• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best smaller shoulder bag?

comphynum

I have a Voodoo Mojo with straps which can serve as a tourney bag, longer rounds, etc. when I get there. Right now I am focusing on 9-10 discs to get better form. I don't lugging around the Mojo for this purpose and for the course I play most of the time.

What is a great smaller bag I can throw over the shoulder?

Since I like the Mojo so much I am thinking maybe the JuJu but based on how big the Mojo really is I am concerned the JuJu might be too much bag.

Also considering the Fade Gear Lite. Any others I should be looking at? Looking for something that will last with decent construction as I will probably pass this to my son in a couple of years.

I'm not up on all the bags.. I've been using a double nutsac for about 8 years.. Still in great shape. I did glue an extra 2 pockets into the inside. The thing I like most is how you can clip the second pocket together and then it's a single six disc bag too..

Ridge roller

Ridge Roller has a putter caddy that holds 1 putter, 1 Mid and 2 drivers. Has a sling for your shoulder and pocket for mini and phone. Also can be used on a cart

Get the Juju and be done with it. I use it with 11 discs normally. Great value and exceptional quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comfortable and not too bulky to carry over the shoulder with normal strap?

Yes, I have used it with the normal strap. It was fine. But when I switched to using some light quads (Innova, I think), the bag really became comfortable. It just feels "right" with the quads.

I have a friend with the Gorilla Boy equivalent (Squirrel Monkey maybe), and he also uses quads.

Lighting has some really cheep bags though they have to be bought through Gotta Go Gotta Throw. Not sure what the smallest size is that is still available but I think that is the Small, Beginner is sold out. The Zipper disc shaped pouch in my case if I had one of these bags would be holding my other stuff like an extra mini, spare towel, and golf ball or two to get discs down from trees.

Another vote for the Juju. At its current price point I don't see anything out there better. FWIW, I've had one for YEARS now and while it's fraying at certain seams, it's without question structurally sound and shows no signs of failing.

I wear mine with quads, but the Juju is a fairly slim bag, especially if you're using the internal skeleton. Even with the skeleton removed (to allow for more discs) it's still not bulky in any way, especially compared to a Mojo, which tends to be a bit bigger for a bag of its capacity.

I can't recommend the Juju enough. So much so that I'm eyeing picking another one up so I can keep it at a friend's place out of state (but mostly because I'm a bag whore).

Gorilla Boy Squirrel Monkey holds 11 discs comfortably and has two drink holders. Mine is dirty but flawless after years of use and abuse.

Gorilla Boy Squirrel Monkey holds 11 discs comfortably and has two drink holders. Mine is dirty but flawless after years of use and abuse.

To clarify for those unfamiliar with GB - Spider Monkey is the "base model" small bag while the Squirrel Monkey is the "premium version" more or less. Few extra features, slightly larger price tag. Both are fantastic:hfive:

To clarify for those unfamiliar with GB - Spider Monkey is the "base model" small bag while the Squirrel Monkey is the "premium version" more or less. Few extra features, slightly larger price tag. Both are fantastic:hfive:

On the website and FB page, all I see is information about the Simian backpack bag. Does anyone know if GB is still making the smaller bags?

Weird, looks like the answer is no. I purchased a Spider Monkey maybe 6 months ago (I've owned about 5 GB bags over the years).