• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BG AMS!!! April 12, 13, 14

I would put it a lot of work for the money he is making plus let's not forget if he can run it right I'm sure someone will. I know a lot of people who can't stand HB and as far as pkayers packs let's not talk about BG AMS but about his smaller events when he pays out in left over discs from old events. When you have 650 people playing it's easy to have a great players pack because people want to help sponsor to get their names out.

Nice disc indeed.....HB and his 5 man "BG club" they run under his company name, made out like bandits. Since HB runs a series around these parts, I would assume his other tournaments should be taken off the schedule, since he violated the financial rules for BG Ams. In the past 4 years, HB has urinated in front of a current Hall of Fame woman (right next to a walking track) in a public parking lot,(with a port a pot 50' away) at a sanctioned event. HB was officially turned in to the PDGA and got slapped on the wrist. HB denied entry to a current good standing PDGA women player into his sanctioned event, because he didn't like her husband....illegal....turned into the PDGA....nothing. Brian Graham and the PDGA discipline board has no back bone, or integrity.....all they care about is HB Clark's money he sends them from his Am Scam Bluegrass Series. HB has proved he is bigger than disc golf and can set his own rules....Shawn Sinclair just told you about HB telling the PDGA he would just run the BG Ams as a Southern National event....Until the PDGA grows a pair, and gets this guy out of disc golf, HB runs the show in these parts, so just deal with it.

I can ensure you none of the above posted , regarding the PDGA, is true. But you are certainly allowed to have your opinion.

Those are facts about HB, and each of those incidents have been documented by the PDGA. My opinion is based on the results from those infractions. What other TD threatens the PDGA to run the largest Am tournament in the world, as a southern national event if they don't get their way, and get away with it? What other TD gets to expose himself to a 7 time world champion/hall of fame member at a sanctioned event, and gets away with it. What other TD gets to decide which current, good standing members get to play his sanctioned events or not based on personal opinion of them, and gets away with it. What other TD can run sanctioned events while ignoring the financial rules, and get away with it. My opinion is based on past performance of the PDGA doing nothing.....so either they are OK with this behavior or they just care about the money HB is supposed to be sending them. How else do you explain the PDGA's lack of action on these obvious violations? HB is the self proclaimed godfather of disc golf....he is bigger than disc golf, and the PDGA bows down to him.

This thread needs to be changed to HB haters thread. but in all honesty, he sounds like a db. and the only one defending him, sounds equally douchey.

Have you guys boycotted all of HB's courses that he has designed and put in the ground as well?

I am just curious how far all of this feud goes. From what I can see he has his name on a lot of courses.

Why are KY clubs notorious for having multiple clubs in the same town?

Can't you just hug it out? :)

Thanks for the information Shawn & bigshot, and I was at the tournament you guys ran in 07 where the final 9 was at White, it was my favorite BG Ams by far. I appreciate the good times you all provided in the past.

Last edited:
This thread needs to be changed to HB haters thread. but in all honesty, he sounds like a db. and the only one defending him, sounds equally douchey.

I think its pretty douchey for a bunch of internet nobodys to call out a guy after putting in months of preparation for a huge tournament, but what do I know?

I've played in both BG club events and SOKY club events, I don't care who is running the tournament I'll play. I always make a point to try and thank the TD and assistants for volunteering their time for us to play. Even if they mess up or I play bad, doesn't matter. There are a bunch of bitter players in this thread that want to find something or someone to complain about and in my opinion, that's whats douchey.

Hey Bigshot, guess you can no longer play Kerieakes, BG Tech, Lovers Lane, Hobson, Madisonville, Murray, or any other HB Course because of your undying hate for him. Unless you want to publicly complain about everything he does and then still play his courses weekly.

They are NOT his courses. He was over paid to install them only. We are working with the parks and decision makers of those courses to make them better. He is bad for the sport. I've confronted him before about his behavior, and he called the cops on me. The cops know about his reputation in town, told me he was crazy, and to try to avoid him if possible. He got caught at a course backing into another players car doing damage, and drove off. After the player threatened to call the cops, HB paid the young man whose car he knew he damaged....just another example of why none of the old school PDGA members/Pros are involved anymore around here....

Folks like Dr Rick Voakes, Sylvia Voakes, Fred Salaz, David Greenwell, Shawn Sinclair, and many others give to the sport with a passion that transcends personal gain.

Last edited:
Most of the people who complain about HB until their voice gets hoarse also play in all his tournaments. What's up with that?

That's kind of a stupid argument. First off, you're shifting the argument and blame onto others as opposed to keeping it focused on the man who is largely at fault. Also, HB runs a lot of tournaments. It would be dumb to boycott and miss out on so many. That doesn't mean we won't complain about him not taking the necessary steps.

Latest posts