• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Ace Ever Filmed?

In my very humble opinion, there are two types of "Good Luck"...

There is "Pure Luck", which would include a first time thrower hitting an ace during their first few rounds.

There is also "Manufactured Luck" (for lack of a better term), which would include players that play and/or practice so much,
that "good luck" has a chance to happen more frequently, just due to the massive number of throws they are making.

IE: Manufactured Luck -- Hole 1 at my home course, Hiller Park, not a long hole from Red, but it is to a peninsula green with about 180 feet to carry the water. I always knew that eventually I would Ace this hole...even when I was a newb and used to lay up, then carry the water....I always thought "I'm gonna Ace this thing one day"....and after nearly 7 years of 2 to 4 rounds a week, and hundreds of attempts, I got "lucky"......or did I....I know the best way to run the hole for my throwing style and finally got it.

IE: Pure Luck -- about 3 to 4 months after I took up the game of disc golf, I entered a
Discraft Ace Race -- 18 holes, all under 200 feet, 1 throw and your done, it is either in the basket or you move on to the next hole.....had an example of "Pure Luck" on Hole 18, when I got my very first Ace, I didn't win the tournament, but did win the Ace Pot, because the winner of the tournament didn't buy into the Ace Pot...so he got plastic, I got cash....pretty sweet, and I've been hooked on this silly game ever since...

Last edited:

Latest posts