• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BG AMS!!! April 12, 13, 14

Matt:

BIG GUN contest if just for registered BG AM players . . . but if you want to take me on in distance, bring it on. We will be throwing 129g Whamo Midnight Flyer 40 Mold.

Deal, and I think we might have to do this Wah-Bahs beer bucket round I've heard so much about.

Recreation Division is FULL

The recreational mens division is full.

Players have options:

Move up to Intermediate, or Advaced (or age protected advanced).

Get on the waiting list (costs $5) and you will be notified if an opening comes up.

Do both: register for another division, and if you come up first (next) on the waiting list for recreational division you have the chance to move.

Other divisions will likely fill soon, starting with intermediate men.

Register here: http://www.discgolfunited.com/disc-golf-tournaments/tournament-dashboard.cfm/tourn_id/568

Matt: You will need to bring your on midnight whamo 40 mold . . . . mine has two state records (KY and MO) and I do not like yankee hands on it! 386 1/2 feet, flat ground WFDF qualifing event in late 70s!

The beer bucket round was after the final 9 and awards . . . . much fun with staff, vendors,, and volenteers!

Matt: You will need to bring your on midnight whamo 40 mold . . . . mine has two state records (KY and MO) and I do not like yankee hands on it! 386 1/2 feet, flat ground WFDF qualifing event in late 70s!

The beer bucket round was after the final 9 and awards . . . . much fun with staff, vendors,, and volenteers!

I might have to get a whamo 40 mold just so I can do this

Yep, when they get moved I will open up their spot for someone on the waiting list. I build in a little wiggle room in each division for forced changes, keeping women playing in only womens group, and knowing some one will have to drop out due to injury or work.

BUT: I will use the waiting list as the way to fill openings . . . no "personal" deals to keep this fair to all players.

does that take into account the couple of players regged for rec that are well over 900 rated?

Yep, when they get moved I will open up their spot for someone on the waiting list. I build in a little wiggle room in each division for forced changes, keeping women playing in only womens group, and knowing some one will have to drop out due to injury or work.

BUT: I will use the waiting list as the way to fill openings . . . no "personal" deals to keep this fair to all players.

I am one of the two people in rec with a rating over 900 and that is due to a botched entry by a TD. I jumped from 892 to 916 with the addition of one event. The TD only entered one course layout for the event, the pro layout was 1000's of feet longer than what I played. Due to this error it looked like I was only 8ish strokes McBeth and Wysocki every round. This has supposedly been submitted correctly and will update in the next ratings bump. Soooo long story short don't count on my spot just yet. As for the other guy he had like 10 open events last year so who knows how he ended up in rec.

The other high rated rec player had input a wrong PDGA #, that is now fixed (an 836 player from NC).
Next ratings update is scheduled for March 26th . . . . then we will clean up players based on ratings.

There was an email that went out to regiistered folks early this week? late last week?

wizard
nuke ss
dga disc
birdie bag
shirt (if one of first xxx to enter)

can't remember the rest

Lodging

Anyone want to share living quarters, hotel room? I need lodging for 2 or 3 nights.

Please pm me, thanks.

There was an email that went out to regiistered folks early this week? late last week?

wizard
nuke ss
dga disc
birdie bag
shirt (if one of first xxx to enter)

can't remember the rest

DGA is an Undertow

I think there are 5 discs total with last two being Innova and DD - Could be wrong on this.
Hoping for a Trespass or Escape in the new Fuzion plastic !

Shirt for players package

Here is the shirt (dry fit) and logo that each player that registered by March 6th will have in their players' package.

You can pick this up at Paragon Disc's booth at check in - they have the list with the size you requested!

There will also be shirts for sale for those who did not get one.

Attachments

• Bowling green AM shirt.jpg
    Bowling green AM shirt.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 72
  • BG shirt logo.JPG
    BG shirt logo.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 42
DGA Mini Basket Trophy

DGA is customizing mini baskets with BG AMs number plates for winners!

These will be awarded to the top three in the divisions with over 100 players, and the winner in the other divisions.

Attachments

• BG Am mimibasket number plate.jpg
    BG Am mimibasket number plate.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 36
Trophy Disc design by Skeet Scienski

Skeet Scienski (Beyond the Disc) and Disc Stalker teamed up to sponsor the trophy disc for the 2013 Amateur Championships! Be sure to visit them at the flymart or at Hobson Grove during the event.

These will be awarded to the top 6 in the divisions with over 100 players, and the top three in other divisions. Division and place will be placed on this disc:

Attachments

• Am disc.jpg
    Am disc.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 43

Latest posts