• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BG AMS!!! April 12, 13, 14

Are the flat top firebirds still considered flat top when they show up warped because they were poorly shipped and stuffed into a standard manila envelope?

Bummer, I'd shoot HB an email. Mine came perfect...same packaging though, a bit nerve racking to open it. but my mail carrier kicks butt and doesn't bend anything.

Are the flat top firebirds still considered flat top when they show up warped because they were poorly shipped and stuffed into a standard manila envelope?

Shoot me an e-mail or an pm, I will be happy to send another one.

microtel $51 a night? done

ha, it's gone up from $45 a while ago when I booked! I've heard it is acceptable, no frills but acceptable, which is all I need.

Stayed there the last couple of years. Certainly nothing to write home about but not too shabby. Fairly clean, microwave and fridge, with bagels and fruit for breakfast.

With that said, I might look into some of these other disc golf supporting hotels next time.

I'm heading down for the Am Championships from the great state of New Hampshire. I was wondering if there is anyone up my way (or along the way) that would like to share travel expenses. I'm driving down. Leaving the Wednesday before and leaving Sunday after all is said and done. Am looking for someone to share gas money and even lodging if they like. I'm planning on getting a cabin locally ($85ish) a night. I might also consider a hotel room. I would be willing to pickup/meet throughout central or southern New England. Give me a shout.

$25 Mellow Mushroom Winner #4

Monday Morning Winner: random drawing was #42: Gary Willoughby, inrermediate player from Murray, Kentucky is the lucky one who was the 42nd player to register!

You will get an e-mail notifing you, and can pick up the $25 Mellow Mushroom gift certificate when you check in and pick up your players package.

190 players were in the drawing today - the earlier you register the more chances you have to win

Mine was in similar packing and was stamped "Do Not Bend" so showed up looking great. One of the best looking Champ Firebirds I've seen in awhile. I'm sure this will be corrected.

Mine was in similar packing and was stamped "Do Not Bend" so showed up looking great. One of the best looking Champ Firebirds I've seen in awhile. I'm sure this will be corrected.

A new one of his color choice has been sent, along with a priceless gift!
I had put too many disc in his package - watch out when "ticimala" is in BG as he will have his birds trained! Plus he has a special turn over bent firebird!

Got renewed and signed up today. i cant wait. Memphis is bringing a crew this year!

How far apart are the paths at White Park? It seems overly punitive to me to put Rec players on a course that you need both distance AND accuracy...

That's the thing though, if you're accurate and just throw 250' down the fairway you'll score just fine in rec. If you try to bomb 400'+ you bring a lot more OB into play and give the wind more chance to work on you. None of the landing zones are unreasonable to hit, though a few are blind and that adds a little bit of homer advantage.

(please don't take any of that as me actually liking that course, I think it's boring and repetitive)

Hey HB, I was just talking to some people about the Prodigy Disc debacle with overweight discs and was just wondering about how that would be handled in a tournament? A, B, C or whatever tier at a PDGA sanctioned event. Have you discussed this with other TD's and how do you plan on addressing the topic? Just wondering, Thanks

How far apart are the paths at White Park? It seems overly punitive to me to put Rec players on a course that you need both distance AND accuracy...

They aren't very bad. Usually they won't go into play unless you either crush it or throw it way off. 1-3 are probably the trickiest of them, but as the other guy said, as you long as you don't try to rip it you'll be fine. I agree though, seems like an odd place to stick rec. Oh well.

Lovers and White are the two courses that start to distance the upper half from the lower half. Accuracy is much more important that the distance.

@ DarrellR: We will do our best to meet all PDGA rules on approved disc, with certified officals on each course and me as TD to overrule or support their decisions if needed. We will also have the PDGA tour manager here for support. So if an ill-leagle disc is on site we will hang the player by his feet . . . .woops, sidetracked . . . .we will follow the PDGA rule book to the tee.

White Park: gives lower divisions to throw long, but offers the chance for risk reward compared to just throw long over and over. Our objective is to use the four courses that will best determine an overall skilled player for the advanced pool first, then set up the remaining courses to determine a skilled champion in the other pools. Manshunt hit the course on the head - although only one hole is blind. If you do not want to get max distance with a big anhyzer on an uphill 450' hole, you might want to be happy with a controled hyzer that has more respect for the wind (very much in play most days) and control an upshot for a drop in 3. Then watch the others in the group pull 4-5 strokes and be upset at the OB.

Thanks HB...I know it's tough with that many people but you seem to really pull it together and put on one of the best tourney in the country. Thanks