• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best player who hasn't won worlds. Fpo and Mpo

Currently or ever? Two different questions.

Ever?

Males - Dave Greenwell, Steve Valencia, Larry Leonard.
Females - Anni Kreml, Beth Tanner

Currently?
Based on world rankings, the answer is Matt Orum and Eveliina Salonen.

I have to go with Eagle and Kristin Tattar. Calvin Heimburg would be my second guess for MPO.

I think Sexton for MPO. He's been good for so long. He's been an amazing ambassador for our sport. He's like the Larry Fitzgerald of disc golf. I kind of want to go with Simon or Eagle, too, but I think Sexton gets the nod for me.

I don't know the history of the FPO well enough to throw out a name here. I know most of the modern players, but I'm not sure if historically there was someone better who hadn't won one.

Josh Anthon finishing 2nd place 3 years in a row (2009, 2010, and 2011) makes him probably the closest to winning World's without actually doing so.

As for present day and into the near future, I would expect Calvin Heimburg to win a World championship based on his calm demeanor; I don't think the moment will ever be too big for him.

Josh Anthon finishing 2nd place 3 years in a row (2009, 2010, and 2011) makes him probably the closest to winning World's without actually doing so.

As for present day and into the near future, I would expect Calvin Heimburg to win a World championship based on his calm demeanor; I don't think the moment will ever be too big for him.

iirc anthon went into a playoff at worlds with kenny klimo one year right

Mike Randolph and Scott Martin (lefty) had top finishes at Worlds and USDGC, respectively, with potential to eventually win Worlds but moved on to focus on their technical careers. Markus Kallstrom also came close, finishing second to Nate Doss in a tight final 9 at the Pro Worlds in Highbridge to potentially become the first MPO winner outside the U.S. Elaine King was first FPO outside U.S.

Very few know the stellar success of Darrell Nodland from North Dakota, mostly out of the spotlight. In 2004 at age 37, he finished T2 four shots back of Climo in the USDGC. Since his first rating in 2002, it's always been above 1000. At the end of 2019, his rating is now 1033 at age 52. Here's the link to his PDGA rating history.

For FPO among currently active players, I'd go with Jessica Weese. Long time fixture, usually a threat to make lead cards, and wins a surprising number of events with little fanfare. For example, the 2019 CCR Open and 2018 Ledgestone. I'd love to see her take down a World title.

In terms of players most likely to win, I'll go with Kristin Tattar. Excellent all around game. Just a matter of time. She's already won a major, so the hurdle of winning a big event has already been overcome.

Thanks, I am bad with the female players since I do not watch them. I need to.

Nate Sexton I forget the age but thought he is nearer to 40+ so I do not quite see him winning MPO but MPO masters 40+ as soon as he is eligable to win. But then Greg Barsby who is about Paul McBeth's age won in 2018 and then that guy who nobody expected to be better then in top 20, Emerson Keith almost won worlds, got cocky in the second round at the event they do the Ledgestone insurance Open by Discraft at.

Hard to predict Worlds when you never know what type of player is going to win.

The reason I named Sezton is because he is consistently good and a 'threat' to win in almost every tournament he plays (I'm sure some haters can and will cherrypick tourneys he didn't do well in, but overall he's consistently good), and he won the USDGC recently. In reading the thread, Eagle McMahon and Josh Anthon are good choices, as well.

Thanks, I am bad with the female players since I do not watch them. I need to.

Nate Sexton I forget the age but thought he is nearer to 40+ so I do not quite see him winning MPO but MPO masters 40+ as soon as he is eligable to win. But then Greg Barsby who is about Paul McBeth's age won in 2018 and then that guy who nobody expected to be better then in top 20, Emerson Keith almost won worlds, got cocky in the second round at the event they do the Ledgestone insurance Open by Discraft at.

Hard to predict Worlds when you never know what type of player is going to win.

Barsby is closer to Nate's age than he is Paul's. Paul is 29, Barsby turns 33 this year, Nate turns 35 this year.

MPO: Nikko
FPO: probably Jen Allen

There are plenty of newer players coming into this decade who I think have a shot. I think Heimburg is the most likely to win next. The guy is ice on the course.

MPO: Eagle (the reason why I say this over Simon, don't crucify me) his play style seems to be all about entertainment, I don't think he honestly puts in the work it takes to be a world champion but obviously he's still damn good.

FPO: Cat has nearly always been on the heels of Paige ever since I can remember watching coverage on YouTubee in nearly every Pro tour event.

MPO: Eagle (the reason why I say this over Simon, don't crucify me) his play style seems to be all about entertainment, I don't think he honestly puts in the work it takes to be a world champion but obviously he's still damn good.

FPO: Cat has nearly always been on the heels of Paige ever since I can remember watching coverage on YouTubee in nearly every Pro tour event.
Cat won in 2014. Here's the link to PDGA World Champs.

Latest posts