• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best 9 Hole Course in the US

E_Rock25

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I just played a course called Brickyard in Menomonie, Wi over the weekend and it rivals most of the courses I have ever played. I ranced it as high as BRP which is in the top five.

Read my review and the course info, then tell me what you think the best 9 holer is?

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=716&mode=rev

By the way I know this topic has been cover once befor but I wanted to start a fresh one. The old one hasn't had any posts for over a year.

I think Brickyard is up there. I'm going to toss a new 9-hole disc golf course on a ball golf course in there once it opens next week with three different tees per hole. With the amenities that the Brickyard doesn't have like carts, clubhouse and pub, the experience there might be just as good overall.

Check out this Brickyard Ace:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgThmQbjVMw

I think Brickyard is up there. I'm going to toss a new 9-hole disc golf course on a ball golf course in there once it opens next week with three different tees per hole. With the amenities that the Brickyard doesn't have like carts, clubhouse and pub, the experience there might be just as good overall.

Where is that going in?

Plainview, MN

Nice, I will have to give it a try. I have a hard time believing the land could be better than Brickyard but I know you know your courses so I will deffinatly check it out.

By the way what did you think of Somerset DGC in Wi. That is my home course and I help with the design work out there?

Brickyard is a really fun course, especially if they're maintaining it better than they were when I played it. I'm not sure it stacks up against the best 18s I've played, but I would choose it over a lot of the mediocre and decent ones.

I don't think I played Somerset once baskets went in. I was just there for two design tweak walk-thrus and influenced some holes there now. My sense was it felt a little jammed in. I'm glad it has the chance to go 18 and use the other property.

The terrain at the DG-on-BG course will not have the natural feel and challenge of the Brickyard but will compensate with its length and amenities for an overall good experience. If disc golf takes off there, I have some ideas up my sleeve for improvemenets if the owner goes for it.

I think Brickyard has better variety then BRP. Maybe not as long but its got elevation and its not just tunnel shot after tunnel shot. I need to play more courses on the top ten to really be able to figure out how it stacks up but it is way up at the top of the list of courses I have played.

The three tees per 9 holes Bulldog Run DGC will open soon on five holes of the Piper Hills ball golf course. Cost will range from free to walk and play 9 holes at certain times up to $14 for cart and play all 27 tees at certain times. I'll post when it's open. You can also stop in at the Rochester Indoor Golf Center for details since the Piper Hills owner owns that, too.

Hardcore D-Ville. Best haunted 9 hole course in the US.

One great 9-hole course I have played is Prince Gallitzen Park DGC in central Pennsylvania. It was a very fun course with a couple fairly tough par 4s and a lot of fun par 3s.

I just played a course called Brickyard in Menomonie, Wi over the weekend and it rivals most of the courses I have ever played. I ranced it as high as BRP which is in the top five.

Read my review and the course info, then tell me what you think the best 9 holer is?

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=716&mode=rev

By the way I know this topic has been cover once befor but I wanted to start a fresh one. The old one hasn't had any posts for over a year.

Parque de la raza is the best 9 holer I have played as of yet. It is located in San Jose, CA by hellyer dgc. It is extremely challenging w/ multiple pin placements. Feel free to check out the reviews on there as well. ;)

Adler Park is a very fun 9 holer. it has 9 cement tee pads and then the marked (natural/unnatural) red and blue tees. so its 27 holes that are very different. and some of the old timers have shown me what the old 18 hole layout looked like. i wish i couldve played it.

The Brickyard does sound impressive. Around here (D.C.) I'd recommend Bluemont in Arlington VA. Three tees and up to four pin positions per hole, this one probably does the best job of maximizing a limited amount of property. Several holes have permanent blue baskets in the long (D) positions, eventually they all probably will.

top two in my neck of the woods are Lake piru and pine valley. I have played 90 percent of the courses in southern california and these two are the top 2 9 holers in my opinion.

the tulsa area has the best scene in oklahoma including some of the best 9 hole courses ive ever played. Bristow dgc- excellent 9 holes. sapulpa, ok has a tough 9'er designed by kevin mcCoy, the best ive ever played. and the Mack taylor 9'er on the north west side of the Tulsa is awesome.

Latest posts