• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] best floater?

There are three water holes at my home course. I use a Blizz Boss under 140 for all three. All three of the holes have the water on the right, and the Dragon and Wahoo are just too understable for that shot.

Not sure what is going to be best for you (OP), but with the Blizz plastic, under 140, floating, it gives you a lot more options.

In a tournament, I would not consider a "floater" for a shot. But in my everday casual rounds, I use the floater to save on discs and be able to comfortably go for the shot without worrying about losing a disc.

does the course have a bail out area or different tee for less skilled/distance challenged players? The should be options.

Mine does and I use it when the pin is in the long location because I like the angle and its worth the stroke penalty.

Some Blizzards float. All Epics float. But also don't forget Lightning has some "normal" discs that float.
Key here is that it should become part of your normal arsenal (of discs) and not as a 'specialty disc' - as then you'd really know how to (and be confident in) throw it.

Karl

ret002.jpg
ret003.jpg
ret004.jpg

pretty easy setup works great just remember if your course has a swampy water hazard your floating disc might hyzer into the mud and it wont float just a fair warning
btw a bliz wraith or a hydra would be good floaters imo be sure the bliz is under 140 tho

U mad bro? Don't hate because others are just more creative. :D

i agree. ive saved a couple discs from being lost just because they were floaters. i still think it depends on the situation though. there are times (shallow clear water) where its easier to retrieve a non-floater disc.

Oh no, totally. I would only throw a floater in casual play, and only when trying to carry the water. Or tourney if I'm feeling frisky. My home course has a creek in play 7 of 9 holes, and I don't even have my blizz boss in my bag when I play there, since I can see the bottom for 6 of those 9. Even then, there's places where the sticks make using the Retriever impossible. Then you either get wet or abandon the disc. Infuriating when you can see it, but not reach it. :wall:

i like seeing some hydra love here....i know a lot of people hate on the hydra...I personally like it and it floats rather well....try one...i have 2 in dx and one in r-pro....the dx is the way to go.....i like to rhyme...i have to go i'm out of time :D

Get yourself a Lightning #3 driver and thank me later. Almost everything lightning makes floats, and I was pleasantly surprised by how well this thing flies

Invest in a golden retriver if the water in the pond is not too dark. If you can see your disc you can fish it out with one of these

Latest posts