• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best backpack for $150-$200

techn9cian4life

Double Eagle Member
This may be a redundant thread, cause I know there's plenty of bag threads out there. But I've been out of the game for a while, so I have no idea what's "new" in the world of bags so I wouldn't know wtf I'm reading about Lol So... I currently use the DD Soldier bag with the DD straps. Great medium sized bag. BUT I want a new backpack. When I was heavily in to the game a couple years ago I had the DD Ranger bag and loved pretty much every thing about it. I know DD has came out with a couple other mid priced backpacks, but from what I've seen I'd choose the Ranger over them all still. I've always kinda wanted a Grip bag, but I honestly don't know if they're worth the money. Considering just buying another Ranger, but wanted to see if there was any thing "better" out there. Sorry for the long read, any and all help is appreciated.

surprised at this price point you arent going for a cart

Wouldn't be opposed to it. But again, I don't know any thing about them Lol Carts weren't really a "thing" when I played heavily. I think Zuca had just released their first one around the time I stopped playing.

Wouldn't be opposed to it. But again, I don't know any thing about them Lol Carts weren't really a "thing" when I played heavily. I think Zuca had just released their first one around the time I stopped playing.

its more so the terrain too carts are great to have at some courses and some they are absolutely miserable

most people around here go for cheap backpack or go for the cart

its more so the terrain too carts are great to have at some courses and some they are absolutely miserable

most people around here go for cheap backpack or go for the cart

How much extra storage do carts have? I liked my Ranger cause it could fit like 18 discs in the main compartment, 2 putters on the side, and up top I had my extra practice putters/towel/hoodie if weather called for it/and a few other random things. I think my only complaint was the fact it could only hold one 32oz water bottle cause the umbrella/stool holder was on the other side.

How much extra storage do carts have? I liked my Ranger cause it could fit like 18 discs in the main compartment, 2 putters on the side, and up top I had my extra practice putters/towel/hoodie if weather called for it/and a few other random things. I think my only complaint was the fact it could only hold one 32oz water bottle cause the umbrella/stool holder was on the other side.

i have no clue ill let someone else chime in

i do know the carts have "mods" to do and people nerd out hard on them

i just roll with a 10-12 disc side bag style

This may be a redundant thread, cause I know there's plenty of bag threads out there. But I've been out of the game for a while, so I have no idea what's "new" in the world of bags so I wouldn't know wtf I'm reading about Lol So... I currently use the DD Soldier bag with the DD straps. Great medium sized bag. BUT I want a new backpack. When I was heavily in to the game a couple years ago I had the DD Ranger bag and loved pretty much every thing about it. I know DD has came out with a couple other mid priced backpacks, but from what I've seen I'd choose the Ranger over them all still. I've always kinda wanted a Grip bag, but I honestly don't know if they're worth the money. Considering just buying another Ranger, but wanted to see if there was any thing "better" out there. Sorry for the long read, any and all help is appreciated.

Also some of the best bags, Upper parks Designs are currently not being made. I would have gotten one of those a few years ago in mid 2018 if the brand did not start to go oop at that time and officially oop in 2019.

Last edited:
But theres like 100 Grip bags Lol IDK the difference.

That's what YouTube is for.

Also, Grip has pretty decent descriptions of each of their bags on their website.

I'll likely be getting one myself in the near future. Still trying to choose between the AX4 and BX2.

There's 4 and other than the G they're pretty much just small/medium/large. I do wish they had a bright color other than green. Like a dayglo orange or pink.

That's what YouTube is for.

Also, Grip has pretty decent descriptions of each of their bags on their website.

I'll likely be getting one myself in the near future. Still trying to choose between the AX4 and BX2.

Just looked those up. BX2 is what I would probably get into. Thanks for the idea haha

If you get a cart, the DD commander bag is perfect with the upper disc pouches being easily accessible. Really solidly built bag too by itself. That'd be my pick. I do have the big Grip bag too. Also really nice but more pricey and more of a pain to get discs out of the outer edges of the main compartment. You won't have them fall out though, that's for sure.

There's a reason Grip sells a crap ton of bags.

It's because they are the most identifiable backpack company in the sport - because they did it first. Their quality has slid a little bit in the last 5 years or so, in my opinion.

As for OP's question - the best mid sized backpack on the market is cheaper than his 150-200 range. The Upper Park Shift is the best designed backpack for less than 20 discs out there (I'd argue that the Carlton is better, but that's not a pricepoint bag)

grip might be the most well known dg bag yet they have the smallest numbers of ppl in my area using them

Probably the price of the bags I would bet. I bet if the Grip bags were priced under a hundred bucks you would probably see more people using them. You see most of the pros carrying them but I'd bet the majority of them didn't have to pay for them.

Gonna hit my local shop Wednesday and check some out. He's sponsored by DD, so his DD bag stock is always high. I know he carries a good amount of carts and Grip bags as well.

Latest posts