• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Beadless OS mids

Don't know if anyone has said it yet, but Pro Pig or stiff R-Pro Pig. "Technically" its a putter, but in all honesty its a lower speed mid range. I use mine a lot. Pretty overstable, and can be used for all sorts of "get out of trouble" situations. It also forehands nicely and can be used off the tee effeciently. I have two aces with my pro pig, so I reccomend it. For something that is just barely OS try a Neutron Vector. Very straight, will fight wind and won't flip on you. Very long as well. The overmold gives it a slight beaded feel, however.

I'm pretty sure onemilemore has thrown the Vector, plus it's not beadless. And it's not that beefy. To be honest, my Vector has been sitting in the bag since I got the Zone.

The one caution I would give about the Zone is that it loves to skip. I'm not sure if that's because mine's ESP, but it's something to keep in mind.

viper.
Gonna try one myself.

The Viper might be one of the most underrated discs out there, IMO.

I think you'll really like it, especially as it beats in. It goes dead straight, then fades hard. Very reliable disc.

I'm actually thinking about putting the Viper back in my bag.

I'm pretty sure onemilemore has thrown the Vector, plus it's not beadless. And it's not that beefy. To be honest, my Vector has been sitting in the bag since I got the Zone.

The one caution I would give about the Zone is that it loves to skip. I'm not sure if that's because mine's ESP, but it's something to keep in mind.

I didn't care for the Vector. A lot faster out of the hand than I wanted. And the bead was a bit larger than I care for.

ZONE!!!
(I have one in the garage for you to check out if you want)

And it is now in my bag. Thanks to Um... for the sweet trade. The Z Zone is tastycakes.

I think it's funny now to hear people considering a Viper for midrange duties. When I started playing, it held the distance record. It was the biggest, baddest driver out there. Noobs were laughed at when they purchased one thinking they would get instant distance. I haven't thrown one since about 1999, now I'm tempted to get one...

+1 - try out the Hornet and Zone. Both are beadless and pretty OS (the Zone moreso than the Hornet).

Hornet will be beefier and has no bead. A Drone or Zone will also be much more OS and have no bead.

+1 - try out the Hornet and Zone. Both are beadless and pretty OS (the Zone moreso than the Hornet).

The Hornet is NOT beadless. It most definitely has a bead (it's even odd compared to other beads). Bumping old threads to spread bad information...and so the ME behavior begins...

Last edited:
a lack of understand as to what a bead is.

8619295207_5f3f4ccc8c_m.jpg

see that added bump at the bottom?

I think it's funny now to hear people considering a Viper for midrange duties. When I started playing, it held the distance record. It was the biggest, baddest driver out there. Noobs were laughed at when they purchased one thinking they would get instant distance. I haven't thrown one since about 1999, now I'm tempted to get one...

Yup! My good friend at the time Peter Albers broke the record with a 169 gram Viper here in San Diego at WFDF. I don't think it should be in the mategory, more like a nairway driver.

I endorse the Star Cro, as a few others have. Its smaller diameter might also give you the confidence in tighter shots through the trees. It's a versatile disc. I wasn't big on it at first until I found it's role. I use it a lot now.

I'm sure the other suggestions are good too. But the Cro is all I know that fits this category well.

Latest posts