• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best finishing holes?

Hole 18 on The Lions course at Lake Marshall is pretty sweet.

Tee over or around the water to approach up the chute.

Looking back from the par 4 short pin, par 5 long pin is another 180 or so up the hill.
IMG_9736_zpsu0v2awle.jpg

Hole 20 at Conifer and top of the world at DeLa are the only great finishing holes I've played.

two rivers has an aceable #18, but I'm betting the scoring spread isn't that great (lots of 2s). In the winter it has 3 more long holes, with #21 being 1020ft with water. this week at dubs there was a 3 way playoff using these 3 holes; ended in 2 way tie w/no more daylight to continue. both teams had a chance to win on 21 with a ~60ft putt.
53961531.jpg

Downhill bomber finishing holes are the most fun. Especially shorter ones where you can safely empty the bag on.

I know, it's not a finishing hole, but it should be. Hole 17 at Bryant Lake in Eden Prairie, MN is probably my favorite TOTW shot I've played.

3 empty your bag finishers.........
PURDUE North Central in NW Indiana
Sycamore Trails in Dayton Ohio
Barfield Crescent in Tennessee

Most Satisfying 3 on a 850 ft hole....
McNaughton in Pekin IL

18 Blue at Diamond X is roughly 700' long with 180' of elevation advantage at the tee. Used to be the record for longest recorded ace; not sure if that's the case anymore.

Aside from being epic off the tee, the green is on a peninsula with a lot of roll away opportunities and some huge brambly bushes that can quickly mangle a mis-placed approach. The hole is technically reachable for 2 by almost all arm speeds, but you definitely see a lot more 4's than 2's, even among MPO players. Getting a 3 feels pretty good. It's a great hole for scoring separation.

My favs:

Granite Ridge, Highbridge, WI
754' straight uphill. A bruiser after a long round.

db26145f.jpg

d607259e.jpg

3e7cea36.jpg

Selah Creekside, Talco, TX
Only 318', but water carry the whole way, and have to land on a pretty thin peninsula. More discs end up in the water than on land.

ac621571.jpg

ebf7cc13.jpg

Justin Trails Big Brother, Sparta, WI
635' TOTW shot...with a tight gap about 50' off the tee.

0f28c140.jpg

Zobel Park, Green Lake, WI
653' (or something close) in the longs TOTW shot...with a forced release line at the beginning. Basically, throw the biggest, hardest hyzer flip you possibly can.

b0bd4ca2.jpg

Some gooders in there. A few of which I have played with you.

But my favorite hole to finish on? Your mom.

The lake at Winthrop would be a good place to fish for disc. I've drowned a couple there myself and I've witnessed sev... what's that? Oh... 'finishing holes'! Sorry, I thought it said 'fishing holes'. Never mind. :p :D

Hole 20 at Conifer and top of the world at DeLa are the only great finishing holes I've played.

I think since I've played it, probably you too, Beaver Ranch has been re-designed and that hole 20 is no longer the finishing hole. It's a bummer I guess, but no more 1/2 mile walk or hitch back to the parking lot!

I have three tied and none are PTP which surprises me,

- Inverness outside of Birmingham, AL
- Socastee outside of Myrtle Beach, SC
- Pipeline outside of Spartanburg, SC

Hole 18 on The Lions course at Lake Marshall is pretty sweet.

Tee over or around the water to approach up the chute.

Looking back from the par 4 short pin, par 5 long pin is another 180 or so up the hill.
IMG_9736_zpsu0v2awle.jpg

This course(s) are top of my list for this summer.

One thing that this thread has me thinking about is that there are a ton of amazing courses around with quite forgettable finishing holes.

Flip City- simple downhill anhyzer
Rollin' Ridge- bendy Hyzer with tons of trees
White Oak park- has a potential death putt, but it's really just a little tunnel hole
Hornings Hideout Meadow- Just a little uphill shot
Pier Park- another shorter Hyzer hole
The Rez- long but just pretty open
Could go on.

The only great course I've played that has a really good finisher is Milo. In the long position with the road OB and the basket on the island. That's a darn good hole, but even that one is probably one of the least pretty holes on the course.

One thing that almost all of those have in common is that 17 is amazing. But 18 you could easily forget.

My favs:

Granite Ridge, Highbridge, WI
754' straight uphill. A bruiser after a long round.

db26145f.jpg

d607259e.jpg

3e7cea36.jpg

Selah Creekside, Talco, TX
Only 318', but water carry the whole way, and have to land on a pretty thin peninsula. More discs end up in the water than on land.

ac621571.jpg

ebf7cc13.jpg

Justin Trails Big Brother, Sparta, WI
635' TOTW shot...with a tight gap about 50' off the tee.

0f28c140.jpg

Zobel Park, Green Lake, WI
653' (or something close) in the longs TOTW shot...with a forced release line at the beginning. Basically, throw the biggest, hardest hyzer flip you possibly can.

b0bd4ca2.jpg

I was waiting to see your post about Granite 18 lol, it was inevitable....

And I'll have to add that I agree with you on Granite 18, there's nothing quite like that ending beatdown. Otherwise, I can also agree that there are many forgettable finishers.

A second place from my experience would maybe be Sandy Point 27 - along the beach and then the basket is on that 10 foot wide peninsula poking out into the water. Really forces me to lay up alot and take happy bogeys.

3rd would maybe be.... Rollin' Ridge, long, tight winding, punishing par 5 from the black tees. I've played a good amount of courses but I really have a tough time thinking of much outstanding finishing holes that I've played.

Latest posts