• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best basket

Which basket to buy?

• DGA Mach III

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DGA Mach V

• Discraft Chainstar

• Innova Discatcher

• Total voters

AirMaxVang

Par Member
I think I'll be getting a bonus at work and I want to buy myself a nice basket. What are your opinions on some baskets? I've never putted on an Innova Discatcher before. I'll probably be deciding between a Mach III and a Chainstar. Let me know what you all think.

Edit: I meant to write Mach III instead of Mach II. I also already have a Mach 14 and a Innova Discatcher Traveler basket.

I voted mach III, but have only played on mach III and mach V. It could be due to flooding or something else, but the mach V's seem much shorter than the mach III's. Too short for my liking.

edit-did a little research, the mach V's are only 3 inches shorter. my misconception likely due to poor installation or flooding in the area causing them to sink.

for permanent baskets, i voted chainstar...but for portability, DGA mach lite

best practice basket ever

Out of those it is the Discatcher but they don't catch as well as a Titan.

Discatcher is the best catching basket on your list, though I'd seriously look at the Gateway Titan too...a little bit cheaper (from primediscs http://www.primediscs.com/products.asp?cat=37) and supposedly the best catching basket out there. Of course, for practicing, you might want the worst catching basket, in which case I'd vote for the Mach III. (I know a lot of people love the Mach III, but I think its just b/c it advertises itself as the "cadillac" of disc golf baskets. Cadillacs aren't that good of cars, people....)

Out of your two options I would say get a chainstar. It's got 24 chains vs. 18 on the mach II.

But I think the innova discatcher is my favorite basket. Always excited to drive to a new course and see those baskets. I think they just catch a disc better. And I love to see those yellow bands. Just their presence makes me focus more and more on the sweet spot for my putts.

hehe, ok, sorry to offend the Caddy lovers out there. I'll admit I haven't been in the newer ones, but if I were going for a top notch luxury machine, I wouldn't be buying an American car.

I still stand by my opinion that Mach III's are way overrated, though

No offense taken, I've never been in a new one either.

As far as baskets go, I'd submit that you get a Gateway Titan. They are super tough and look cool and catch nicely.

Which basket do your local courses use?

That would be my recommendation.

I have a Discatcher Sport, and I'll agree about the yellow band. Most of the courses around here are Discatchers, so it helps with visualization. It catches ok, but I've heard great things about adding a second set of chains.

fattestfoot said:
I have a Discatcher Sport, and I'll agree about the yellow band. Most of the courses around here are Discatchers, so it helps with visualization. It catches ok, but I've heard great things about adding a second set of chains.

Yeah you probably have the older version too. The old ones with yellow tops and bottoms are the older ones and catch about 75% as well as the newer ones with just a yellow top.

Many players hate the band because they hit it but i'd rather hit the band and here a bad noise and lose a stroke than hit the knuckle on a Mach and have my disc roll away. Or worse you could hit the number plate and crack your disc.

Latest posts