• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best personal round ever thread

hector69

Bogey Member
I am sure that I suck at "searching" the older threads. As a matter of fact, I used all the skills I care to use and searched for a thread that matched my desire for a thread and could not find one.....so here goes.....

This thread is based on a need to post (boast) about my best personal round ever.....here goes....

Today, I threw a zero.....even par....at Roger's Lakewood Park in Valpo....

I have been throwing for a couple of years and finally today, threw EVEN par....4 birds, 4 boogies...

I can start to see improvement after so many rounds I can't count. I am starting to believe I am really addicted to this game.

BEST personal round ever.

Yesterday i shot my personal best at Moraine. -1. Ive birdied every hole on the course at one time or another but usually always have one blow up hole where i take a double or triple

Also shot a -4 at deer lakes last week

3 under at the 6 basket pitch and putt. :clap:

20, even 30 some odd over everywhere else. :(

My low at my closest course (10min from my driveway:thmbup:) is -9 from the white tees, -3 from the blue tees. My avg is -3 white, +3 blues.
We have six 18 hole courses and one 9 hole in a 30min radius, so I'm lucky :hfive:

I've shot some lower rounds on easier courses in the past, but recently shot a 9 down on my local 20 holer. Considering I usually shoot about 2 down, and my previous best was 6 down, that was quite an accomplishment for me. 9 birdies, no bogies.

I've shot -11 at Horning's Hideout/Highland at night, but its barely more than a pitch and putt. A better gauge for me is Dabney and Pier Park, where I first shot +15-18 years ago but now have shot par a few times on both.

My personal best @ Schenley Park is -7 (47), Knob -3 (51), Deer Lakes E (66), Moraine +1 (67). These are the courses that I've played enough to posta low score.

I shot a 48 on Circle R Rolling Meadows on June 26, 2000. It's a course record that still stands to this day. I ended up with eleven two's and fifteen skins that round.

Three down at Mesker Park, from the shorts, 20 hole layout in the 2011 Pumpkin Shootout. I think it was a 955 rated round or so.

-7 at Morley is my best though it was a freak day. I usually do -3 avg.

I think I shot a 9 or 10 down one day a couple months after I started playing. I was 9 down on the front 9 and then went up and down from there without any pars I think. The round I'm most proud of was my first tourney round of all pars or better. Shot 6 down.

Even par at Delaveaga. My usual definition of a decent round there is single digits over par. It was one of the few rounds I've played there when everything was in the short position. Had 4 birds and a 4 on I-5. Also shot -7 on the old layout at Seneca with a mix of A and B pins.

I shot my 2 best rounds back to back at 2 different courses.

My score was -7 at Elysian park, took off to OG park and shot -7:)

I had two good rounds at our Ice Bowl this weekend (Sarasota Watertower) +5 for 20 holes 1st round Am tees, and -12 for 20 holes 2nd round from super short tees!