• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Throw of the Week

7faddc27.jpg

Very happy about throwing my protostar mamba down hole #4 at Mason Sports Park on Friday, and landing just 15' right of the pin for a deuce. For a guy that throws maybe 300' on a good day in a flat field, it was sweet to shape a flex shot 411' (even if it's significantly downhill!) :thmbup:

Finally hit my first ace at Mt. Airy on the 15th! Hole 8, a 235' downhill straight shot with a stiff headwind. I didn't have anyone playing with me at the time so I decided to record the shot with my cell phone just in case. Tossed a Z Hornet down there and well, Lucky me! First recorded ace.
1461ef95.jpg

Hit about a 100 foot putt with my Ching juju on Thursday around a tree on hole 14 at black bear Park IL was pretty awesome cause the last time I was there I hit another super long putt on the same hole.

I came up on three guys on hole 3 at elver park in Madison. They let me play through, i usually f up bad when i play through. heavy cross wind so instead of the pain i used my QOLF and parked it, two holes later played through a group of four and hit chains from 260 out. I needed that, work has got me down to maybe once a week and I needed a good round to recharge.

I feel ya on the good rounds for a recharge, I play once or twice a week now as well, I'm in need of one of those rounds!

Pretty simple shots for most o y'all, but I had two drives within 3 feet of the basket on the Willows today, holes 9 and 10, which are short but have trees in play. What was satisfying was I chose discs to do a specific task, and they did it to near perfection. Yaaay for disc golf!

Aced yesterday with a SSS Voodoo without the aid of chains. Funny thing is I was talking to my buddy about it on the hole before how I would like to hit a no chain ace as that would mean you floated that disc perfectly in the basket. 205 feet, no chain, good day :)

It might not have been my best shot last weekend but it was probably the most profitable...I won a CTP on hole 4 at TC Jester. It's a short hole and not very difficult but the entire way to the basket is a huge drop off to a creek. I threw a drone on a slight hyzer and parked it. It won me a Ti Wasp, Glo KC Pro Aviar, CFR Roadrunner, and a t-shirt.

Photo credit: I stole Jubin's picture from the course page...The basket is where you can see some people on the other side of the creek and you have to walk accross the bridge to get to get there.

4atjester.jpg

I threw a volt in the basket on a big hyzer to save 3 on a 450' hole a few days ago. It was from about 240' away and I hit a 30ft window and faded straight into the chains. It was pretty spectacular to witness because these particular baskets have a few of the inner chains that are free swinging so hard shots make them fly up and around the basket. The real kicker was the terrible previous shot. I hit my friend in the leg with a failed forehand roller. He blamed himself for walking ahead and wasn't injured, I told him I was just playing a strategy. :p

My Best Throw of the Week:
Hole #10 Camp Sankanac-
5c4dbc0b.jpg

Hole #10 Tee-
a1f97401.jpg

Hole #10 Basket to Tee-
c3c55a17.jpg

I throw my flat-top Roc off the tee and park it right under the basket for a drop in birdie :D

Not one shot, but 2. I was playing castle hayne on the way to the beach for thanksgiving and was playing a more fun than serious round. On hole 4 I would normally throw a mid and set up for a 3/4, but I decided to go for it with an eagle. I threw the perfect s-curve and ended up about 70 ft short in the middle of the fairways. Behind the basket is a sharp drop off, but I said to myself "yolo" and went for it and it went in. I wish.I had a witness.

Foundation park, Centrailia IL, hole 6 b position, I got a bird 3!

Centrailia is almost 2 hours from my house, but my job location moves around a lot and my foreman is a disc golfer too. Monday we were sent to mid Illinois so he grabbed his bag and told all of us (non golfers included) that we were playing Centrailia.

I had to play with his discs and in my work boots. The round didn't go so well. I didn't realize how important my bag is.

Anyway, hole 6, a hard par 4. I throw his Roadrunner, never thrown one before, just trying to lay up before the creek. It turns just perfect down the narrow fairway, but it glides and comes back (unexpected). I cleared the creek at about 280. From here I can see the basket but its an even tighter shot, and still almost 300. I rip his Buzz, make the gap and end up with a 20 footer. Boom birdie.

One great hole can make a bad round ok. The non golfers had fun too, after some liquid encouragement.

My best shot of the week was a small disappointment! I was at the Brickyard (awesome local 9 hole), throwing alone, and playing Cali for practice sake. For anyone wondering, you get 1 mulligan per hole, used whenever you like (off tee, approach or putt), and then choose which shot to play. Well anyway, playing blue tee to yellow basket (longs to shorts), 2nd hole, 348 downhill, slight right curve at the end of the fairway. I went long on initial tee shot, and take my Cali shot, tee off 2nd time and CHING, my CE Orc goes right in, grrrrr. Not a legitimate ACE! Dang, sweet sweet shot though, would have been 2nd ACE.:doh: :wall:

My best shot of the week was a small disappointment! I was at the Brickyard (awesome local 9 hole), throwing alone, and playing Cali for practice sake. For anyone wondering, you get 1 mulligan per hole, used whenever you like (off tee, approach or putt), and then choose which shot to play. Well anyway, playing blue tee to yellow basket (longs to shorts), 2nd hole, 348 downhill, slight right curve at the end of the fairway. I went long on initial tee shot, and take my Cali shot, tee off 2nd time and CHING, my CE Orc goes right in, grrrrr. Not a legitimate ACE! Dang, sweet sweet shot though, would have been 2nd ACE.:doh: :wall:

Sounds awesome... they made CE orcs??

CE does stand for champion edition... but champion edition plastic was a completely different plastic than the current champion plastic. It was made around 2000(I maybe wrong on the year)... CE plastic discs are now highly sought after, and expensive... CE plastic was molded in valks, eagles, teebirds, leopards, rocs, and aviars (maybe others, I am no expert)

Champion, sorry, thought ce was champion edition. guess not. what is CE then? apologies, new to discing

No need for apologies brotha.. there is a learning curve for all of us. Soon enough you will have seen enough discs for sale, that you will know the different plastics from different eras, and how much $$ they are worth

Latest posts