• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BG AMS!!! April 12, 13, 14

The actual ratings you have the day the PDGA makes the pools for me will determine your division.
The last rating update prior to the event is scheduled for March 26th.

If you get bumped we will let you know ASAP. If you see that you are needing to move up prior to that date, please e-mail me and I will get you switched.

A reminder: you will be put on tees and pools by your rating, so round 1 you will be playing with like rated players. Again this year, if you win your card, you will win a prize each round!

The actual ratings you have the day the PDGA makes the pools for me will determine your division.
The last rating update prior to the event is scheduled for March 26th.

If you get bumped we will let you know ASAP. If you see that you are needing to move up prior to that date, please e-mail me and I will get you switched.

A reminder: you will be put on tees and pools by your rating, so round 1 you will be playing with like rated players. Again this year, if you win your card, you will win a prize each round!

Woo-hoo, my ass bad current low rating will help me the first day hopefully win my card. Can't wait to see what that prize is, hope it's a good one!

$25 Mellow Mushroom Winner #6

Monday Morning Winner: random drawing was #261. Daxten Odaniel, an Intemediate player from Lebonon , Kentucky is the lucky one who was the 261st player to register!

You will get an e-mail notifing you, and can pick up the $25 Mellow Mushroom gift certificate when you check in and pick up your players package.

285 players were in the drawing today - the earlier you register the more chances you have to win

I got this message from a player. PM me if interested and I will forward contact info:

I am staying at the Country Inn while playing your tournament.

I have extra space to rent to someone responsible enough to drink seven beers at night with me @ $140 for four nights. Wed. check out Sun.

still some spots left...i'm tempted to register.

do many people come up early for practice rounds? i'd prefer not playing blind if i do.

Pratice Rounds

All courses are open for pratice, even if there is an event scheduled at the course (like doubles, performance based scoring, distance event on hole 2 of Phil Moore), although playing in those events are a good way to see the courses as well.

Early play: by Wednesdy night last year we had 350 players checked in, so lots of early play on and off the courses!

Win your group in Round 2 - Win a GATEWAY E-Karma

Gateway is proud to sponsor Round TWO for our famous Round Winner Prize!
Saturday morning, when you turn in your card to the course TD he will hand you the prize. If there is a tie on the card - a scorecard sudden death playoff starting on hole 1 on the card will determine the winner.

Thanks to Dave McCormick for again sponsoring this great contest, and be sure to visit Gateway at http://gdstour.com/ as well as the flymart Friday night to learn more about this midrange disc and full array of disc golf products and services.

Attachments

• Gateway E-Karma disc.jpg
    Gateway E-Karma disc.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 34
So do you guys think that gateway will add another wizard to the players pack??? I love my chalky wiz from last year. What about the other companies? Innova, dynamic discs, discraft, dga....

What would you like to see?

Will any of the players pack discs have the hot stamp that the CFR discs are sporting, or any tournament stamp?

Custom Stamped Discs?

All manufacters are offered the chance to create a custom stamp for the event. In 2012 Innova, Gateway, and DGA (for the pre-event DGA sponsored event) created excellent hot stamps. Sometimes manufactures wait untill the last second to send disc so they can introduce new models for the BIG event and do not have time to do the custom stamp, and some want their logo disc in the players' package.

And Discstalker.com made some custom trophy disc that had to be earned:

Attachments

• BG trophy disc.jpg
    BG trophy disc.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 56
I throw almost exclusively Lat so I was hoping to just make a wall hanger out of one of the players pack discs but I like the CFR logo so much I might just have to buy one before they sell out.

The firebirds are almost gone . . . if you want a color wall hanger. The dominator being in glow makes a good wall hanger and night light!
pm me if you want a cfr disc and I will get one your way.

I'll be coming this year and am looking forward to it! All the way from Louisiana. I really love all that BG has to offer for DG. As of now, I'm looking to get there on Thursday night, but was thinking I might want to be there a day or two earlier. Anyone have any input on this?

I'll be coming this year and am looking forward to it! All the way from Louisiana. I really love all that BG has to offer for DG. As of now, I'm looking to get there on Thursday night, but was thinking I might want to be there a day or two earlier. Anyone have any input on this?

Check out the event page....it has some info from last year. There was a few different events that were really fun.

http://www.bluegrassdiscgolf.org/BGamSchedule.html

The hobson grove performance singles, the "bring your own doubles" at kereiakes, BGTC, griffen, and lovers lane, distance contest at Moore, etc. I loved it all. I would defiantly go for Thursday and do some things Friday morning.

$25 Mellow Mushroom Winner #7

Monday Morning Winner: random drawing was #184. Donald Cunningham, an advanced grand master from Knoxville Tennessee is the lucky one who was the 184st player to register!

You will get an e-mail notifing you, and can pick up the $25 Mellow Mushroom gift certificate when you check in and pick up your players package.

349 players were in the drawing today - the earlier you register the more chances you have to win

GATEWAY PLAYERS PACK DISC

Dave McCormick at Gateway has announced his disc to be iincluded in the players package: WIZARDS!

Gateway will custom stamp a mix of RFF, sss, ss and soft wizards for the players packs, as well as a mix of colors.

Players will be given one disc, and then the trading of players package disc begins at the check in amoungst players.

The logo:

Attachments

• BG Open Gway.jpg
    BG Open Gway.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 59