• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best 9 Hole Course in the US

Everyone has mentioned multiple tees per hole or multiple pin placements per hole, but you're missing the point - Brickyard has two amazing and different concrete tees per hole, as well as two amazing and different permanent pins per hole! You can play 36 AWESOME holes on a SMALL piece of land with OUTRAGEOUS topography and natural features!

Yes, brickyard is up there with the best courses, at least in WI. It is a solid 4-disc course and only got knocked down by me, based on my opinions, for not having absolute balance and variety with some wide open ripper holes, more use of OB, better permanent water hazards, par 4/5 holes, and the fact that you still don't get an entirely unique hole experience playing from two tees to two permanent baskets if you utilize 50-90% of the same fairways and greens. Playing to the pins from a completely different location/direction would give you a unique hole except the green (but it causes traffic issues)

Everyone has mentioned multiple tees per hole or multiple pin placements per hole, but you're missing the point - Brickyard has two amazing and different concrete tees per hole, as well as two amazing and different permanent pins per hole! You can play 36 AWESOME holes on a SMALL piece of land with OUTRAGEOUS topography and natural features!

Yes, brickyard is up there with the best courses, at least in WI. It is a solid 4-disc course and only got knocked down by me, based on my opinions, for not having absolute balance and variety with some wide open ripper holes, more use of OB, better permanent water hazards, par 4/5 holes, and the fact that you still don't get an entirely unique hole experience playing from two tees to two permanent baskets if you utilize 50-90% of the same fairways and greens. Playing to the pins from a completely different location/direction would give you a unique hole except the green (but it causes traffic issues)

Thanks for the input. Next time your up this way check out Somerset DGC... Fun little 10 hole I help with that will be expanded next year.

I am going to vote for the Owen High Nature Trail Disc Golf Course in the Asheville, NC region.
But, I'm partial.
DSCJNKY

my vote is the slopeside 9, which is a beginner 9 hole course at the base of blue mountian, pa. There are 2 other 18 hole course on site. One plays from the top of the mountain to the bottom and the other plays around the bottom. both have extreme elevation and give you a chance to throw several types of shots. so my vote is the slopeside 9 due to being around to play 36 more holes right after playing 9 and it being a warm up for a couple of courses that have had a NT stop played at.

I don't have a ton of experience with 9 hole courses, but the City of Ann Arbor did a great job with Bandemer Park. Three concrete pads per hole (most offering a completely unique shot), clever design, pleasant surroundings, a water hazard or two and a teepee made of scavenged branches. Fun factor is extremely high.

Hate me some Go Blue. Love me some Ann Arbor.

Thanks for the input. Next time your up this way check out Somerset DGC... Fun little 10 hole I help with that will be expanded next year.

This whole post is funny . . .Erock sounds a little like Superberry did about a year or two ago . . .I apologize in advance but you have to admit it looks funny for the newer guy to be doing what Superberry did for Winter Park just a short while ago. You couldnt run across a thread without mention of Winter Park . . . just like my hayday when you couldnt run across a thread that didnt have a mention of Kops Park or my review . . .oh how the tides change.

Sorry Erock . . . Sorry Superberry. I do like you both in the end . . . nothing wrong with promoting your course especially if you had a hand in designing and/or building!!!

I don't have a ton of experience with 9 hole courses, but the City of Ann Arbor did a great job with Bandemer Park. Three concrete pads per hole (most offering a completely unique shot), clever design, pleasant surroundings, a water hazard or two and a teepee made of scavenged branches. Fun factor is extremely high.

Hate me some Go Blue. Love me some Ann Arbor.

second... great time and great park!

Parque de la raza is the best 9 holer I have played as of yet. It is located in San Jose, CA by hellyer dgc. It is extremely challenging w/ multiple pin placements. Feel free to check out the reviews on there as well. ;)

This past year we had 5 1000 rated players and 3 rated 1020 or higher play our one day event and only one player was able to shoot under par for the course. When this course is set all long as it was in the tournament it has been as difficult as any other 9 consecutive holes on any course I have ever played. You need very long accurate shots to even entertain the idea of getting a birdie, even the short hole plays uphill and through a tunnel. I love the 9 hole course you think of passing up only to find its fantastic.

Check out the video.

So we can all agree that Parque De La Raza is in fact the best 9 hole disc golf course in the world! Lets get some other video up to show these other courses everyone is talking about. Besides I want to know of a regular 9 hole course that can destroy a 1029 player.

This whole post is funny . . .Erock sounds a little like Superberry did about a year or two ago . . .I apologize in advance but you have to admit it looks funny for the newer guy to be doing what Superberry did for Winter Park just a short while ago. You couldnt run across a thread without mention of Winter Park . . . just like my hayday when you couldnt run across a thread that didnt have a mention of Kops Park or my review . . .oh how the tides change.

Sorry Erock . . . Sorry Superberry. I do like you both in the end . . . nothing wrong with promoting your course especially if you had a hand in designing and/or building!!!

No worries harr one of the main reasons I started posting more on this site is to promote SOMERSET (there I said it again). If I could travel more I would probably not do this so much. I would really like to be on the road all summer playing as many courses as I can, the reality is I work 40-50 hours a week and run a fun league at SOMERSET and play new courses when I can.

I do wish I had a job that I could travel the country with....

This is a fun little 9er. Definatly not one of the best but a good one.

I've been to Brickyard a few times in it's early days. They have done a ton of work out there since then; though, from a play stand point; it was good; even then.

Lambs Creek is interesting; but it may be debatable how "fair" some of those holes are. There are also a couple of throw away holes.

no way this is the 5th 'best' 9 hole course in the u.s. - i'm not even sure it's my favorite 9 holer within an hour or so of me.

That is according to dgcr reviewers. I just thought I would post it. I haven't played most of those and I don't know any more about them other than what is on there course page.

That being said; what is the best 9er you have played?

Latest posts