• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best way to keep score?

I really like Udisc on the iPhone. It's easy, fast, and as a beginner of 4 months in the game, it is awesome for tracking my progress. You can also send scorecards to other players that have the app on their phone. I play with a lot of the same guys on a regular basis and it is cool to see how everybody is doing. You can also separately put in putt counts on each hole to keep a finer handle on how your putting skills are doing.

I have an extra iPhone 5s that is out of contract and no longer has cell service on it. I put it in a Lifeproof case and it is basically dedicated to running Udisc and my own app (when I am working in the oilfield), and I have a waterproof, shock resistant scoring system that I keep in my pocket.

I like using the uDisc app. I actually opted for the cloud option as well

The DGCR app is by far the best scorecard app on the market. If you don't use the app, I would suggest using the scorebook anyway.

The cloud option allows you to keep the same stats on different devices. I keep score on my iPhone, but like to look at the stats on my iPad because of the larger screen. The other great piece to the Cloud option is the sharing of scorecards. If your buddies also have this option, as soon as a round is scored, it automatically transfers to their cloud and device.

I am currently using Udisc. I wish I could at least try the DGCR app first. I like what I see with the Udisc app so far. I was considering going +. How does the DGCR app compare to Udisc? I was getting ready to start experimenting with the distance measurement portion of it as I work to improve that aspect of my game.

Another vote for the DGCR app. For $5, it's a steal. The scorecard is great, but the directions feature that pushed lat/lon directly to your nav app is awesome.

Also, if you're into course bagging (or are traveling), the map feature on there is fantastic.

I don't really like Udisc. Sure it has a nice GUI and the distance and disc library are nice. The scorecard however is not good. What's wrong with a traditional golf scorecard. Show me my in and out scores, if you want to get fancy show me putts, ob strokes, greens hit. Let me change the pin position on the fly, adjust pars. A good app that does all of this and more is easy scorecard pro. It's nowhere near as pretty as UDisc but it's better for things a disc golfer wants to know. I don't know how the DGCR scorecard app compares.

Pro par (scoring everything as a par 3) is the best way to keep score. Then... just keep track in your head your number over or under par from there. Easy.

Another vote for the DGCR app. For $5, it's a steal. The scorecard is great, but the directions feature that pushed lat/lon directly to your nav app is awesome.

Also, if you're into course bagging (or are traveling), the map feature on there is fantastic.

:hfive:plus all the course info is generally updated and accurate coming from DGCR. course conditions are nice.

you can search DG stores too.

DiscCaddy

Disc caddy is absolutely free, easy to add players and scores after every hole and it keeps track of your score on each hole. If you want quick and simple then use disccaddy.