• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best hole you have played?

One the top holes in my book is Stead Ed Headrick Memorial (IDGC) Hole #5, long pin, but only if the lake is up. One of the most fun tee shots I've ever played.

A bunch of WR Jackson holes stand out, but if I had to pick one It'd probably be #8. Just a beast of a par 5. Most holes with that much length have downhill to help you out, not here.

There are many many many more holes that really stand out as being amazing, but I picked the 2 above for completely arbitrary reasons.

Vista Del Camino XL (Memorial) layout. #8. Just because it's a somewhat famous hole, pucker factor, and I got a birdie.
IMG_20141026_101848_418_zpsejcucydr.jpg

For me, the best hole isn't the one that's the most fun or scenic. It's the one that tests the skills/abilities of the player. And to me the most challenging/testing holes are par 4/5 that require a both a left to right shot and a left to right shot. Castle Hayne #8, Nevin #5, Deer Lakes #9 all come to mind. CH #8 would be my favorite though; tight R to L teeshot, bending L to R fairway shot and then strong L to R approach. None of the shots are too difficult but all require skill to hit them.

8 would be the best if it weren't for the blandness of the drive. The fairway/green are perfect, the drive is really limiting.

The best at CH is 11. Lots of choices off the tee, three-able (I know, MJ 2's it -- he's slightly above average) a 4's a good score and 5's not bad while a six is possible if you hit early.

best local baskets: Nockamixon #18, Jordan Creek #13, Tyler the one after the cliff one c-pin over the creek (can't keep up with the numbers), Sedgley red 27 (the only par 4 in the lot), Iron Hill #3, Stafford Woods #15, South Vineland #1.

15 at Moraine or 18 of the Black Course at Grand Vue Park.

in no real order, if i had to pick just one it would be HH15

hawk hollow 15
hawk hollow 8 (maybe the best under 300 feet)
hawk hollow G
new quarter 18 long to long
woodshed 13
whipping post 6
iron hill 5 gold
iron hill 3 gold
walnut creek 17
loriella 3 long
gran canyon 2012 layout 7

there will be some contenders on a complex i'm starting work on this weekend as well.

Hawk Hollow #15 is a great hole, even though I don't have the arm to do it justice. I also like the challenge of #12.
Seneca #13C and D – Long dogleg right, OB creek all along the left side, woods on the right, baskets set close to the creek.
Patapsco #9 – A 472' semi-open downhill drive with the basket on a well-guarded rocky knoll.
Rockburn #7 - a tight, downhill, left-turning 370' tunnel.

I have a thing for tight downhill tunnels.

Surprised no one mentioned #1 at Water Works in KC or #1 at Maple Hill. I don't know my favorite but thought of these two while reading this thread. 2A at Flip is very good, I've been thrilled after getting my par 4 a few times.m

Makoshika State Park #12.

There is a slit that lets you see the basket or possibly go for it with a laser straight throw.

You can also hyzer around to the right of the big mound. The disc disappears while you cross your fingers and hope to see it reappear by the target.

The neat thing is that everything is about 3/5ths as big as it looks in the picture, so everyone has a shot at executing these incredibly difficult looking throws.

eb04ec72_m.jpg

I love this site for turning me onto courses I'd never heard of. This one looks intriguing. Beautiful, western rugged topography and some cool pin positions. I was 90 miles from here in ND last summer and had no idea.

Pretty biased here but Diamond X has some special holes, some of my favorites are Green 9, Black 17, Black 18, Red 16, and Red 18. Both 18 are bomber cliff shots, the others just have a little bit of unique flair to them. Check out my Diamond X album for pics of at least a few of them...

Already mentioned that I really like: Idlewild #11 and Shawshank #18

I'm not sure how this hole has been posted yet - Selah Ranch Lakeside #7
ac8d72d5_m.jpg

b2c6a55e_m.jpg

193d30d3_m.jpg

Honorable Mention to Horseshoe Canyon Ranch #13
b4d41080.jpg

13b9472d_m.jpg
Was gonna post Hole 7 at Selah. Probably the best summation of what a golf hole can be. It offers maximum risk/reward scenarios at each landing zone. It is intimidating, especially if conditions arent ideal. A few of my favorite holes i remember playing are on either of those courses.

Horshoe however, i havent played yet even tho im only ~2 hrs from there

Four Mounds 'Cape Fear' Hole - Spokane WA
DeLa #27 TOW (How has this not been mentioned yet??!?!??!)
Milo McGiver 'Genius' Hole

Latest posts