• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Being the Rule Nazi?

^^^
THIS!

When I used to referee we called this "preventive officiating" and it is considered very good practice. Tell the second baseman that you noticed in warmups he was dragging his foot across the base BEFORE catching the ball when turning a double play. Let the left tackle know between plays that the linesman says he flexes back a little far and he's dangerously close to being not on the line of scrimmage. I'd do the same in a tournament... talk to him BEFORE he ever actually broke the rule.

This is the best way to handle it. :thmbup:

The worst way is to not say anything at all.

There is a guy I mentioned in another thread who calls rules all of the time, many are wrong or misinterpreted and he breaks real rules every 2-3 holes. he is a proud rules Nazi

In one game he: Played out of order, shook a tree infront of me while I was putting, talked loudly during a game altering putt, refused to look for another players lost disc, started his run up at his marker, stood beside his marker, played the casual relief rule incorrectly.
Simpletwist's wife played in a tournament with this player and left after the first round when she found out she would be on his card again.

i don't blame her. I don't even know the guy and i feel like finding out who it is so we can force-ably remove all discs from his possession.

There is a guy I mentioned in another thread who calls rules all of the time, many are wrong or misinterpreted and he breaks real rules every 2-3 holes. he is a proud rules Nazi

In one game he: Played out of order, shook a tree infront of me while I was putting, talked loudly during a game altering putt, refused to look for another players lost disc, started his run up at his marker, stood beside his marker, played the casual relief rule incorrectly.
Simpletwist's wife played in a tournament with this player and left after the first round when she found out she would be on his card again.

I think this demonstrates the difference between the guy who calls rules becasue he wants to make you aware of them and the person who calls rules so that he appears to be really smart even though he isn't.

I think this demonstrates the difference between the guy who calls rules becasue he wants to make you aware of them and the person who calls rules so that he appears to be really smart even though he isn't.
And it screams for an arrangement of hole assignments in which the guy who calls the rules because he knows them and wants to make you aware of them is grouped with the person who calls rules (and non-rules) so that he appears to be smart while at the same time breaking and mis-using rules left and right.

I'll be honest, I'd relish a round with the guy prerube describes and would sacrifice playing on the card I belong on score-wise to play a second round with him. If for no other reason than to try to curb the behavior that drives off the likes of simpletwist's wife. That's just unacceptable in my opinion. I don't blame her in the least for not wanting to deal with that, but I wouldn't want him to have that kind of power if I could help it.

Calling people is really tough and I have actually never done it, I always instead give my own warning which is less abrasive. Never got a bad reaction that way.

we/ i did at the dragan tourny. remember, the one group said they threw 4 it was 5... on the very first hole.

Latest posts