• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Disc Golf Sunglasses????

Oakley Flak Jackets Polarized. Love and on my third pair ( I'm rough on sunglasses )

In Arizona, the Sun is brighter than s***. Polarized lenses are a must for disc golf. My optometrist pretty much mandated I buy some. I previously had spy's and they would fall off every other throw.

This year I bought some Oakley Straight Jackets. They fit my face well and haven't even came loose once let alone fall off. I say try a bunch to see what fits best and don't skimp on the protection level. You only get one set of eyes.

Oakley Half Jackets, Bottlecaps, and Fives Squared. Only the Half Jackets have the Unobtainium nose piece but I've never have problems with any of them sliding or falling off, MTBing or DGing.

Prescription!

It helps when you can see the basket. :)

I can honestly say that I wear my sunglasses more often than I wear my regular glasses.

Edit: mfcastillo17 beat me to it

Oakleys are holding the sport down!

Ive asked tons of attractive girls if they like new balances and/or oakleys and they dont.
This leads me to believe the only reason you guys love em so much is to promote brosephism and try to state a claim on dg courses.

I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone mention Arnette. I fell in love with their goggles when I first started snowboarding and naturally I looked to their sunglasses when I was less than impressed with Oakley. They are not cheap either. But, they're italian made, durable as rock, and built for sports. Their sponsored team consists of Surf, Skate, Snowboard, BMX, and Wake. I rock a pair of the polarized Cheat Sheets.
1981754-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Now that it's been over 10 years, it seemed like a good time for a necro bump...

Anyone want to chime in on what sunglasses they use?

I'm also looking for suggestions for which glasses, if any, you use when courses dip into the woods. Someone mentioned Maui Jim way back in 2013. I do think they give nice contrast sensitivity and may not require you to take them off in the woods. I'm sure plenty of other brands have good options as well.

I've lately been impressed with how cheap sunglasses are at Costco. The only issue is that they seem to switch out available models almost completely every couple months. Nevertheless, less than $100 for Oakleys, RayBans, or Maui Jims seems like a steal.

I've been rocking the Wells XL from native. I do have to take them off or put them on my hat during the more wooded holes but they have grips on them that seems to keep them from flying off for the most part. I've had em for almost 2 years and one of the grips started coming off but that was covered in the warranty.

I like goodr sunglasses for discgolf. They have a rubberized coating, so they stay on your face or hat. They're cheap at $25, polarized and have awesome colors. I tend to loose and break a lot of things, so expensive sunglasses aren't my jam.

As for the woods. I prefer to take my sunglasses off in the woods and put them on when I get in the sun. If you want to leave them on all the time I suggest something with an amber lenses. They tend to block out less light so you can still see when you're in the shade. I have the best luck finding amber lenses in fishing brands. Kast king or filthy anglers makes some decent cheap sunglasses, but I like my goodrs better.