• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best personal round ever thread

I've shot 3 1000+ rated rounds at my home course.. should be more.

Do you mean estimated 1000 rated rounds? Or did you throw them in tournaments?

they were casual rounds, but they were all below the SSA for every tourney I've looked at on that course.

21 down dubs at Cameron park west. We took second...

Personal best rated 982.

they were casual rounds, but they were all below the SSA for every tourney I've looked at on that course.

I'm not saying this is the case with what you are doing but at our local course people were saying things like that. Talking about shooting 1000 rated rounds not factoring in that it was freezing cold and windy at the tournament they were referancing.

I'm not saying this is the case with what you are doing but at our local course people were saying things like that. Talking about shooting 1000 rated rounds not factoring in that it was freezing cold and windy at the tournament they were referancing.

yeah i'm sure that happens in some cases, but this tourney is in june and for the last three years a 1000 rated round was a little above 48. I've shot a 47 once.. maybe twice and a 48 a couple of times. I hit 49 quite a bit. but it's my home course, it's annoying i can't do that more often.

i think i've only hit the SSA or lower on two other courses, i'll have to check that.

'Tis true...I've seen the same exact score in the same exact division get rated differently round to round. Pin position placement, weather, and other extenuating circumstances will change the rating.

10 down at Morley Field.

A typical score for me there is between -3 and -5, but that particular round I didn't miss a putt inside 40', and banged a 50' jump putt for a deuce on the last hole to get to "digits", as they say.

My best scores from my most frequently played courses...all are from the long tee pads - I can't remember the pin positions!!

Taylor Park in Largo FL = -9
NE Coachman in Clearwater FL = -8
Cliff = -4
Tocobaga = -6

Best rated rounds:
1012 rated (49) at Veterans Park in Lexington, KY during the Lexington Open
1000 rated (52) at V.A Berrie in St. Thomas, ON during the Flatts Classic

Best unrated rounds:
48 at Highbridge Hills - Granite Ridge (most pins were in the long position, a few were in the shorts)
41 at Craigshead Forest in Trumann, AR

Best at local courses:
Seviren Lang - 54
Charlie Vettiner - 52
Buffalo Trace - 52 (19 holes)
The Fun Farm - 52 (21 holes)
Iroquois - 46

I recently posted a round that I felt was my best round but now I've reconsidered. The lowest score isn't always the best. I went into the 3rd round of a Battlefield Open tied for 3rd with Gangloff, one stroke back from Moser and Fowler who were tied for 1st. I shot a course record 42 that was eventually rated as a 1057 to give myself a 6 stroke lead going into the final round. And I held on to win by 6.

I recently posted a round that I felt was my best round but now I've reconsidered. The lowest score isn't always the best. I went into the 3rd round of a Battlefield Open tied for 3rd with Gangloff, one stroke back from Moser and Fowler who were tied for 1st. I shot a course record 42 that was eventually rated as a 1057 to give myself a 6 stroke lead going into the final round. And I held on to win by 6.

if that wasn't your best round then it was 38 at gillies in the dark with 2 discs drunk as a skunk...

I scored a -7 in my 2nd round at the Coyote Point January monthly. Bogey free.

That felt good.

if that wasn't your best round then it was 38 at gillies in the dark with 2 discs drunk as a skunk...

John, you were the TD for that Battlefield and I remember you looking at my scorecard when I passed tournament central. You gave me the look of approval.

I still remember everything about that 2 disc round. I wasn't that impaired.

yep- at the end of the round moser came up and said "chris shot a 12"- i misheard him and thought he had said "kirk shot a 12" so i congratulated kirk on it- then he told me it was you.

how many holes did i play before i went home the night of the 2 disc round?

Those pars were based on the original rec par scale published by Steady Ed even into the mid-90s. Under 200'=par 3, 200'-265'=par 4, Over 265'=par 5.

Huh, didn't know that. Learn something new everyday I guess.

Still gonna tell everyone I shot a -20

-15 @ Blendon Woods. Of the 3 pars, 2 bounced off the chains.
It's a small course but it was still a good round for me.

Shot a -14 at Vista Del Camino last night. Most of the baskets were in the long positions, making it considerably harder. Of my 4 misses, 3 hit the basket and 1 spit out after bouncing off the pole. It was a solid round.

Latest posts