• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

between Harrisburg Front Royal off 81

chris v

theres three possible courses for me to hit on my trek back up to PA from the front royal VA area..sherando, barnett, whispering falls...all three courses have identical ratings. I can only play one..any suggestions?

Whispering Falls hands down.....WF loses ratings due to 1 long walk which people for some reason equate to 1 disc less in the rating. Other than that it's one of the best courses out there

Cool. I like that its more in the middle of my drive back to philly, that will help break up the drive. Would like to hit all the great courses down there if i had more time. Is WF nasty this time of year in regards to losing discs easily in the vegetation?

I would guess that only 2 holes would be particularly rough with vegetation off the fairways...but the downhill plunge that comes after those 2 holes makes it all worthwhile trust me :)

I'd definitely play Whispering Falls over the other two. Bring a course map and course notes or find someone to play with that knows the course. The rough was fairly rough with lots of poison ivy a month ago, and the gnats were bad.

Whats better between sherando and barnett? Might be able to play one of them the day before i drive back

I haven't played Barnett but I think I would play there over Sherando.

It's only a 9 hole course but if you have time go down 81 just a little bit to Signal View. I've not played the other two you mentioned but I found it much nicer than Sherando.

Whats better between sherando and barnett? Might be able to play one of them the day before i drive back

hands down, barnett is better than sherando. barnett is a great course and worth your consideration if you don't have enough time to play the wilderness of wf.

went to whispering falls, had a blast. Took a dip in the creek after our round.