• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best courses near Cleveland, OH

Moose33

Stego Connoisseur
Gold level trusted reviewer
Hey guys, I travel a lot for work and may be posting in here often to see best courses in a given area.

I always try to get at least one round in when I'm in a new city.

So the next stop is probably Cleveland and the surrounding areas. For locals where is the go to? It will be late Feb/ early March, will it will be super cold?

It could very well be cold and snowy, this year especially. If you can get outside of Cleveland there are a lot of good courses within an hours drive. Simms park in Euclid and Veterans in Parma are both closer to the city center. I would recommend Punderson S.P. if the weather is good and Parma if the weather is bad.

How long will you be in Cleveland? If 3 days or more, the weather will be different from the 1st day to the 3rd.

Roscoe Ewing, Portage Lake, Lincoln Park/Oak Ledges are all good, along with Euclid and Parma.

Of those I've played in that area, I definitely liked Roscoe Ewing and Lake Shore the best. Parma's not bad, but personally, I was unimpressed with Simms... thought it was just OK and felt a bit mislead by the reviews and ratings. Depending on where you are durindg your stay, Lake Shore may be out of the way, but I think it's an excellent course, a lot of fun an is my favorite in "Cleveland" area.

Read the reviews and see what suits you best.

If you've never played in it before, the snow on the ground is likely to be more of an issue than the actual temperature... it's likely to be pretty deep this year.

Last edited:
I had some snow in WI earlier this year but it was very light and not deep. Is it likely to be thick on the ground still?

I play a ton in bad conditions here, but that's just 45 degrees and raining hard. We got the most snow we've had in years last week and it was only 5 inches. I don't mind bad weather but not really used to snow and ice.

Thanks for the tips guys, I'll read the reviews on all the ones you mentioned! Hope to have a good round out that way.