• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best personal round ever thread

best rounds by score:
38 at salisbury nc 9 holer playing both sets of tees
39 at bull run every time i played it.

best rounds that mattered:
41 on old kentwood to lead the dogwood crosstown after 1 round in 97(?) which set me up for a legendary blowup the next day at cedar hills. dogwood was one of the biggest events on the east coast at that point.

54 long to B on the old seneca creek setup in maybe 98.

I once got a -20 playing the listed pars at Winton Woods in Cincinnati. Before your jaw drops in amazement or accuse me of lying just let me say that is one of the easiest smallest course I've ever seen and it definitely has the most generous listed pars I have ever seen. The longest holes on the course are 275 and 290, and they are both listed as a par 5. Anything on that course over 200 is listed as a par 4.
Those pars were based on the original rec par scale published by Steady Ed even into the mid-90s. Under 200'=par 3, 200'-265'=par 4, Over 265'=par 5.

3 down at Ellicott Creek first and only time I played it.

My best personal round was a tournament round at the 1999 Pro Worlds in Rochester. I shot a bogey free 47 on the Gennessee Valley temp course in the third round rated around 1020 which moved me into leading the Grandmaster field for my first and only time ever leading Worlds.

Is there a way to figure out what a 48 from the blues at Circle R Rolling Meadows in Wimberley, TX would be rated?

Look up a tournament on that course and see what the ratings look like. You can do an Advanced search on the PDGA site going back up to 10 years but you need to know the name of an event there since the courses used search isn't an option yet.

Looked it up and a 49 shot in 2008 was rated a 1061. I shot my 48 back in 2000 mainly using a Cyclone and old mold Whippet.

At my home course, Anthony Disc Golf Course, I have shot -4. It is a 18 hole course. My best on a 9 hole course is -3 at War Memorial.

At my two home courses I've posted -14 on the short course (200-330 feet) and -11 on the long course (275-550 feet).

I've had a -10 round on a pretty easy course. I shot a tournament round at Dretza long tees in Milwaukee, +2, which ended up being 968 or 972 rated.

today wasn't too bad for me either - doubles at thorpe park Flagstaff AZ jlogsdon and I shot a -15 (39) and tied the course record : (2 holes we missed 12 & 17 are 400ft+ and very wooded, very very tough 2's)

My last few games have been my best games yet but I am improving my consistency and accuracy.

But compared to guys that live eat and breath disc golf, I suck, bad. I'm no expert yet I'll bet you that I'm having way more fun at this than most.

I have a great mid/upshot and I can't stand it. I want to bomb the basket accurately and putt in. A good upshot means I'm at par, shine that, I want to be under par.

I play every hole, no matter how far is three.

But if I play the course numbers for each hole, I am often under.

The below score card is from the second time I've played at this new course. Many holes are just too generous, wide open and perfect rolling conditions.

I suck at rollers now but as I continue to improve at them, my game will continue to improve as the grass courses out here are PRIME for it.

I'll continue hitting the forest courses and I'm almost ready for the desert (rock) courses.

Consistency and having both a good back hand and fore hand, shaping left and right and soon rolling and keeping the putting accurate.

A BULLSEYE is on the horizon.

Attachments

• 2:4:12_Meadows.jpg
    2:4:12_Meadows.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 10
-6 at my home fairly open course Paul B Johnson State Park. Several -4's. Average about -2. Really wishing for some more challenging courses in the area.

my best personal round was probably at my local course. played the original 18 holes (there are 24 now) with one extra and shot -13 with 13 birdies, a double, an ace, and some pars. really just one bad hole and a couple misses. and one of the few rounds i switched to an ion from the usual aviar. weird...

My best personal round was at Deer Lakes during The Hunt last year. The first round, I shot 3 birdies and 15 pars. I came back the 2nd round and eagled my 2nd hole (hole 13) and went bogey free until the very last hole of the tournament and bogeyed that. Ended at 8 under for a 979.

Other bests are only a 6 under at Schenley multiple times where I really feel I could shoot -9 and 4 under at Knob Hill. I've shot under par once at Moraine from the blues for a -2.