the business concept. Thank you in advance for your response!

Business Concept Statement

Product and Service
Discgolflife.com is a disc golf superstore geared toward the rapidly growing community of disc golfers. Discgolflife.com will have an online presence with a storefront located in United States. The products and services being provided are for the booming sport of disc golf. Products include but not limited to discs, clothing, bags, baskets and videos. Services include but not limited to short complimentary instructional videos, DVD's, custom dye, videos games on our website, local, state, regional, and national tournaments, and charity events.

Target Market
Target market Include: late teens 16-19 years old with an annual income of less than six thousand, in school, and living with parents. Post college adults 22-30 years old with an annual income ranging twenty to fifty thousand, not married or married but no children, and are working full time. The family person 25-50 years old with an annual income ranging twenty-four to eighty thousand, both married and not married, has children, and work full time.

Benefits of Product and Services
Disc golf life will carry a wide variety of products to enhance the disc golfer's experience. Different disc for disc drives; golfers do not want to be throwing a putter on all your drives. Different colors discs will help express individuality; having all the same color disc gets boring. Different weight will help achieve distance, control, and accuracy; this is important on every throw because every throw counts. Different carrying capacity to accommodate all discs so that way players are ready for whatever the course demands. Storage capacity to store snacks, marker, pencils, clothes, and bug spray; the golfer can be prepared for anything. Wallet and key compartment so players know exactly where they are and do not have to worry about losing them. Different color bags so competitors can have your favorite color. Nominal shipping fee will allow golfers to save money or grab another favorite disc. The 30 day return policy allows competitors to make sure it is the disc they wanted, along with the color and weight because we all change our minds now and then. All products will sold online, storefront, and at sponsored tournaments

Management Team
Amoni is the founding entrepreneur and owner of "Discgolflife.com. Amoni has enthusiasm and a passion for the sport of disc golf since discovering it October 2009. He has the desire to share his love of the sport with anyone around him. Amoni's education includes an Associate's Degree of Applied Science in Business Administration with an Entrepreneurship Focus from Eveyday Community College. He will then obtain his Bachelor of Arts in Professional Studies in Business with a Marketing Emphases from Your College in summer 2012. Disc Golf Life will add employees as the company grows. The first two employees will be an administrative assistant and a sales expert.

Here's the feedback form. Please copy, paste your response to microsoft word then email ([email protected]) as an attachment or pm. Sorry I could not make this anymore convenient for you but I am pressing for time. Please disregard this survey after Feb. 4, 2011. Again, thank you for your help!

Feedback Submitted By: __________________________________
Date: __________________________________

Three things you LIKE about the business concept are:

Three suggestions to consider for making it better are:

Scale

1 (Business idea isn't feasible)
3 (Business idea may or may not be fesible)
5 (Business idea is feasible)

Can I ask why your targeted demographic skips over the college-aged population? Despite the notions of poor college students, there are still well-funded college students and other college-aged individuals with disposable incomes that could be a good customer base.

Yeah, you'll lose a ton of money having people constantly return discs because they couldn't throw it 500 ft.

Plastic is a piece of plastic. It can't really malfunction. Returns should only be new/unthrown discs.

Otherwise, it sounds good. I wish you luck. I wish it was a real store, in fact.

bcr123psu said:
Can I ask why your targeted demographic skips over the college-aged population? Despite the notions of poor college students, there are still well-funded college students and other college-aged individuals with disposable incomes that could be a good customer base.

Thank you! I will look into it more now that have shed light on this.

Ryan C said:
Yeah, you'll lose a ton of money having people constantly return discs because they couldn't throw it 500 ft.

Plastic is a piece of plastic. It can't really malfunction. Returns should only be new/unthrown discs.

Otherwise, it sounds good. I wish you luck. I wish it was a real store, in fact.

I guess I should of made this more clearer. What you said, is what I intended to say, which is "Returns on new and unthrown discs"

Thank You!