• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best short hole courses?

Depends on the definition of "short hole". All under 300'? Average under 250'? 200'?

Earlewood (18 holes/4800') and Timmons (18 holes/4500') get my vote, but they average about 270' and 250', respectively.

Seven Oaks (Columbia, SC) is 9 holes, average 150', a nice place to throw putters & mids, enough trees to make it interesting.

Depends on the definition of "short hole". All under 300'? Average under 250'? 200'?

Earlewood (18 holes/4800') and Timmons (18 holes/4500') get my vote, but they average about 270' and 250', respectively.

Seven Oaks (Columbia, SC) is 9 holes, average 150', a nice place to throw putters & mids, enough trees to make it interesting.

For my skill set anything around/under 200 feet I consider a short hole.

How could I forget Hunter Park in Newberry? 12 holes, 2800', the first 4 and last 4 all 240' or less.

A cute little course---with a couple of dumb holes---which is close to my house, and quite a change-of-pace from my usual rounds here.

Bailey road park is pretty fun for a short course- 18 holes, 4431 total, 7 under 200 ft, the 2 longest
Holes are right at 300. I play there with just a putter or mid/putter.

There is a tiny course in a tiny town of Malcolm NE. Larry Murray Park averages about 230 ft/hole. I always have fun playing it though for a change of pace. It helps that there is an awesome hole BBQ place in town. It's all the way across town though (1 block away).

Campton Hills in St Charles, IL is my highest rated 9'er. At 1586' holes range from 111' to 223'. Great use of terrain (its on a glacial drumlin...or moraine?), lots of trees, interesting hole shapes make it cool. It is fun 1 disc challenge.....just with a putter or midrange. See if you can score and 18 (or better)....

I would say "short" is less than 5000'. "Pitch n Putt" would be less than say 4500'.

18 holers that I like a lot are:
Reedy Creek - Charlotte,NC - 4813' in the shorts
North Water Tower - Sarasota, FL - 5050'
Lakeview - Sarasota, FL - 3500'/5000'
Vollrath - Sheboygan, WI - 3899'
Timmons - Greenville, SC - 4510'
Kentwood - Raleigh NC - 4085'
Horizons - Winston-Salem, NC 4262'
Elon Eager Beaver - Charlotte, NC - 3338'/4415'
Cedarock - Burlington, NC - 4493'
Camp Catalpa - Richmond, KY - 4668'

Not sure if this counts, but Ghost Town in Russels Gulch, CO is pretty short. Most holes are in the lower to mid 200 foot range with 3 holes above 300. It's not really a short course, but it isn't very long either.

Not sure if this counts, but Ghost Town in Russels Gulch, CO is pretty short. Most holes are in the lower to mid 200 foot range with 3 holes above 300. It's not really a short course, but it isn't very long either.

^^^^^ Totally counts. Wish I had thought of this. Love Ghost Town!

Acadiana Park's Ace Run course is 18 holes totaling 4197', with six under 200' and an additional five under 250'. Great densely wooded terrain and varying elevation with lots of creative lines. It's been my top short course for a while now.

Blue Angel Park Palmetto's short tees total up to 3865, and that's another solid course. I don't think they're as good a round as Ace Run, though the long tees are really fun.

The short course at Hornong's Hideout is a really fun layout with short holes that are interesting and challenging.

The short course at Hornong's Hideout is a really fun layout with short holes that are interesting and challenging.

I was just about to suggest that one. 3077' but pretty well designed to make it really fun with just a putter and maybe a mid. It's a great course for glow rounds, with the solar lights on top of the baskets.

Vollrath is pretty fun for a short course. Sheboygan also has Jaycee Quarry, which is just as fun, and 20 holes.

Red tees to either silver (3045') or blue baskets (4125') are fun at Kenwood Trails in southern Twin Cities.