• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Best putter of all time and why?

If I had a time machine I'd just go back to 1999 and buy 20 9X KC Pro Aviars. Then I could just ignore all threads about putters and throw 9X KC Pro Aviars until I died. :|

Buy 40 then sell the others for a couple grand. Is a NOS 9X worth about 100? I have no idea.

Buy 40 then sell the others for a couple grand. Is a NOS 9X worth about 100? I have no idea.
The last one I bagged peeled the bead right where my finger sits on the rim. It still flew fine and all I had to do was adjust my grip up or down from that spot ever so slightly but I. Just. Couldn't. Do. It. OCD much? So I went to the stash; I had two left. One has a scuff at about 2:00 on the flight plate, the other is damn near mint. So I pulled out the scuffed one and shot a picture to a guy I know who buys a lot of big bead Aviars asking him if the scuff brought the value down enough that I should just throw it and he went "I'll give you $120 for that right now." :\

Short story long, when I want to throw a 9X I gotta adjust my grip to avoid that peeled bead because those other two went back in the stash. $120 is a lot 'o moolah to throw at trees.

The last one I bagged peeled the bead right where my finger sits on the rim. It still flew fine and all I had to do was adjust my grip up or down from that spot ever so slightly but I. Just. Couldn't. Do. It. OCD much? So I went to the stash; I had two left. One has a scuff at about 2:00 on the flight plate, the other is damn near mint. So I pulled out the scuffed one and shot a picture to a guy I know who buys a lot of big bead Aviars asking him if the scuff brought the value down enough that I should just throw it and he went "I'll give you $120 for that right now." :\

Short story long, when I want to throw a 9X I gotta adjust my grip to avoid that peeled bead because those other two went back in the stash. $120 is a lot 'o moolah to throw at trees.

Yeah I wouldn't throw it. I know guys who would though. One disc golfing bud took out a NOS PFN Star Destroyer, looked brand spanking new. I told him I would give him 60 for it, knowing I could sell it for probably 120+ I thought. It might even be worth 150-200, IDK. Anyways he throws it and enjoys it.

I throw lots of X-outs and stock stuff mostly (some tour series but not much), I'm certainly not throwing a 150 dollar disc around.

Waaayyy before Frank Delicious, Dave McCormack was telling me I had too many discs in my bag. I had a "driving putter" and a "putting putter"; he laughed at me and said "all putters do the same thing when you are putting. Pick out the putter you like off the tee and putt with it." :|

People let putting get in their head. The reason that discs like the KC Pro Aviar and Wizard have been the gold standard for putters for decades is because they are great driving putters. Once you drive the thing into C1 off the tee, you might as well pick it up and put it in the basket.

This is 100% why I putt with an Envy. It's the greatest driving putter of all time, and still putts like everything else. I do like the thinner profile over something chunkier for putting too, just for hand feel, but honestly that's secondary to having the most versatile and greatest driving putter ever created.

Well from a FB poll, it's currently 34 votes for envy as the greatest driving putter of all time. Next is a 6 for some piece of crap I wasn't familiar enough with to remember it's name.

So if everything is the same in C1.. Case closed! The Envy.

FB even said so :D

Well from a FB poll, it's currently 34 votes for envy as the greatest driving putter of all time. Next is a 6 for some piece of crap I wasn't familiar enough with to remember it's name.

So if everything is the same in C1.. Case closed! The Envy.

FB even said so :D

Well, that's not fair if 32 of those votes were from you.

picture.php

It stands for unity.. The Envy, broadly embraced by the masses and is a symbol of acceptance.

Just try and crap on my rainbow.. I dare you :D

picture.php

It stands for unity.. The Envy, broadly embraced by the masses and is a symbol of acceptance.

Just try and crap on my rainbow.. I dare you :D

Just got this... nope... not the best putter of all time...

Still the Wizard!

Attachments

• 20220306_152914.jpg
    20220306_152914.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 155
Whichever one didn't not go in last. Duties chez nous currently handled by a Streamline Stabilizer.

It was the same color when I got it.. Haha. It's seen a lot of rounds and it's finally, almost, broken in.

y4mIlGri7Na7dLZbkVYd9yiXqD8V_DOEgneBnuiAhEuttlfq1lkRzptgjee1uB_jXZtqP2zMqMR_VwLxlT7cKDzAHh34_2cQ8uutKXaMGrlCwO-R1ZL5YhpnCGGjB_SGCalA4A-bF0-wo0ulDO6AAaMU5HcLLuVGQlQOVpFpbDfT3u-0CINGKK6mjWFEGV4G3KiSDUPJ8udPj96QsugrvdHbisYbAvBGSzyRHQiIIIGMbc

My 1.0 Glow Envy has been doing crazy work for me lately. It's great for drives, approaches, and putts when I don't feel like grabbing my Electron Envy.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter. I've traveled for work without room for discs (or forgot to pack them), bought random putters all over the country and I'm still the same fairly decent putter that I am at home with my regular bagged discs.

Doesn't matter. I've traveled for work without room for discs (or forgot to pack them), bought random putters all over the country and I'm still the same fairly decent putter that I am at home with my regular bagged discs.

Yeah, but the Envy is still the best.

I'm guessing "Ken Climo" ain't the response the OP is looking for?

Why? 12x in MPO, plus 3x in Pro Masters